“Somethings need to improve”

Ramada Hialeah/Miami Airport
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Hialeah

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (144)
  • Korean first
Mexico City
Reviewed 26 October 2013

The first thing you think when you book an "airport hotel" is: ok, in five minutes I will be taking a shower and resting in a comfortable bed.
This hotel has a main issue: is located around 30 min from the airport.

I also was unlucky because i had to wait the shuttle for 45 minutes. And when the shuttle was leaving the airport, the driver came back to pick up another passenger.
Finally, it took me 1h 30 min to get to my room.

The rest of the stay was fine. The rooms are ok and the pool is perfect.

Just think twice if you are gonna wait so long to get an "aiport hotel"

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Armando H, General Manager at Ramada Hialeah/Miami Airport, responded to this review, 31 October 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to share your review with Trip Advisor. I apologies that our shuttle service didn't meet your expectations and the inconvenience you experienced getting to the hotel. I will meet with the transportation team and share your feedback with them. Please know that your comments are important to us and we value our guests feedback.

Barbados
Reviewed 22 October 2013

Generally a good stay, the main issues I had were:
The air freshener used in general areas were a bit too much
The water in the shower was settling as I bathed and the shower was had black scuff marks in the base
Had issues with the noise in the corridor from the other guests at all hours will trying to sleep.
The windows in the room could not be opened.
Apart from that the staff on a whole were very friendly, approachable and helpful. Great location for shopping, within walking distance to many shopping areas.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Ramada

Armando H, General Manager at Ramada Hialeah/Miami Airport, responded to this review, 24 October 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to share your review with Trip Advisor Please except my sincerer apologies for the issues that you experienced during your recent stay. Please know that your comments are important to us and I will follow up with my team and share this with them. I was happy to hear that our service team was friendly and approachable.

We thank you for your business.

Miami, Florida
Reviewed 21 October 2013

Due to unexpected home repairs, we needed to find an alternate place to sleep for a couple of nights. My wife got a good rate on a website, and being only 3 miles away from home, this was the perfect location. When reviewing places I try to be fair and if by any chance I am not satisfied, I always try to address the issue with customer service.
The first night we were assigned to a room that can use further repair. (Room door had to be slammed or pushed hard in order to close, bathtub would drain very slowly, and the bathroom did not have a vanity or place to put things (I believe this room was wheel chair friendly; therefore, the bathroom had to have extra space). My wife was not happy but we were tired and since she had to go to work early the next morning, we did not request a room change that night.
The next morning I went to customer service and requested a room change. The two young ladies at the front desk were very helpful. I can say this has been the best customer service experience I've had in a long time. I hope hotel management reads this review and takes notice of (Claudia and Cinthia's outstanding customer service skills).
As far as my new room.......well......What a difference! Everything worked perfect, the room was clean, and the bed very comfortable.
Bottomline: Clean and comfortable bed, decent availability of tv channels, close proximity to shopping mall, restaurants, and the Palmetto expressway, and pretty good rom rates, makes this a good choice.

Room Tip: Internet wifi has poor signal strenght in the first floor towards the front.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Armando H, General Manager at Ramada Hialeah/Miami Airport, responded to this review, 22 October 2013
Dear guest

Thank you for posting your review with Trip Advisor. I'm pleased to read that Claudia & Cynthia were able to exceed your expectorations during your recent stay. Our ultimate goal is to provide excellent service to each and every guest we serve.

Thank you for your business and hope to see you again soon.

Barbados
Reviewed 21 October 2013

the place is border line alright.. looks a bit tired.
The rooms were ok. A bit stuffy but if you beg hard enough youl get it vacuumed out.
it would have been great if the internet worked in the rooms.
No such luck. It barely worked in the lobby.
You would think they would get things like this right.
Staff was courteous and helpful at all times. I guess its not their fault the internet didnt work properly.

Room Tip: Bottom floor rooms by lobby are good!
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. I truly apologies for the inconvenience that you experienced with the internet during your recent stay. I have address the issue with our provider and it has been corrected. I'm happy to hear that the staff was friendly and courteous as they were trying to resolve the issue. Please know that we value our guests feedback and utilize this to continue to improve our best practices.

thank you for your business.

Armando
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hialeah
Holiday Inn Express Miami-Hialeah (Miami Lakes)
Ramada Miami Springs/Miami International Airport
Holiday Inn Miami West - Airport Area
Quality Inn Miami Airport
Sheraton Miami Airport Hotel & Executive Meeting Center
Clarion Inn  & Suites Miami Airport
Clarion Inn & Suites Miami Airp...
#10 of 16 in Miami Springs

Been to Ramada Hialeah/Miami Airport? Share your experiences!