“The trash left on the Santa Fe River!”
Review of Ginnie Springs

Ginnie Springs
More attraction details
Owner description: This diver's paradise offers shallow spring, river and cave diving.
Tampa, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“The trash left on the Santa Fe River!”
Reviewed 15 June 2014

I kayak. The Santa Fe river is a pristine piece of wilderness UNTIL you encounter Ginny Springs. There is absolutely no control on what people may bring (and leave) on the River.I've been told the beer cans on the river bottom are three feet deep. I've heard this place called "The Redneck Riviera." At no other spring in Florida is there such blatant disregard for Florida's springs. I have no objection to people floating down the river. I do object to there being no controls on pollution. It is heartbreaking.

Visited June 2014
12 Thank Jan C

praieville la
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Not diver friendly! ”
Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

The site is magnificent but not diver friendly. Upon arrival we are told the nitrox is not available. Next upon staging gear and entering water we are inundated with swimmers blocking the entrance to steps and making entering and exiting water dangerous. Steps should be marked for Divers and one away from Ginnie for swimmers. Next when we needed refills instead of a tab system like other springs we had to pay each time carrying wet cash. The site is clearly not diver friendly as in years past when I dove and did not incur these issues.

It's worth noting that booze was prevalent and I dont appreciate exposing my teenage divers to this. We had swimmers use the middle finger on my son doing a decom stop. Concern is for divers who are clearly trying their best to enjoy water and generating revenue but forced due to lack of supervision to deal with waterways crowded with boozing people who should clearly not be in water

Ginnie needs to provide supervision for the non diving people enjoying water. If not a drowning will surely occur. The booze needs to be addressed. Any responsible person with knowledge of water knows that alcohol and water don't mix.

We won't return. Expensive trip but management needs to address these issues.

6 Thank diverd3
Rexton, Canada
31 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“A must-see for divers!”
Reviewed 15 June 2014

I have been to many dive sites over my 20 year career and still enjoy Ginnie Springs. I especially enjoy introducing new divers to the sites. This is a very clean and safe environment to enjoy bottom time for all ages. They have some great packages if you intend on staying and enjoying the river for extended periods of time. A day trip is ample to get a taste of the diving there. Great amenities on site. Tank fills and gear sales. The introductory videos helpful for first timers.

Visited March 2014
Fort White, Florida
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 49 helpful votes
“Great springs, not family friendly”
Reviewed 11 June 2014 via mobile

Beautiful venue with some much needed improvements.
Had several springs and you can float down the Santa Fe.
Nice picnic areas and camping.
BUT, it lacks adequate security and on busy weekends it's like the Wild West. Plenty of drunken college kids and loud music.
Check in could be a lot more organized.

5 Thank bbbd398
LaBelle, Florida
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Awesome for Bachelor Party”
Reviewed 11 June 2014

I visited this place last year with a couple of friends for my bachelor party. We had an absolute blast! There were so many campsites to choose from and each campsite had plenty of space. I recommend that you rent tubes to float down the river and rent a snorkel with fins too to help propel your tube easier. We floated down the river and stopped by each spring along the way and snorkeled. The water was a little cold, but we got used to it after the initial entry. The only complaint was that we had some people shoot fireworks toward our campsite and were being loud all night long. Other than that, we will definitely be visiting again sometime soon!

Visited July 2013