“Exciting, beautiful and interesting!!”

Mack's Fish Camp - Tours
Ranked #1 of 20 things to do in Hialeah
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Everglades Airboat Tours, Private Airboat Tours, Thrill Rides, Bass Fishing, Guide Service, Cabins, Alligator, Wildlife, 5 Generation Gladesmen Family Business in the Everglades.
Reviewed 4 August 2014

Yesterday I had an airboat tour with my family at Mack's fish camp. I can say by now that it was one of the most wonderful experiences i have made in my entire life and definetely the highlight of our holiday.
Marshall who was our guide was amazing: he explained everything from plants and flowers to animals and their habitat, he answered all our questions and gave very interesting information about the everglades, its bio-system and its history. It is really obvious how well he knows the nature around his home, as his family has lived there for over 80 years,
Marshall also let me and my dad ride the airboat which was a lot of fun. We saw different wildlife and could also get into the water at the "glory hole".
As some other reviewers already said, this was an AUTHENTIC everglades tour! I was impressed by the way the family lives in harmony with nature and I had such a great time, away from the usual rush, common in the US. I wish only the best to the family and recommend this tour to everybody who loves nature, who is truly interested in making a great and non-typical, non-commercial experience in the everglades!!

All reviews
in 10 reviews
in 9 reviews
in 6 reviews

Reviewed 21 July 2014

This is the ONLY authentic Everglades experience! Marshall and Nicole, from the time you arrive, make you feel like apart of their historic and meaningful family. I have been there many times and have brought friends and family there to take in the many unknown features of the Everglades. Thank you for the great tours and memories every time I turn off Krome Ave. and head to Macks Fish Camp!!!

1  Thank TheKings01
Reviewed 30 June 2014

My girlfriend and I have been wanting to take an everglades fanboat tour for some time now and decided to go ahead and do it this year. We decided to go to Mack's based on a recommendation from a ship captain in Key Largo who said "if you want a real authentic everglades fanboat tour, the only place to go is Mack's." That statement couldn't have been any more true. Immediately upon meeting the owner and our soon to be tour guide, Marshall, we knew we made the right decision.
They had smaller, more comfortable fan boats and Marshall made sure that our tour was completely personalized. And by personalized, I mean that we got to stop whenever we wanted to and even got closer looks at wildlife anytime we wanted. This is something that you won't get on any other fanboat tour. Other tours just bus people in like ants and follow a short preset course and operate by the clock.
Another great thing about his tours are that you see the wildlife in it's natural habitat which is truly amazing. Big boat commercial tours will show you wildlife, but it will feel like a zoo where the animals are used to seeing and being fed by people.
Marshall is clearly passionate about what he does and has to be the most knowledgeable person on everglades wildlife out there. If we had a question, he had an answer. This tour will take you on a journey out into the everglades that you will never forget. You pay a little bit more for the tour, but man is it worth every penny. He's not out there pushing you into his gift shop to buy a bunch of crap either. Instead, he'll offer you sunscreen and water.
Needless to say I will be returning in the future for one of his fishing trips!

P.S.- He even gave me a chance to drive the fanboat! Who else does that?!

Reviewed 28 June 2014

Awesome time had by all, would definitely go back!!! The tour guide/owner Marshall is very knowledgeable and allows for a great time to be had by all!!! I would recommend this airboat ride for everyone young and old.