We stayed here in late January/14 for 1 night before our cruise. We flew in to Miami airport and proceeded to baggage then out to the drive-thru to vehemently search for the elusive white van that said Ramada on it. This was a pain - wondering if this vehicle existed, wondering if it just passed you, trying not to get hit while dodging all the other pick-up vehicles that park right in front of you as you are scanning. Huge buses were the worst, grabbing your bags to find a new spot just as you found an untouched perch. Apparently it cruises this area frequently looking for people jumping out at it like hungry Tigers, but after half hour we finally called and were told "oh he is heading your way right now" which was correct because just as I hung up I noticed in the distance the 40th white van, but this one said Ramada on it. I jumped out, flagged him down and went for my bags, but just as I turned around the driver was getting out with an apologetic look on his face" Sorry I am full" he said, wow lunchbag letdown. He was nice enough to even stop as he already had 9 passengers and bags in the vehicle, he was very apologetic and explained that it would only be 10 minutes for his partner in another white van "I promise only be 10 minutes." We were not happy! but what are you going to do? We waited. Finally after 20 minutes we called back and were told he would be right there. 10 minutes later he arrived, empty. We were happy.
I do feel that they should know when they are going to be busy as they ask you what time you will be there upon booking. Do not count on them telling you every half hour or whatever the deal is that they tell you, just keep searching, it is a terrible way to greet your shuttle, but it looked like most hotel shuttles handle this the same way. Maybe have more vans if all passengers are arriving at the same time. Anyways both drivers were nice and after chatting with them the next day they continued to say how sorry they were.
Checking in was a breeze, but I do recommend that if you have lots of bags or mobility issues you should ask for a room in the closest building as it is a big place area wise. Elevators are slow, slow, slow for only 3 floors and the maids are constantly in them.
Rooms are very tired and some I would not stay in for more than 1 night( well I probably would not stay in this hotel for any reason other than pre-cruise. My sister was in a room that she would not shower in.
Breakfast was OK for 7 $ and Kids eat free. Shuttle to cruiseport was great considering you really are a long way from the port. I think the only reason people stay here is because of the free cruise shuttle, you can't beat that for the price you are paying in Miami.
You must remember to check for any other major city events going on when you are in Miami. Us and the other 15,000 cruisers were infuriated to find out that upon debarkation at the port there would be no taxis, private cars, buses, no vehicles of any kind could get into the port due to the traffic created by MIAMI hosting the Miami Marathon on Sunday morning. They shut down all main roads and the bridge for a bit. It took until 11am until you saw the first taxi trickle in. I could not believe the disrespect this city has for cruisers, 5 cruise ships full of people sitting on their luggage waiting for rides, it was ridiculous. So please check to see if anything else is happening the days you will be in the port, a lot of people missed flights and I am sure a few embarkers missed their cruise. The taxi and bus drivers were just as mad as they say this happens every year due to the Marathon. Taxis ask you to e-mail the city or mayor and try to correct this major inconvenience.
Pool looked god but it was too chili to swim, good sunbathing thou.
All in all my review is in the TITLE great for 1 night.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of South Florida's Shopper's Paradise, the Ramada Miami Airport North is within walking distance of many retail stores and restaurants.We are approximately 10 miles from the Miami International airport, away from the typical congestion and noise of an airport hotel. Free airport pickup and delivery is available from 6 am to 9 pm daily.Few Miami airport hotels offer a better location than the Ramada Airport North. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Ramada Hialeah/Miami Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ramada Inn Miami Airport North Hotel Hialeah
- Ramada Inn Hialeah
- Ramada Miami Airport North
- Ramada Hialeah/Miami Airport Florida