“Decent Stay-”

Ramada Hialeah/Miami Airport
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Hialeah
Reviewed 28 June 2014

This was a decent Hotel..no problems.Close to everything and a 24 Hr I Hop nearby!
Have your GPs ready to take to to the most scenic places in the area- gorgous blue water!
Brush up on your Spanish- that is the MAin language down there!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Armando H, General Manager at Ramada Hialeah/Miami Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2014

Dear Jane S

Thank you for your review and choosing the Ramada for your hotel accommodations. I'm please to hear that you had no issues during your recent stay and that you enjoyed the area and restaurants.

Travel Safe

Write a ReviewReviews (1,745)

Reviewed 27 June 2014

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Ramada

Reviewed 25 June 2014

Horrible service from check out to a week later. Hotel won't lift hold on credit card. They said there was no reason. No room damage. But it has been 7 days. Bank says that it's not been released from the hotels end. Hotel staff and corporate keep saying they will call us back. Also stay away from resteraunt service is horrible, food is worse. Ants crawling on tables.

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank jennierose85

Dear Jennierose 85

Thank you for taking the time to share your review. I apologies that we were not able to meet your expectations during your recent visit. I followed up and it was confirmed that the bank release the hold on your debit card, sorry for the inconvenience. Please know that I value my guests experience and I will address the service issue with my operation team with urgency. We pride our self on delivering excellent service to each and every guest we serve.

Reviewed 9 June 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed here the night before leaving on a cruise, and we booked it at a great deal from an app called, Hotels Tonight. We've stayed in Ramada hotels before, so we knew what to expect, however, arriving there, we got the unexpected. It was definitely not up to the Ramada standard, and I truly believe it was a franchise. All of the Ramada advertisements in the hotel were pictures of that hotel's staff, including the shuttle bus driver. As we walked down the halls, you could see all of the hotel's water piping as it was not constructed to be inside of the walls. The room we received was average. The carpet had a huge white crusty stain in it, as if no attempt to clean it had been made. Each time we left the room, we were unsure if the door was actually locked as the door was no longer fitting tightly into the frame. It wiggled so much, we wondered if anyone would be able to easily just kick the door open. We only felt as if this was an okay option for the night, since it offered free transportation to the cruise port.

Room Tip: Choose a room in the main building where the front desk staff is actually connected to. We had a roo...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Armando H, General Manager at Ramada Hialeah/Miami Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to share your review. I'm sorry and apologies that we were not able to meet or exceed your expectations during your recent stay. Please know that we value our guests comments and I will share this with my operation team. Our ultimate goal is to provide excellent service to each and every guest we serve.

Reviewed 9 June 2014

Too many things don't work. Room keys deactivate several times each day. This is extremely annoying. And this has been going on for years.

This is the fourth or fifth time I have stayed here.......(only because of the location). But I have had it. The bath tubs always have drainage issues so you end up wading in water after your shower. This time the maintenance came (decked in some heavy duty gloves) with some strong chemical in a bottle and poured down the drain. It would seem best to close, correct all the issues and then re-open. Such a shame for such a perfect location

Room Tip: There are no good rooms unless you have a working key. Over a 6 day stay I had to have my key reprog...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Dear Adolphus H

Thank you for your review. First of all allow me to apologies for the inconvenience you experienced during your recent stay and thank you for your continuous loyalty with the Ramada. I understand your frustration and concerns and we are fixing the problems that you have mentioned. Our ultimate goal is to provide excellent service to each and every guest we serve.

Safe travels and hope to see you again.

Reviewed 8 June 2014

My husband and I had a short vacation in Orlando and after that we stayed in Miami for 2 days and since Priceline had a great offer, we decided to book our hotel thru Priceline. The only thing is that we didn't know the hotel that we are staying in until we pay our hotel booking. It was our first time to stay in this hotel so when we went to the hotel, it was still early so we started to pre-check in. The FD clerk who was checking us in offered us a room on the ground floor on the back buliding. We went to take a look at it but it was not to our liking. We went back to the Fd and informed the agent that we are willing to wait as long as we can have a room on the same building and higher floor. So we started to go to the nearest mall (w/c is the Westland Mall) and stayed there till 5pm. We finally went back to the hotel and when we took our key, the male FD agent mentioned that we are on the back of the hotel on the 2nd floor. I replied to the agent and told him that the reason why we waited is that we wanted to stay in the same building and higher floor. The agent finally gave us a room on the 3rd floor. The agent just gave us the key and didn't say anything. When we reached the room, the size of the room was good & when we were lying down, we started to itch but not bad. I asked my husband if he feels the same and he replied yes. Since we were ony staying for 2 nights, we didn't even bother the Front desk for another room anymore. While we were in the room, we saw a small bug (it's like a little cockroach) on the floor and suddenly disappeared. When I went to the bathroom, I saw another small cockroach and I didn't know where it went. When I wanted to take a bath, the bath tub has stains and the drain was rusty. Another thing, the airco was so noisy! As if you are in the airplane but anyhow we were only staying for 2 nights. The following day we needed extra towels so my husband called the Frontdesk and he was infromed that he has to come and pick up the towels so he went to the Frontdesk. When we were ready to go out,I went to the FD and there were no guests in line so I asked assistance to tell me where is the nearest Toyz R us. FD agent Claudia replied that the Concierge can help me with my question. So I told her that she was not busy and asked her if she can help me and she replied "believe me, we are busy"! I didn't say anything. And there was another male FD agent that never greet & never smile (a little bit old) and came and said, the Concierge can help me, so I replied, the Concierge agent is busy. Claudia finally printed the map and gave it to me. I work also in a Hospitality business and I know how hotel works. I would say simple little things that they can do means a lot to the Customers. Their little attention, their smiles & greetings means a lot but I didn't see from the staff. I am writing this because of my bad experience from the staff and to the condition of the room and I hope this serves as a lesson to them. I wanted to rate them terrible but since the location is good with all the shops, I rated them poor!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Armando H, General Manager at Ramada Hialeah/Miami Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2014

Dear Mhel1964

Thank you for your review. I'm pleased to hear that you liked our location, however I'm very upset for the lack of customer service that our team provided. Please allow me to apologies for the inconvenience you experienced with your room and our agents. Please know that I value my guests feedback and rest assure that I will address the cleanliness and lack of customer service with my team. Our ultimate goal is to provide clean rooms to each and every guest we serve. I have contacted our exterminator and the rooms will be service with priority.

Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

This was my second time staying there, and once again it was great! No problems, friendly staff, close enough to everything I needed! The only thing that would've made it better would've been free breakfast, but there were enough local places with cheap, Cuban breakfast to suffice.

Stayed: June 2014

Dear Jazzleddazzel1

Thank you for your review. I'm pleased to hear that you had an excellent stay. Our goal is to provide excellent service to each and every guest we serve.

Thank you for your loyalty.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Hialeah
Holiday Inn Express Miami-Hialeah (Miami Lakes)
Holiday Inn Miami West - Airport Area
Ramada Miami Springs/Miami International Airport
Best Western Plus Miami Airport North Hotel & Suites
Sleep Inn at Miami International Airport
Clarion Inn  & Suites Miami Airport
Clarion Inn & Suites Miami Airp...
#11 of 16 in Miami Springs

Been to Ramada Hialeah/Miami Airport? Share your experiences!