“Great Overnight for Cruisers-That's it”

Ramada Hialeah/Miami Airport
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Hialeah
Reviewed 18 March 2014

We stayed here in late January/14 for 1 night before our cruise. We flew in to Miami airport and proceeded to baggage then out to the drive-thru to vehemently search for the elusive white van that said Ramada on it. This was a pain - wondering if this vehicle existed, wondering if it just passed you, trying not to get hit while dodging all the other pick-up vehicles that park right in front of you as you are scanning. Huge buses were the worst, grabbing your bags to find a new spot just as you found an untouched perch. Apparently it cruises this area frequently looking for people jumping out at it like hungry Tigers, but after half hour we finally called and were told "oh he is heading your way right now" which was correct because just as I hung up I noticed in the distance the 40th white van, but this one said Ramada on it. I jumped out, flagged him down and went for my bags, but just as I turned around the driver was getting out with an apologetic look on his face" Sorry I am full" he said, wow lunchbag letdown. He was nice enough to even stop as he already had 9 passengers and bags in the vehicle, he was very apologetic and explained that it would only be 10 minutes for his partner in another white van "I promise only be 10 minutes." We were not happy! but what are you going to do? We waited. Finally after 20 minutes we called back and were told he would be right there. 10 minutes later he arrived, empty. We were happy.
I do feel that they should know when they are going to be busy as they ask you what time you will be there upon booking. Do not count on them telling you every half hour or whatever the deal is that they tell you, just keep searching, it is a terrible way to greet your shuttle, but it looked like most hotel shuttles handle this the same way. Maybe have more vans if all passengers are arriving at the same time. Anyways both drivers were nice and after chatting with them the next day they continued to say how sorry they were.
Checking in was a breeze, but I do recommend that if you have lots of bags or mobility issues you should ask for a room in the closest building as it is a big place area wise. Elevators are slow, slow, slow for only 3 floors and the maids are constantly in them.
Rooms are very tired and some I would not stay in for more than 1 night( well I probably would not stay in this hotel for any reason other than pre-cruise. My sister was in a room that she would not shower in.
Breakfast was OK for 7 $ and Kids eat free. Shuttle to cruiseport was great considering you really are a long way from the port. I think the only reason people stay here is because of the free cruise shuttle, you can't beat that for the price you are paying in Miami.
You must remember to check for any other major city events going on when you are in Miami. Us and the other 15,000 cruisers were infuriated to find out that upon debarkation at the port there would be no taxis, private cars, buses, no vehicles of any kind could get into the port due to the traffic created by MIAMI hosting the Miami Marathon on Sunday morning. They shut down all main roads and the bridge for a bit. It took until 11am until you saw the first taxi trickle in. I could not believe the disrespect this city has for cruisers, 5 cruise ships full of people sitting on their luggage waiting for rides, it was ridiculous. So please check to see if anything else is happening the days you will be in the port, a lot of people missed flights and I am sure a few embarkers missed their cruise. The taxi and bus drivers were just as mad as they say this happens every year due to the Marathon. Taxis ask you to e-mail the city or mayor and try to correct this major inconvenience.
Pool looked god but it was too chili to swim, good sunbathing thou.
All in all my review is in the TITLE great for 1 night.

Room Tip: Long walk to most rooms unless at the front by the reception, apparently there is 2 buildings so I w...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Armando H, General Manager at Ramada Hialeah/Miami Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2014

Dear Jakd4

Thank you for your review. I'm happy to hear that your check in was a breeze, however, I'm disappointed that we were not able to exceed your expectations with our shuttle service. We recently purchased a 4th bus to increase our pick ups and service at MIA.

Please know that your comments are very important to us and I will share this with out transportation team.

There are newer reviews for Ramada Hialeah/Miami Airport

Reviewed 16 March 2014

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Carlos L
Armando H, General Manager at Ramada Hialeah/Miami Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2014

Reviewed 16 March 2014

It is an older hotel but it was clean. Biggest problem was that the sports bar was not open at 930 on a Friday night. There was plenty of places to walk to but for the number of guests this is a HUGE opportunity loss.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

Dear Guest

Thank you for your review. I'm happy to hear that your room was clean and the shuttle service was the best, However I'm disappointed that our lounge closed at 930pm. I will look into this and address with urgency.

Reviewed 14 March 2014

We booked this place for pre-cruising and post cruising. We did appreciate the free shuttle service from the airport and to the cruise, which is what sold us initially. However, when we arrived late that evening there were no options to dine close by, the hotel resturant was closed (9pm) and all the fliers they stick under your door (there was about 7) for food services none of them answered when we called them. Thus we had to eat in a bar. The room was very gross. Pipes exposed in the room, old, outdated. However, the bathrooms were very nice and remolded.
After our cruise, they do not have a shuttle, so we paid a taxi trip of about $50 to get back to the hotel. The concierge was VERY VERY frustrating, as he was non-helpful, and could hardly speak any English! We were inquiring about some nice resturants or things to do in the area. His response was "we take a shuttle to walmart and the grocery store around 1pm, and there is a Chillies at the mall down the street". Who wants to go to walmart when they are on vacation?!?! We looked around the mall and it was nice and walked several blocks around the area and found retail stores; however, the locations is AWFUL! We took a cab to CoCo beach and miami beach which was much more fun but then again costed about $50.00 each way. We ended up spending over $300 in cab fees just maneuver around the city to find fun "vacation" like things to do.
If you are looking for cheap.... THIS is the perfect hotel for you, but don't expect anything else.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to share your review. I'm extremely disappointed by the lack of service we provide during your recent visit. We are located on famous 49th street where there are over twenty restaurants and shops to chose from. Our concierge team are all bilingual and are very familiar with our surroundings. I will meet with them and review your comments to learn what happen and prevent this from occurring again. Our ultimate goal is to provide excellent service to each and every guest we serve.

Reviewed 12 March 2014

Armando,returning cruise guests to your hotel after the cruise,are off the ship at 8:30 am,take a taxi to your hotel and are told by the front desk that their rooms wont be ready until 3pm..even though most rooms are cleaned and ready by noon,all they say is "even though we have some rooms ready,POLICY is that no guests get to have their room until 3pm...really Armando?..So we wait in the lobby for 6-7 hours?...even though there are cleaned rooms ready?...please EXPLAIN POLICY instead of saying its just policy!!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Barbara B
Armando H, General Manager at Ramada Hialeah/Miami Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for your review. I'm very disappointed with the inconvenience you experienced on your return trip to the hotel. Our policy is once the room is cleaned & inspected we release and assign the room immediately. I will speak to my front office team and re-enforce our policy, as our overall goal is to provide excellent service to each and every guest we serve.

Reviewed 11 March 2014

We were takin back the smell of the place. Could not wait to leave. Staff was rude, rooms were some of the worse we have stayed in. Would of spent double to stay somewhere else. Only there for 6 hours and THAT WAS TO MUCH.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family

Dear Guest

Thank you for your review. I apologies that we were not able to meet your standards during your recent visit. Please know that your comments are important to us and I will utilize your feedback to continue to improve our hotel.

Reviewed 10 March 2014

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Samantha E
Armando H, General Manager at Ramada Hialeah/Miami Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2014

Also consider these accommodations in or near Hialeah
Ramada Miami Springs/Miami International Airport
Holiday Inn Express Miami-Hialeah (Miami Lakes)
Holiday Inn Miami West - Airport Area
Regency Hotel Miami
Regency Hotel Miami
#38 of 124 in Miami
Hilton Garden Inn Miami Airport West
Sleep Inn at Miami International Airport

Been to Ramada Hialeah/Miami Airport? Share your experiences!