“I Wish I Could Have Stayed at the Airport for the Night”

Ramada Hialeah/Miami Airport
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Hialeah
Dover, Delaware
“I Wish I Could Have Stayed at the Airport for the Night”
Reviewed 16 April 2014

I gave the hotel 1 star because of the very pleasant young lady at the reception desk when I checked in. I wish I had gotten her name because she was so nice. Now the real deal. When me and my sister entered the hotel it smelled musty with disinfectant to try to mask the odor. I was given a room in the second building, yes the hotel had the nerve to have 2 buildings. As we were walking thru the first floor to go to the second building, you can see the exposed pipes in the ceiling like you would see in a basement. The exposed pipes were on every floor in the hallway. The carpet was filthy in the corridor as well in our room. There was mold on the drapes. The bathroom was so what clean but had rust stains on back of the door. I did not sleep in the bed with my pajamas but I slept with my clothes on. When I put my head on the pillow I noticed a smell like sputum which made me gag. So that meant that the pillowcases were not changed so I would assumed the linens were not changed.That did it for me. Thank God I had an early flight the next morning. I am very surprised that The Ramada chain would have a property such as this one. BE AWARE STAY AWAY FROM THIS HOTEL.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Cynthia C
Armando H, General Manager at Ramada Hialeah/Miami Airport, responded to this review, 16 April 2014
Dear Cynthia C

Thank you for taking the time to share your review. I'm very disappointed with all the issues that you experienced with your room and I apologize. This is unacceptable as we pride ourselves on providing clean rooms. Please know that your feedback is important to us and I will address/review this with the operation team with urgency. Our ultimate goal is to provide excellent service to each and every guest we serve.

Thank you for your business.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (147)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
Dunellen, New Jersey
Reviewed 12 April 2014

I called the hotel to verify the procedure for the shuttle service from the airport to the hotel. I was told to wait at the shuttle pick up area and that the shuttle made regular rounds at the airport and no further action was required. After waiting 40 minutes and seeing several other hotel shuttles make multiple passes we called the hotel and were advised we would be picked up in 10 to 15 minutes. The shuttle arrived 30 minutes later. There was no water working when we arrived (they said it was due to a broken pipe) while this may be an unforeseeable event we were offered no bottled water or other amenity for this inconvenience. The room assigned on my return trip had a bad odor and was in a back building requiring me to walk out a back door the staff used as a smoking area and through a parking lot alone. The hallways were dark, the ice machine, soda and snack machines didn’t work and the HVAC unit was so loud I could hardly sleep. A housekeeper tried to enter my room without knocking or announcing herself, causing me great alarm. The hotel restaurant (Tropicana) staff added a gratuity to my bill with no notation they were doing so on the menu and "rounded up" the change giving me change for an $11 tab when my tab was $10.50 further adding to the "gratuity". On the first night I dined with other guests and none of our drink or food orders were correct but we were billed for an undeserved gratuity, my second meal was just for one person and again the gratuity was added to the bill (based on the after tax total).

Room Tip: Not sure there are any good rooms but the main building was somewhat better than the "B" b...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Bonnie H
Armando H, General Manager at Ramada Hialeah/Miami Airport, responded to this review, 14 April 2014
Dear Bonnie H

thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to share your review. Please except my apologies for the horrible experience you encounter. This is not acceptable as we pride ourselves on providing excellent clean rooms and exceeding our guest expectations. Please know that we value our guest feedback and I will address all these issues with the operation team.

Once again I sincerely apologies and safe travels
La Paz, Bolivia
Reviewed 12 April 2014

If you don't want any tourism only business, this hotel could be a good option. Good things: 1) efficient personal; 2) clean rooms; 3) near a relative good mall; 4) good parking spots. Not too good things: 1) sometimes the personal is efficient and a kind of rude; 2) the beds are not too much comfortable; 3) no mini bar.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Dear mmedinaceli

Thank you for your review. I'm happy to read that your room was clean and the team was very friendly. We value our guest feedback and I will look into the recommendations that you have mentioned. Our ultimate goal is to provide excellent service to each and every guest we serve.

marietta GA
Reviewed 11 April 2014

hotel is pretty old - and shows lots of wear and tear. scuff marks on the bottom of every door I saw. in my room an electrical outlet and tv cable outlet were falling out of the wall. big stain on the carpet. toilet was rickety and did not want to flush properly.
had a car so did not ride the shuttle but the property is a bit of a distance from the airport- i'd guess 15-so minutes at least.
no breakfast provided - small gift/c-store in front of hotel was not outrageously priced.
wifi signal was strong
good choice of tv channels.

for the price - might be an ok choice, because Miami is pricey for aiport hotels. but don't go expecting much

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Dear marieatta_pman

Thank you for taking the time to share your review. We pride ourselves on exceeding our guests expectations and obviously we have fell short. I sincerely apologies for the inconvenience that this may of caused you. Please know that we value our guest comments and I will share this with the operation team.

Trinidad
Reviewed 11 April 2014 via mobile

This hotel was on d street of most major stores such as kmart, home depot and d mall with major department stores like sears, jcpenny macys.
Hotel reception was very friendly and speak both english and spanish. Room was very spacious, clean, quiet and relaxing. WIFI in d hotel and room was reliable but had a few problems sometimes to connect.
Hotel restaurant was huge and had a wide variety of choices and d breakfast was delicious.
One issue i had was with the room key card, where everyday when returning to my room my key card was always deactivated and i had a long walk wit all my shopping bags to the front desk to reactibate them. Management should look into this problem.
Overall it was a good place to stay and would recommend it to anuone who is looking for shopping that is walking distance from the hotel....

Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank 1234090
Dear Guest

Thank you for your review. I'm happy to hear that your room was spacious, clean and the front office agents were friendly. Our ultimate goal is to deliver excellent service to each and every guest we serve.

Thank you for your business.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hialeah
Holiday Inn Express Miami-Hialeah (Miami Lakes)
Ramada Miami Springs/Miami International Airport
Holiday Inn Miami West - Airport Area
Regency Hotel Miami
Regency Hotel Miami
#36 of 122 in Miami
Quality Inn Miami Airport
Clarion Inn  & Suites Miami Airport
Clarion Inn & Suites Miami Airp...
#10 of 16 in Miami Springs

Been to Ramada Hialeah/Miami Airport? Share your experiences!