“Good Cuban lunch”

Ranked #12 of 344 Restaurants in Hialeah
Bayside, New York
“Good Cuban lunch”
Reviewed 10 July 2014 via mobile

I was treated extremely well. The waitress was very sweet. The Cuban sand which was very good. Not a glamour place just good Cuban food.

Katy, TX
“Okay Cuban Food”
Reviewed 3 July 2012

This place was okay - service and food weren't great. We'd never been here before so weren't exactly sure what to do when we arrived (I hate not being greeted and told to either wait or go ahead and find a table) and the wait staff wasn't all that helpful. We speak Spanish so it wasn't a language barrier. We had to ask for menus after we looked at the place mat menus and were surprised at how limited they were. Once we received the actual menus, we ordered Cuban sandwiches and chicken with rice and beans. The food was okay - nothing to rave about. We wanted to try the shakes after our meal and asked what flavors there were. When "guanabana" was mentioned, I asked what that was. I was told, "Guanabana es una fruta." Really? Well that clears things up. I ordered that one because, jeesh, who could resist a sell like that? It was a cross between a light coconut flavor and a banana. My daughter's was the best - cafe. We wouldn't go back again so this place gets an average review from me.

• Visited June 2012
“Royal fare - it ain't!”
Reviewed 9 April 2012

Mediocre Cuban food at best. Dull, uninteresting decor. Food is fair but portions are small for the price.

There are plenty of other places nearby with similar fare, but better food. Try latin Cafe 2000 on the corner of 49th and 12th - just a few blocks down.

Miami, Florida
“Fair quality and very good price”
Reviewed 30 December 2010

Breakfast is ok
Dinner has been consistently good; however, last time I ordered the congri they game me and my wife la raspa and it was hard. If I was to judge Morro Castle based on my last visit I would have not returned.
I strongly recommend the special on Thursday which is bistec en cazuela (steak casserole), the sauce is the best and it blends perfectly with black beans and white rice.
Just my humble two cents.
The price is the best part.

Hialeah
“My Favote Place”
Reviewed 24 November 2009

I really LOVED this Place been visiting here since I was a young child. My parents would love eating here. They make the BEST shakes ever and the BEST Sandwishes. They bring back so many memories!!