My husband and I had a short vacation in Orlando and after that we stayed in Miami for 2 days and since Priceline had a great offer, we decided to book our hotel thru Priceline. The only thing is that we didn't know the hotel that we are staying in until we pay our hotel booking. It was our first time to stay in this hotel so when we went to the hotel, it was still early so we started to pre-check in. The FD clerk who was checking us in offered us a room on the ground floor on the back buliding. We went to take a look at it but it was not to our liking. We went back to the Fd and informed the agent that we are willing to wait as long as we can have a room on the same building and higher floor. So we started to go to the nearest mall (w/c is the Westland Mall) and stayed there till 5pm. We finally went back to the hotel and when we took our key, the male FD agent mentioned that we are on the back of the hotel on the 2nd floor. I replied to the agent and told him that the reason why we waited is that we wanted to stay in the same building and higher floor. The agent finally gave us a room on the 3rd floor. The agent just gave us the key and didn't say anything. When we reached the room, the size of the room was good & when we were lying down, we started to itch but not bad. I asked my husband if he feels the same and he replied yes. Since we were ony staying for 2 nights, we didn't even bother the Front desk for another room anymore. While we were in the room, we saw a small bug (it's like a little cockroach) on the floor and suddenly disappeared. When I went to the bathroom, I saw another small cockroach and I didn't know where it went. When I wanted to take a bath, the bath tub has stains and the drain was rusty. Another thing, the airco was so noisy! As if you are in the airplane but anyhow we were only staying for 2 nights. The following day we needed extra towels so my husband called the Frontdesk and he was infromed that he has to come and pick up the towels so he went to the Frontdesk. When we were ready to go out,I went to the FD and there were no guests in line so I asked assistance to tell me where is the nearest Toyz R us. FD agent Claudia replied that the Concierge can help me with my question. So I told her that she was not busy and asked her if she can help me and she replied "believe me, we are busy"! I didn't say anything. And there was another male FD agent that never greet & never smile (a little bit old) and came and said, the Concierge can help me, so I replied, the Concierge agent is busy. Claudia finally printed the map and gave it to me. I work also in a Hospitality business and I know how hotel works. I would say simple little things that they can do means a lot to the Customers. Their little attention, their smiles & greetings means a lot but I didn't see from the staff. I am writing this because of my bad experience from the staff and to the condition of the room and I hope this serves as a lesson to them. I wanted to rate them terrible but since the location is good with all the shops, I rated them poor!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of South Florida's Shopper's Paradise, the Ramada Miami Airport North is within walking distance of many retail stores and restaurants.We are approximately 10 miles from the Miami International airport, away from the typical congestion and noise of an airport hotel. Free airport pickup and delivery is available from 6 am to 9 pm daily.Few Miami airport hotels offer a better location than the Ramada Airport North. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Traveltool, S.L.U., getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Ramada Hialeah/Miami Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ramada Inn Miami Airport North Hotel Hialeah
- Ramada Inn Hialeah
- Ramada Miami Airport North
- Ramada Hialeah/Miami Airport Florida