A1 Value Inn
US$94
US$85
QualityInn
Holiday Inn Express Inverness(Lecanto)(Great Value!)
US$110
HIExpress.com
Central Motel(Inverness)(Great Value!)
US$80
US$76
Dinner Bell Motel(Dunnellon)(Great Value!)
US$72
Holiday Inn Express Crystal River(Crystal River)(Great Value!)
US$120
Hotels.com
Comfort Suites near Rainbow Springs(Dunnellon)(Great Value!)
US$99
US$89
ComfortSuites
Hampton Inn Crystal River(Crystal River)(Great Value!)
US$143
Plantation on Crystal River(Crystal River)(Great Value!)
US$160
US$116
AscendHotels
US$85
US$82
Hotwire.com
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 24 February 2013

No "continental breakfast" ~ no coffee in the lobby, no coffee pot in the room, no fridge or microwave, no "hot plate", no "desk with chair, the "heated pool" is empty, no "hairdryer", no "razors", no housekeeping, no clean towels, no clean sheets, no doors on the closet, no hangers. Missing 1 of the 2 doors on the bathroom cabinet. Bathroom filthy, room filthy. Broken plastic blinds, that offer a view of the room, so no privacy. Worn recliner chair in room broken. No hot water for a week. No answers to phone calls, attempts to contact the manager go unanswered. Cash only and no credit cards accepted and no receipts provided. Rates change at the managers whim Parking lot is dark. My concern is an out of state owner that may not be aware of the problems.

Room Tip: Photos will be provided.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 January 2013

Sometimes I read reviews about people who go to a motel, and find it so disgusting that they left and went to another place for the night. When I read these reviews, I think these people are snobs, used to too much luxury.
However, after being at this property for about 15 minutes, I understand where they are coming from.
We booked this place through priceline for about $50, pretty expensive for a 1-star motel, but it was the cheapest in the area. When we arrived there very late, we should've known something was wrong, as there was not a single car parked in front of the motel. When I wanted to check in, a woman who looked like a homeless person got out of one of the motel rooms in her pyjamas and proceeded to check me in. She then went to show me the room, after trying out about 20 keys on the big keychain before she found the right key for our room. We unpacked our car and got into the room.
The toilet was completely brown, but we figured that's alright; it's just old and we only have to spend a couple of hours sleeping here. Then came the insects, first it was woodlouses, which seemed to be everywhere. Then came the sheets, which looked like they hadn't been washed in the 21st century, after being underwater in the swamp for the complete 20th century. Then finally, after we decided we would still try to sleep here, we saw a cockroach. This made us decide we would not sleep here after all.

In conclusion, do not trust the last couple of reviews here, I can assure you: the place has not come under new management, the rooms were not clean,the beds are not "very cozy", I would not recommend it to my friends or family (or even enemies). I've been on a road trip around the US for 5 months, spending a night in about 100 different motels, and this is the only one I've had to leave.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Eline t
Reviewed 25 September 2012

my friends and i visited florida from st.louis back just a few weeks ago and i have to say that the place was very cleaned up the rooms were clean, the beds were very cozy and comfortable rooms we were made to fill right at home ....we were informed its under new management and they were working hard to make it a much better place but in my opinion it was a great place to stay the staff was very friendly and when i needed something they were quick to respond to help me out i will be back there for spring break and will stay with them again thanks for everything

Room Tip: this place was a great place to stay out of this hotel and citrus hill i will no doubt pick this one its so much better
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 September 2012

come to florida on family vacation and stayed here kids had a great time loved the pool and fact that it is located across the rd from a lake and like 30 mins down rd from the beech the staff was very friendly and helpful the beds were very cozy best rest i had in a long time rooms were clean and prices were great lowest price i found in the area at night it was very quite and peaceful plus they are pet friendly i would with out a doubt recommend this place to my friends and family and when i go back next year ill be staying at value inn of hernando go check them out yourself im sure you wont be disappointed they also are just right next door to a gas station on either side and a couple places to get hot food so great location all the way around

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 September 2012

I stayed at A1 Value Inn in Sept. The rooms are clean the staff is nice. I understand that they are doing some renovations but the rooms were still clean and comfortable. I will be staying on my next trip to florida thanks so much for the great room hope to see you again soon!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business