“Not as good as it used to be”

Ramada Hialeah/Miami Airport
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Hialeah
Miami
“Not as good as it used to be”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2014 via mobile

Ramada is quite disappointing not like it was years ago even last year was better than this stay. First thing check in took forever and we were so tired from our long trip the elevator took forever to get to the third floor very scary I was on the third floor and it takes a minute just for the elevator door to open. The second and third hotel floor smells like incense the entire evening I had a headache. When we got into the room the smell wasn't that bad. In the bathroom tub had a lot of wet toilet paper like someone threw toilet paper in the tub totally gross. The shower head had lots of soap scum and the shower curtain was dirty. The sheets were worn as always but they were clean so that I can't complain about. The hotel is closed to a mall which is good and the price is very cheap but their standards have fell.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank americanqueen
Armando H, General Manager at Ramada Hialeah/Miami Airport, responded to this review, 25 August 2014
Dear Americanqueen

Thank you for your review. I'm very disappointed that you had to check in to a room in those conditions, please except my apologies. I have shared this with my night manager and operation's team and have re-enforced our best practices. Our ultimate goal is to provide excellent service to each and every guest we serve. I will reach out to you privately as I would like to set up your future reservation with us.

Thank you for your loyalty.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (143)
  • Korean first
travelling
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2014

This hotel is not up to the usual Ramada standard. I have never seen such dirty and old carpet in the corridors in any hotel that I have stayed in. Luckily the room itself is OK.
Room is very dated but it was clean. The location is about 15 minute drive from Miami airport. There is an airport shuttle but we had to wait 40 minutes for the shuttle to arrive. The only positive point I can think of is that this hotel provides a free one way shuttle to the port of Miami if you are doing a cruise out of Miami. So this may be a cheap option for a 1 night pre-cruise stay.

There is a mall just on the other side of the road if you fancy some shopping. Other than this there is nothing interesting to do in this area.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank W-Voyager-128
Armando H, General Manager at Ramada Hialeah/Miami Airport, responded to this review, 20 August 2014
Dear W-Voyager-128

Thank you for your review. I'm happy to hear that your room was clean, however I'm disappointed that our hallways were dirty and not up to standards. Please know that we value our guests feedback and I have met with my executive housekeeper and shared your comments. We will improve our best practices in this area , as our ultimate goal is to provide excellent services to each and every guest we serve.

Safe Travels.
Montego Bay, Jamaica
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2014

Convenient with airport pick up and drop off.

The room was not properly cleaned. I found paper under the bed. THe wall next to the desk where the coffee machine is seems as if it had not been cleaned in months. Many very visible marks on the wall that can easily be removed. A piece of metal on the frame of the bed cut me on my leg. I didnt bther to report as I was staying just for a night so I could catch a connecting flight. THere were several other things but overall the room was really not clean. I had a reservation for my return trip through miami which I cancelled.

Room Tip: Wifi signal not very good.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Armando H, General Manager at Ramada Hialeah/Miami Airport, responded to this review, 14 August 2014
Dear Korasom

Thank you for taking time out of your schedule to share your experience with us. Please know that we pride ourselves on providing EXCELLENT 7 clean rooms to each and every guest we serve. I apologies that we didn't meet your expectations and I have met and address this with our executive housekeeper. Thank you for your feedback.

Warm regards.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hialeah
Holiday Inn Express Miami-Hialeah (Miami Lakes)
Ramada Miami Springs/Miami International Airport
Holiday Inn Miami West - Airport Area
Holiday Inn Miami West - Airport...
#1 of 1 in Hialeah Gardens
Quality Inn Miami Airport
Sheraton Miami Airport Hotel & Executive Meeting Center
Clarion Inn  & Suites Miami Airport
Clarion Inn & Suites Miami Airp...
#10 of 16 in Miami Springs

Been to Ramada Hialeah/Miami Airport? Share your experiences!