“Fantastic hotel”

Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Hialeah
Sosua, Dominican Republic
“Fantastic hotel”
Reviewed 25 November 2011

I booked rooms at this hotel for 19th November >> and was surprised at just how excellent it was for the price. It was very clean, the beds were pillowtop mattresses that were very comfortable and the overall service was outstanding. They have worked very hard with all their improvements and the hotel has been completelly revamped. They are continuing to improve and I noticed they were working to provide some sort of garden area to the rear.
Their Manager Armando takes a personal interest in every guest and I am stunned reading some of these negative reviews. Incredible and just not true.
I am very fussy and have travelled and worked in many countries and seen some dreadful hotels, but I can assure you there are no insects or bugs in this hotel. The rooms were spotless! Seems to me the competitors are posting these untruthful spiteful reviews. I would never be dishonest and recommend a hotel which would be uncomfortable to others. But I can highly recommend this hotel and the price is great for what they offer. The airport shuttle is fast and reliable, the best so far from any hotel!

Thank you Armando and all the staff for making our stay so comfortable and pleasant.!!!!!
My only recommendation to you would be to put up signs asking guests to be respectful of other guests and be quiet in the corridors, as a couple spoilt the peace and quiet by them and their children being allowed to run up and down the corridors. This was quickly stopped by hotel staff at about midnight when a few of us complained.

I was so impressed by this Manager Armando responding to EVERY review and comments on all sites and taking any necessary action, that I introduced myself after my arrival. This convinced us to stay there and we are glad we did!

I would suggest that it might be better if your check in time could be made earlier from 3pm, say 1pm, as travellers like ourselves are sometimes very tired and this long delay to checkin is a bit tiring, although once the clock hit 3pm, your excellent check in staff got everyone into their rooms very fast. Maybe make your check out time a bit earlier to assist with housekeeping.

Best of luck to you with your hotel and its continuing improvements, what you have done so far is outstanding and that is a tirbute to you and your staff.
Barbara Candido

Room Tip: It speaks a lot for the excellence of this hotel that the Manager reads and responds to every review...
4 Thank B C
armando h, General Manager at Ramada Hialeah/Miami Airport, responded to this review, 28 November 2011
Dear Guest

I'm truly humble by your review and kind words in regards to your recent stay. I will share this with the team and it's through guest as yourself that inspires us to deliver EXCELLENT service to everyone that stay at the Ramada Miami.

Armando /GM

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (149)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
new brunswick
Reviewed 23 November 2011

I was apprehensive about this hotel after a bad experience at another hotel in Miami in 2010.
From the time we were picked up at the airport to our drive to the Port of Miami, we were nothing but pleased with our experience. These people would bend over backwards for their customers. They are in the middle of renovations, new carpet in hallways, rooms were clean, restaurant was nice, food good. Would definately stay again.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank hmmcdade
armando h, General Manager at Ramada Hialeah/Miami Airport, responded to this review, 25 November 2011
Dear Guest

It's our goal to provide EXCELLENT service to all of our guests. I want to thank you for your possitive comments during your recent stay with us. I will pass this on to the transportation team and thank you for your business.

Armando / GM
Alberta, Canada
Reviewed 20 November 2011

I am writing this review with hindsight vision of 20/20. I stayed at this hotel immediately following an emergency that required me to leave a cruise in St. Kitts and fly to Miami Sick Childrens hospital in Miami. I was basically stranded in Miami for 3 nights until the rest of my family returned via the ship my granddaughter and I had to leave due to illness.

Upon arrival in literally the middle of the night I found the check in host to be non responsive and slow even though I had a sick toddler in tow. Albeit, his attitude and demeanor did improve after conversing politely with him. We were given a large room, that was adequately clean, although, definate room for improvement. eg, the garbage bags gave way to see previous guests refuge, a bit gross in my opinion and left me wondering about the overall cleanliness. Also, the carpets looked newer but found our socks blackened by merely walking on the carpets. Although, I am very particular it was still livable overall. These were my 2 noticable complaints about cleanliness. The room itself was adequately appointed and the bed was large and clean of any bugs or debris. Slept well. The safe was not too comforting as it swiveled from apparent abuse previously and was not completely confident leaving my valuables in there. I actually preferred to carry them when strolling around the area.

The area itself is a little lack lustre but after strolling around in daylight, I can with confidence say I would stay here again. The mall was across the street and the grocery and pharmacy were only a two block walk away. Very convenient and did not feel trapped in room at all as a result. I met very nice people in area that directed me to the nearest grocery stores and pharmacy.

My issue that had me leave this hotel was the lack of a mini fridge that was promised upon my arrival. I phoned the front desk and informed him of the missing fridge and he was surprised., but said he would make a note of it. The next day after a good nights rest I went to the front desk and asked if they could please place the fridge in room while I was away getting some groceries for toddler. Upon my return, a couple hours later, I was surprised to still find no fridge. I went to front desk many times and called repeatedly and most often phone was not answered so would have to go back down in person with baby sleeping in tow to ask again. The hotel was very busy and the front desk employees were pleasant. They did call housekeeping several times, but still no crib or mini fridge. Eventually, got a response it would cost an additional $10 for mini fridge and another $10 for the baby crib I requested too. I did not have a baby crib upon my arrival as I was informed they were all locked up. I was a little disappointed but was very tired from travelling with sick child and was just happy to have a clean bed to sleep in. Would deal with that in the am. Anyways, really ticked at request for $20 additional dollars for hotel I am already paying $89 before tax that was mediocre. So I found another hotel to stay at. At this point the management approached me and were very genuine and offered me the fridge and crib immediately and at no charge. They were very apologetic and empathetic towards me. I , however, had already found another room and made the decision to leave. I was overtired and overwhelmed by my entire experience and just wanted a fresh start. The management at the Ramada were very accommodating and they actually did not charge me for my 1 night stay and actually had the shuttle driver escort me to my newly booked hotel a decent distance away for no charge. This customer experience tells me if I am in Miami and in need of a hotel in the area I would give this Ramada a second chance.

Hindsight is 20/20 as I stated as I checked into the new hotel The Hilton Homewood suites 5500 Blue Lagoon Drive had bed bugs. I learned this at 1 am and never got any sleep and ended up changing hotels at 4am. Terrible decision in hindsight and I regretted leaving the Ramada in the end. Bed was clean and no bugs in sight. The idea of a hotel is to sleep and that is at least what I got from the Ramada, can't say the same for the Hilton Homewood Suites.

Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank travelingraysgirl1
Miami, Florida, USA
Reviewed 9 November 2011

Recently had a retreat/meeting here including 4 rooms in their building on the south end of their property. The property is under renovation. The south building seems to be complete with paint and new carpet. The pool is under construction and completely filled in at the moment. Management said they have an agreement with the Howard Johnson near by. Which we used with no problems. This hotel is located across from a mall, near several large store strip malls and they offer shuttles to the nearest Walmart. None of which I support but it may be helpful for other travelers. Instead seek out the locally owned stores and restaurants. Even our local fast food favorite- Pollo Tropical is only 4 blocks to the east.

Room Tip: Currently ask for the south building but ask to be further from the elevators.
1 Thank DuffelBag
armando h, General Manager at Ramada Hialeah/Miami Airport, responded to this review, 11 November 2011
Dear Guest,

I'm happy to see that you and your group had an EXCELLENT stay with us. Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us and we will utilize your comments to recognized our team members and services. We look forward to your return visit to our area.

Armando / GM
Sao Paulo, SP
Reviewed 7 November 2011

Wonderful staff, clean rooms, great location!!!! I´m returning in two weeks time and every time I´m in Miami I´ll stay at this hotel. Thank you for everything!

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank amaguimar
Barbados
Reviewed 6 November 2011

This is a 3 star hotel with 5 star service!! The staff are very friendly and go all out to ensure that your needs are met. The Bus drivers are so fantastic and will take you and collect you from Target and Walmart at any time!!! And Evelyn in the Bar ensures that all her guests are having great time!! You won't find a flat screen TV in the room but everything else is as good as it gets!!!

1 Thank BarbadosTreasure
Province of San Jose, Costa Rica
Reviewed 2 November 2011

This hotel is really simple.
Small, clean rooms, but you can sleep there with no problem. They offer free parking.
It has a great location for shopping, everything you might want is near this hotel.
Nothing fancy, but practical.
Great staff and service.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank drpjgs
armando h, General Manager at Ramada Hialeah/Miami Airport, responded to this review, 3 November 2011
Dear Guest - Thank you for taking time out of your schedule to recognized the staff during your stay with us. Please know that your feedback is extremely important to us. We will continue to focus on making each and every guest experience EXCELLENT.

Warm Regards,

Armando Hernandez / GM
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hialeah
Ramada Miami Springs/Miami International Airport
Holiday Inn Express Miami-Hialeah (Miami Lakes)
Holiday Inn Miami West - Airport Area
Regency Hotel Miami
Regency Hotel Miami
#36 of 123 in Miami
Clarion Inn  & Suites Miami Airport
Clarion Inn & Suites Miami Airp...
#10 of 16 in Miami Springs
Quality Inn Miami Airport

Been to Ramada Hialeah/Miami Airport? Share your experiences!