“Nice atmosphere”

Secret Garden Bakery
Ranked #1 of 4 Dessert in High Springs
Price range: US$2 - US$5
Description: Secret Garden Bakery is located inside of Wisteria Cottage on Main Street in High Springs, just north of Gainesville. Secret Garden Bakery serves up delicious cheesecake bars, cookies, cake, pound cake, specialty brownies and more.
Reviewed 3 May 2014

While researching our trip to O'Leno I came across this Bakery and decided we should try it. The staff there was very friendly and made us feel welcome. The shop inside was very nice. We had an assortment of cheesecake bars that were reasonably priced. We bought some cookies as well. We hung out in the back which was a nice garden atmosphere with a small fish pond and gazebo. I was please with the visit. I gave it a 4 out of 5 only because I felt the selection was small that day and the cookies weren't as good as I hoped. I don't want that opinion to take away from the overall visit though. I will probably visit again when we return to that area.

Reviewed 27 January 2014

We stopped here because of the reviews on Trip Advisor, but probably wouldn't have found it if we weren't seeking it out. Bakery is small building behind shop on Main Street. Park on side street and go in rear gate to, not surprisingly, a hidden garden area. We had lemon bar, buckeye brownie and some sort of cheesecake bar. Everything was delicious (very rich). Baker was very pleasant. Sat in garden to eat our goodies. Cute, hidden spot, well worth looking for.

2  Thank mct3c
Reviewed 9 December 2013

Before visiting High Springs last March, I thoroughly checked TripAdvisor for reviews. At the time, the Secret Garden Bakery had only 4 reviews, but all excellent! After visiting, I couldn't agree more. My son fell in love with the Buckeye Brownies and my husband loves the Cherry bars, the Pecan bars, and many other baked goods. My favorites are the coconut fudge brownies and the blueberry muffins--they don't look like regular muffins but they are so good, dense, sweet, and stuffed with blueberries! The bakery doesn't open till 10 a.m. and they are closed Sundays, so buy up on Saturday to make it through till Monday!

4  Thank Gothiclion
Reviewed 11 November 2013 via mobile

I recently stopped in this cute bakery located in the back yard of an old house which is being used as a store. It looked like it would be a nice place for a cup of coffee and a dessert. I only had time to pick up something to go. There were a lot of tasty looking choices but I settled on a lemon bar and it was delicious.

4  Thank PrimroseLlane
Reviewed 26 August 2013

OMGoodness, the goodies here will blow your mind! That turtle bar thing really rocked my world, and the pecan pie bar was super yummy.

4  Thank geometryjunkie