“Great location but unfriendly Frontdesk Staff”

Ramada Hialeah/Miami Airport
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Hialeah
Noord, Aruba
“Great location but unfriendly Frontdesk Staff”
Reviewed 8 June 2014

My husband and I had a short vacation in Orlando and after that we stayed in Miami for 2 days and since Priceline had a great offer, we decided to book our hotel thru Priceline. The only thing is that we didn't know the hotel that we are staying in until we pay our hotel booking. It was our first time to stay in this hotel so when we went to the hotel, it was still early so we started to pre-check in. The FD clerk who was checking us in offered us a room on the ground floor on the back buliding. We went to take a look at it but it was not to our liking. We went back to the Fd and informed the agent that we are willing to wait as long as we can have a room on the same building and higher floor. So we started to go to the nearest mall (w/c is the Westland Mall) and stayed there till 5pm. We finally went back to the hotel and when we took our key, the male FD agent mentioned that we are on the back of the hotel on the 2nd floor. I replied to the agent and told him that the reason why we waited is that we wanted to stay in the same building and higher floor. The agent finally gave us a room on the 3rd floor. The agent just gave us the key and didn't say anything. When we reached the room, the size of the room was good & when we were lying down, we started to itch but not bad. I asked my husband if he feels the same and he replied yes. Since we were ony staying for 2 nights, we didn't even bother the Front desk for another room anymore. While we were in the room, we saw a small bug (it's like a little cockroach) on the floor and suddenly disappeared. When I went to the bathroom, I saw another small cockroach and I didn't know where it went. When I wanted to take a bath, the bath tub has stains and the drain was rusty. Another thing, the airco was so noisy! As if you are in the airplane but anyhow we were only staying for 2 nights. The following day we needed extra towels so my husband called the Frontdesk and he was infromed that he has to come and pick up the towels so he went to the Frontdesk. When we were ready to go out,I went to the FD and there were no guests in line so I asked assistance to tell me where is the nearest Toyz R us. FD agent Claudia replied that the Concierge can help me with my question. So I told her that she was not busy and asked her if she can help me and she replied "believe me, we are busy"! I didn't say anything. And there was another male FD agent that never greet & never smile (a little bit old) and came and said, the Concierge can help me, so I replied, the Concierge agent is busy. Claudia finally printed the map and gave it to me. I work also in a Hospitality business and I know how hotel works. I would say simple little things that they can do means a lot to the Customers. Their little attention, their smiles & greetings means a lot but I didn't see from the staff. I am writing this because of my bad experience from the staff and to the condition of the room and I hope this serves as a lesson to them. I wanted to rate them terrible but since the location is good with all the shops, I rated them poor!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Armando H, General Manager at Ramada Hialeah/Miami Airport, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Dear Mhel1964

Thank you for your review. I'm pleased to hear that you liked our location, however I'm very upset for the lack of customer service that our team provided. Please allow me to apologies for the inconvenience you experienced with your room and our agents. Please know that I value my guests feedback and rest assure that I will address the cleanliness and lack of customer service with my team. Our ultimate goal is to provide clean rooms to each and every guest we serve. I have contacted our exterminator and the rooms will be service with priority.

Safe travels.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (145)
  • Korean first
Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

This was my second time staying there, and once again it was great! No problems, friendly staff, close enough to everything I needed! The only thing that would've made it better would've been free breakfast, but there were enough local places with cheap, Cuban breakfast to suffice.

Stayed June 2014
Armando H, General Manager at Ramada Hialeah/Miami Airport, responded to this review, 10 June 2014
Dear Jazzleddazzel1

Thank you for your review. I'm pleased to hear that you had an excellent stay. Our goal is to provide excellent service to each and every guest we serve.

Thank you for your loyalty.
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Just back from a 2 nights stay.The hotel is well situated and 6 miles from the airport.The room,service.pool and parking were very good.I had no problem at this hotel except for the restaurant,it's horrible and expensive,i ordered the 12 ounce skirt steak that came with white rice and frozen vegaetables(18.95),steak was paper thin and chewy,food was dry.a corona was $4.95 and they have the balls to add tax and a $4.00 graturity.Stay away from this restaurant,there are lots of places within walking distance.In my 2 days i got 12 pizza flyers that was slid under the door,they need to put a stop to this.The walls are thin and you can hear the doors when it's slammed shut,the free shuttle to the airport seems like a big plus for travelers.For the price i paid(57.00/night) it was worth it,but will not pay more than $60.00/night for this hotel.

Room Tip: I was on the 4th floor overlooking the pool in a double bed room.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Armando H, General Manager at Ramada Hialeah/Miami Airport, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
Dear Triniorl

Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to share your review. I'm happy that your room was clean and that you enjoyed the pool ,however I'm disturb with your experience in our restaurant. Please allow me to apologies for the inconvenience that this may of caused you and your family. I will address this with our executive chef. Our ultimate goal is to exceed our guest expectations and we fell way below your standards and this is unacceptable.

Willemstad
Reviewed 31 May 2014

located opposite the Westland Mall and in short distance of many shops on the 49th street makes it ideal for shopping purposes.The hotel is clean and staff was very friendly,helpful and efficient.I absolutely did not like the lift since it was making funny noises all the time and it was slow.The room was fair although a bit stuffy .

Dear Llona M

Thank you for your review. I'm pleased to hear that our team was friendly and your room was clean. We pride ourselves on delivering excellent service to each and every guest we serve. Please know that your feedback is important to us and I will investigate the noise that you reported in regards to the elevator.

Beloit
Reviewed 28 May 2014

hotel was older but very clean and comfortable!! Would stay there again!! Pool was very nice! Felt very comfortable walking the streets by myself! Mall across the street from the hotel and many other stores and restaunts in walking distance!!! To repeat would stay again! GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Armando H, General Manager at Ramada Hialeah/Miami Airport, responded to this review, 3 June 2014
Dear Julia B

Thank you for your review. I'm pleased to hear that your room was comfortable and that you would stay with us again. Our ultimate goal is to provide EXCELLENT service to each and every guest we serve.

Safe Travels
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Ended up having a bad experience. Upon arrival the two gentleman working the desk were friendly and helpful. We checked in as any other person would do and we're excited to rest after a full day of travel. When we got inside the room all appeared to be clean with the exception of peeling fiber glass in the tub. I called the front desk asking if we could switch rooms and they said we could however the next 2 rooms, that's right, 3 rooms total all had the same problem. I ran into another hotel guest and asked if their tub was the same way and they said yes. I have a 15 month old baby and felt it to be unsafe to give my baby a bath in a fiberglass peeling tub. We decided to leave the hotel all together. After contacting the company who booked our trip to request a refund they contacted the hotel and the Ramada only refunded 2 of the 3 nights because they stated we technically checked in. I find that reasoning to be ridiculous. Because of this experience I found it necessary to write a review to help others to know before you officially check in ask to see the room first. We enjoy traveling to the Miami area but are now crossing this hotel off of our possible stay list.

1 Thank John H
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to share your review. I'm pleased to hear that our team was friendly and the your room was clean, however I'm very disappointed that your tub was peeling and not up to standards. Please allow me to apologies for the inconveniences this may of caused you. We value our guest experience and I 'm addressing this issue with urgency. I have a plan in place to fix the tubs that are peeling.

Thank you for the feedback.

Travellers are raving about these Hialeah hotels

Athens, Georgia
Reviewed 25 May 2014

I was down in Hialeah on a family emergency. Initially, I had booked a rate on Priceline for 3 nights but ended up needing to stay an additional night. Ms. Falcon at the front desk was wonderful in helping me get a discounted rate for my additional night. Friendly and helpful and the rooms have been remodeled with new carpet and very clean.

Room Tip: A lot of tours use this hotel as a base so they are pretty full. The back building is very quiet.
Dear Armando R

thank you for your review. I'm very happy to read that Ms. Falcon was able t o provide excellent service during your visit to Ramada. Our goal is to provide EXCELLENT service to each and every guest we serve.

Thank you for your business.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hialeah
Holiday Inn Express Miami-Hialeah (Miami Lakes)
Ramada Miami Springs/Miami International Airport
Holiday Inn Miami West - Airport Area
Regency Hotel Miami
Regency Hotel Miami
#37 of 122 in Miami
Quality Inn Miami Airport
Clarion Inn  & Suites Miami Airport
Clarion Inn & Suites Miami Airp...
#10 of 16 in Miami Springs

Been to Ramada Hialeah/Miami Airport? Share your experiences!