“If budget is your #1 concern, this motel might be for you.”

Knights Inn Hallandale
Reviewed 26 February 2013

I knew by the price that this property would be average at best. I crossed my fingers and due largely to the online pictures took a risk and booked a room. I was pleasantly surprised. Our beding including the matress, sheets, and blanket were very new. The comforter was older, but clean and in good shape. The bathroom was clean, with a large supply of new spotless bath towels, hand towels, and wash cloths. The tub, sink, toilet, and floors thoughout the room were clean. I never expected a kitchenete with sink, microwave, dishes, and a full size refrig. The lady at the front desk was very friendly and professional.

The down side, the room needed a fresh coat of paint, if you use the kitchenete the cabinets have very little in the way of dishes & utensils (but hey, we weren't expecting a kitchenete). The breakfast was a joke, but the coffee was excellent, and I found an OK bowl of cereal and powdered donuts.

We stayed at this property the last day of a 10 day trip, our goal was just something affordable, clean, and close to Haulover Beach, I would stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 21 February 2013

We definitely understand that this was NOT a 5 star hotel; the advertised rates will tell you that and I was for warned, however taking cold showers is not my idea of a vacation no matter how cheap the rates are. Doors slamming, dogs barking and fire works at 1AM did not make for a restful stay.
I did write to the Manager & management company about my concerns but got no response.
Sad but true.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank Sandra S
Reviewed 17 February 2013

Poor place to stay. No hot water for my 2 day stay. They should just close there "free" breakfast" ! It's a real joke.The Pillows were bad, could not get them replaced untill the 2nd day. The area is safe. It took 2 weeks and never did talk to the manager but I did get a small credit on my card.

Room Tip: Ask for room on the first floor and near the pool.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Andy R
Reviewed 16 February 2013

deserves no rating...cannot believe wyndham has their name on this hotel. apparently they dont visit their hotels...pics on their website is a misrepresentation.
after being told by 3 couples what a dump it was we went to check it out as they are charging us anyway since we didn't cancel the day before,,,we were on a cruiseship and didn't know how bad it was..
paper in windows instead of curtains in some rooms, very small air conditioners in large windows..wall paper falling off walls, stench was unbelievable, people in rooms with doors open hooked up to medical apparatus as they were living there in not good condition...personally i wouldn't let my dog stay there...i have never seen a hotel in this shape in all our travels and wyndham says we have to pay for the night...

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank marm64
Reviewed 13 February 2013

Let me start by saying this is a good 39 dollar hotel. Oh wait, they actually charge over 100 dollars a night!

This place is a combination hotel and condo "resort". It might be a resort in a Third World country but certainly not here. As others have reported, there are residents here. Mostly European and Canadian as best I can determine. There are also some transients who wander about from time to time. I booked this hotel as the least expensive option while attending a conference at the beach. The location is convenient to the beach conference center and local eateries.

Arrived at 3:30pm (check in is 3) only to be told my room was not ready. Come back in 30 minutes. So I walked across the street to Starbucks to while away my time.

On my return three police cars were in the lot. Seemed there was some sort of disturbance. Oh great. In addition, at the counter a European vacationer wanted her money back as the lobby ice cream machine ate her dollar without delivering. The clerk told her to call the 800 number on the vending machine. When she persisted the clerk sent his associate to "shake" the machine.

Finally got checked in only to be told the AC was working all that well. Whatever. Found my room on the second floor overlooking the pool.

The room photographs well but in reality it is simple, spartan and cheap. You get a bed, table and 2 chairs, another chair, old style cable TV, and kitchenette. Interestingly, the need to walk through a huge closet to access the bathroom. A midsized fridge is in that space. Bathroom is bright and industrial. You get 2 thin bath towels, 1 each hand towel and washcloth. 1 bar of soap and shampoo. In the cupboards are a mishmash of plates and utensils. No dish detergent is provided. Despite that the room was clean - old and worn but clean.

For those who might need to touch up their clothes, there is no iron or ironing board either.

The advertised continental breakfast consists of packaged bagels, bread for toast, hard boiled eggs, little weinies (!?), Little Debbie Cake-type donuts, cookies, Fruit Loops and some other colorful cereal. And powdered creamer for coffee.

By day 2 the air conditioning was working up to speed and cooled things well. The bed was clean and comfortable. Shower offered hot water and decent pressure.

Check-out was awkward as the early morning clerk could not print a receipt. She said only the “boss” can do that. Instead she provided a copy of my signed check-in statement.

Bottom line: Looking for a convenient place with no amenities this might be satisfactory. In my case due to my schedule there, I left before 7am and returned after dark so basically I only slept and showered in the room.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Langley
Reviewed 27 January 2013

Last week our family rented a room at the Knights Inn in Hallandale, Florida. The first this we noticed when we walked was that the sheets were not changed. My mothers called the front desk and ask if she could get more sheets since the ones on the bed were dirty. The guy at the front started yelling at her saying that he is not give a any new sheets and the she would have to wait in the morning for housekeeping to give one. In addition , he said that if she didn’t like here that she leave but he is not refunding her the money. My mother was very upset and we had to go to Wal-Mart and buy new sheet for the bed because it was dirty and full of semen stains. In addition I found pubic hair in the beds and in the bathroom. There was not enough parking and the internet did not work. This is one dirtiest hotel I have ever stayed in. I will never rent another room from them ever again.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Amelia R
Reviewed 16 January 2013

Staff is nice and try to accommodate you.First room smelled bad, looked like it had seen better days, it lacked individual air conditioning and no TV service.A new room was provide without any problem the next morning that was an improvement.Major issue was nonworking central air conditioning for two days and it took two days to have TV operational
Forget the "free breakfast"it is kind to call it cheesy and cheap.Coffee was good.This is a residential place where rooms are rented out something that they don't say in the ads and parking can be a problem, Location is good.Pool was not one you wanted to lounge at.Major draw back was no WIFi in the rooms,You had to sit in the lobby which was gloomy and dark.If you are on a budget it is about $132 a night in season...as I said you get what you pay for and $132 is on the high side for what you get. . .

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Sandyroamer
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hallandale Beach
Hampton Inn Hallandale Beach/Aventura
Crowne Plaza Hollywood Beach
Best Western Plus Hollywood/Aventura
Days Hotel - Thunderbird Beach Resort
Days Hotel - Thunderbird Beach R...
#8 of 10 in Sunny Isles Beach
Ramada Hollywood Downtown
Ramada Hollywood Downtown
#34 of 71 in Hollywood
Residence Inn by Marriott Miami Aventura Mall

Been to Knights Inn Hallandale? Share your experiences!