“Should be rated 2 stars!!!”

Best Western Plus Hollywood/Aventura
Reviewed 26 May 2013

The first day when we got there, the coffee pot was empty. We let the front desk know and someone came to make more coffee. We sat there 10 minutes, asked if it was ready and was told, not yet. Waited another 10 minutes and still not ready meanwhile she had her face on her phone texting. Coffee takes 2 minutes to brew. Laziness. We never got our coffee and left. She never apologized either. The room had a few flies and mosquitoes. The carpets look like it hasn't been steam-cleaned in years. Water pooled inside & outside the bathroom because the shower curtains were cloth. Across the street is a cabaret. The bed was comfortable and the size of the room was good. Breakfast was good too.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank lilliandra

Reviewed 23 May 2013

The girls at the front desk were very nice and helpful. We were very impressed with the room, nice furniture, modern bathroom and the bed are sooooooooooooo comfortable!! I wish I would of stay longer.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
bestwesternHallndale, Administrative Assistant at Best Western Plus Hollywood/Aventura, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2013

Dear Myriam P,

Thank you very much for writing such a great review of our property. It is great to hear that you found our accommodations incredibly comfortable and suitable for your purposes. Also, thank you for the compliment of our front desk staff. I am glad that they were able to help you and were friendly during your stay with us. We hope that next time you are in town you decide to stay with us again, especially after all the renovations are completed.

Reviewed 14 May 2013

Upon arrival, we were a little worried. The area was sketchy and we were right beside the interstate. The building was a little rough looking and the reviews were not positive. However, the inside of the building was very typical for a BW and was clean and bright. The front desk staff was very helpful and pretty accommodating. Breakfast was also farily typical for a BW and was appreciated by my family. The exercise room boasts one machine which my three boys shared :) The building is being renovated, and there was a bit of noise and painting going on so it seems like they are working to fix the cosmetic problems. The rooms were average but not outstanding and one of our rooms did have a bit of a musty smell to it. The pool was big, clean and warm and the deck was big. The decor was very basic and there were no gardens or noise buffers but it was usable for our purposes. I would probably not stay again but it was okay for the price.

Room Tip: Do not stay on the side where windows face the Interstate!
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
bestwesternHallndale, Administrative Assistant at Best Western Plus Hollywood/Aventura, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2013

Dear chrsms,

I thank you and appreciate the time you have taken to write this review for us. I am glad that our staff was helpful during your stay and that you found our premises clean and bright. It also delights me to hear that you and your family enjoyed our pool area and gym. I am sorry to hear that you would not consider staying with us again and therefore apologize if any issues were encountered during your stay with us. As you noticed we are renovating and once finished the rooms and interior of the hotel will be completely different. I do hope that an opportunity opens up so that you and your family can visit us and give us your opinion of the new changes.

Reviewed 12 May 2013

We stayed here on 04/28/2013, for 1 night prior to a trip to La Romana, DR. We booked on hotwire via the secret hot-deals and only paid $50.00 for the night for 2 adults including free parking, wi-fi, and hot breakfast. HELLO…Did I mention FREE parking, wi-fi, and hot breakfast (including sausage/eggs). Lower rating due to having TOO MANY unfinished projects!!

On a positive note: we apparently got one of the upgraded newly renovated rooms and we were comfortable in the room. Nice paint colors, décor, and updated bathroom. Only issue in room was that the bathroom door wouldn’t close all the way. It seemed warped or something. Also we asked for a king bed and got 2 full sized beds instead. Oh well, just more room to play!!
The breakfast was typical cheap hotel fare but it was plentiful with lots of options. NO ONE should go hungry eating here because if nothing else one could have fruit/yogurt, toast, and orange juice.

I must say that I have to agree with other posts which point out that this hotel appears run down. As soon as you pull up you immediately see several ongoing renovation projects to the outside of the property. ALL of them appear to have been started and then left unfinished in the middle of the project. I say each project should be completed prior to starting the next project. Overall the outside appearance looks like some place I would definitely drive by without stopping because it looks sooo run down and in disrepair.

I also noted unfinished projects inside of the hotel corridors as well. Such as a whole wall (down to the frame/studs) needing drywall and paint.

As to location: hotel is about 2 miles from FLL right next to Hwy 95. I suggest that you make a u-turn on Hallandale Beach Rd at the gas station right off the hwy instead of following the navigation system along the side streets that run behind the strip joint located in front of the hotel. I didn’t like the side streets and felt unsafe the one time that we traveled on them to get to the hotel for the 1st time. I wasn’t really all that concerned by the strip joint right in front of the hotel. We didn’t encounter any weirdoes hanging about in the parking lot however I definitely don’t recommend young women hanging out or coming/going unaccompanied late at night or o’dark-thirty in the morning.

Room Tip: Ask for one of their newly renovated rooms and you'll feel more like you're getting a really...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Cowgrl323
bestwesternHallndale, Administrative Assistant at Best Western Plus Hollywood/Aventura, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2013

Dear Cowgrl323,

We really appreciate you taking the time to write this review. It is great to hear that the hotel suited your needs and that you were able to receive a great offer for your stay. I do apologize for the look of the hotel at the moment since we are trying to do a full renovation not just the rooms. We are trying to make it as easy as possible for the guests so that not many issues are encountered. If you did suffer from such contruction issues, once again I do apologize. We do hope that you are able to visit us once all renovations are complete and give us your opinion of the work.

Reviewed 4 May 2013

The location is bad, right next to a noisy highway. The building is old and the room smelled like stale smoke. The mini frige leaked. However, I wouldn't be writing this review if it weren't for the rudeness of Alicia at the front desk. I'll never stay at a Best Western again.

• Stayed: May 2013
3  Thank ChicagoKiki
bestwesternHallndale, Administrative Assistant at Best Western Plus Hollywood/Aventura, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2013

Dear ChicagoKiki,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review our property. I am very sorry for any incoveniences you encountered during your stay. We are doing renovations at the moment which will replace the windows in order to diminish the noise coming from the highway. As for the unprofessional manner of the front desk agent, we have spoken with her an taken the right measures with all of our front desk agents so that an incident such as this one does not occur again. We do hope that you can visit us again after renovations so we can redeem our name.

Reviewed 3 May 2013

Straight, I did not stay at this hotel at the end but the service I received from Alicia was outstanding. She was very helpful, kind, honest, available, polite, etc. This is the type of people every hotel should be striving to hire....at any cost.
Jacobo (Jake) Gheller

Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business

Dear Jacobo G,

We really appreciate the review you have written for our staff. I am glad to hear that Alicia provided excellent service for you and felt welcomed by her. I do apologize if there were any issues you encountered that prevented you from staying at the hotel. We do hope that if you did not stay because of the hotel that you will give us an opportunity to redeem ourselves. We are under renovations and expect to be done in July. Hopefully you can visit us after so that you can comment on the newly renovated rooms and lobby. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 2 May 2013

This place is just a dump. I actually checked out early. The staff was very nice but the hotel and rooms are old and you never get a clean feeling anywhere you walk. I actually felt the the area to be unsafe as well. Security in the hotel is not great. I usually travel for business and will go back to staying at the Sheridan a few exits north.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank Ejc413
bestwesternHallndale, Administrative Assistant at Best Western Plus Hollywood/Aventura, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2013

Dear Ejc413,

I really appreciate you taking the time to review the property. I am sorry that the inconveniences you faced amounted to you leaving the hotel early. We do have security come in at night to patrol the area so that guests can sleep soundly and we have never had any issues with the area. Our rooms are currently under renovations and and willl have a more modern look at the end. I do hope you give us a chance to redeem our name after renovations.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Hallandale Beach
Marenas Beach Resort
#2 of 10 in Sunny Isles Beach
Residence Inn by Marriott Miami Aventura Mall
AC Hotel by Marriott Miami Aventura

Been to Best Western Plus Hollywood/Aventura? Share your experiences!