“clean room”

Ramada Hialeah/Miami Airport
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Hialeah
Reviewed 29 April 2014

The room at this hotel is nice, clean and comfortable. The bathroom was very clean and up to standard. It's your typical 2.5-3 star room. Flat screen tv. Soft white bed. The AC worked well.

The rest of the hotel is probably what gets the drawbacks. The location isn't great. Not unsafe, but it's hard to turn into this hotel. The road is on is insanely busy. Can only come from one direction. Would be very annoying on a long stay. The elevator (singular) from what I can tell is slow and smelly. Lobby was nothing special. Lots of people always milling around.

I saw one post saying you can stay for cheap and just drive to the beach. Is a 30 minute drive minimum.

Good for what it is. Nothing more

Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Armando H, General Manager at Ramada Hialeah/Miami Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2014

Dear Nick E

Thank you for your review. I'm pleased to hear that your room was clean and comfortable. Our ultimate goal is to provide EXCELLENT rooms to each and every guest we serve.

Reviewed 25 April 2014

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 20 April 2014

I stayed at this location on my return from my cruise to be shocked when I arrived at this location !!! When my sister and I walked into the lobby it smelt and it looked very dingy very outdated .. Shocking for a Ramada. We really had no choice to change hotels being it was a Sunday . The desk staff was very courteous and helpful. Upon arriving to our room the stench was even worse in the room that I decided when we went to the mall not to eat in the room. The curtains had stains on them and the carpet too. .. The bathroom had rust in areas there shouldn't' t have been. There is a n exposed light bulb over the door which I have never seen in a hotel before. My sister said her pillow case smelt like butt so the linen wasn't changed . The hotel overall I will not give a dot. The Ramada Corporation should be ashamed to even have a hotel in this condition !!!! Close this place and RENOVATE , RENOVATE !!!!!! I do not recommend this location to anyone. MR. Armando I understand you are the manager but please don't bother to apologize for these conditions because it looks like they were there before you started so nothing is going to change ... SHAME, SHAME RAMADA CORP !!!!!

Room Tip: Choose it in another hotel !!!
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Gigi H
Armando H, General Manager at Ramada Hialeah/Miami Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2014

Dear Gigi H

Thank you for taking the time to share your review with trip Advisor. Please allow me to apologies for the shortfalls you experienced during your recent visit. Please know that your feedback is important to us and we take these comments seriously our ultimate goal is to provide clean and friendly accommodations to each and every guest we serve.

Reviewed 18 April 2014

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Brian L

Reviewed 16 April 2014

I gave the hotel 1 star because of the very pleasant young lady at the reception desk when I checked in. I wish I had gotten her name because she was so nice. Now the real deal. When me and my sister entered the hotel it smelled musty with disinfectant to try to mask the odor. I was given a room in the second building, yes the hotel had the nerve to have 2 buildings. As we were walking thru the first floor to go to the second building, you can see the exposed pipes in the ceiling like you would see in a basement. The exposed pipes were on every floor in the hallway. The carpet was filthy in the corridor as well in our room. There was mold on the drapes. The bathroom was so what clean but had rust stains on back of the door. I did not sleep in the bed with my pajamas but I slept with my clothes on. When I put my head on the pillow I noticed a smell like sputum which made me gag. So that meant that the pillowcases were not changed so I would assumed the linens were not changed.That did it for me. Thank God I had an early flight the next morning. I am very surprised that The Ramada chain would have a property such as this one. BE AWARE STAY AWAY FROM THIS HOTEL.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Cynthia C
Armando H, General Manager at Ramada Hialeah/Miami Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2014

Dear Cynthia C

Thank you for taking the time to share your review. I'm very disappointed with all the issues that you experienced with your room and I apologize. This is unacceptable as we pride ourselves on providing clean rooms. Please know that your feedback is important to us and I will address/review this with the operation team with urgency. Our ultimate goal is to provide excellent service to each and every guest we serve.

Reviewed 14 April 2014

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Dave C

Reviewed 12 April 2014

I called the hotel to verify the procedure for the shuttle service from the airport to the hotel. I was told to wait at the shuttle pick up area and that the shuttle made regular rounds at the airport and no further action was required. After waiting 40 minutes and seeing several other hotel shuttles make multiple passes we called the hotel and were advised we would be picked up in 10 to 15 minutes. The shuttle arrived 30 minutes later. There was no water working when we arrived (they said it was due to a broken pipe) while this may be an unforeseeable event we were offered no bottled water or other amenity for this inconvenience. The room assigned on my return trip had a bad odor and was in a back building requiring me to walk out a back door the staff used as a smoking area and through a parking lot alone. The hallways were dark, the ice machine, soda and snack machines didn’t work and the HVAC unit was so loud I could hardly sleep. A housekeeper tried to enter my room without knocking or announcing herself, causing me great alarm. The hotel restaurant (Tropicana) staff added a gratuity to my bill with no notation they were doing so on the menu and "rounded up" the change giving me change for an $11 tab when my tab was $10.50 further adding to the "gratuity". On the first night I dined with other guests and none of our drink or food orders were correct but we were billed for an undeserved gratuity, my second meal was just for one person and again the gratuity was added to the bill (based on the after tax total).

Room Tip: Not sure there are any good rooms but the main building was somewhat better than the "B" b...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Bonnie H
Armando H, General Manager at Ramada Hialeah/Miami Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2014

Dear Bonnie H

thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to share your review. Please except my apologies for the horrible experience you encounter. This is not acceptable as we pride ourselves on providing excellent clean rooms and exceeding our guest expectations. Please know that we value our guest feedback and I will address all these issues with the operation team.

Once again I sincerely apologies and safe travels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Hialeah
Ramada Miami Springs/Miami International Airport
Holiday Inn Express Miami-Hialeah (Miami Lakes)
Holiday Inn Miami West - Airport Area
Regency Hotel Miami
Regency Hotel Miami
#38 of 125 in Miami
Sleep Inn at Miami International Airport
Hilton Garden Inn Miami Airport West

Been to Ramada Hialeah/Miami Airport? Share your experiences!