“Love this River”

Santa Fe Canoe Outpost day trips
Reviewed 3 August 2013

I have canoed this river many, many times. My family and friends have always received top notch service from Canoe Outpost. They know everything from river conditions to how Naked Ed is doing. We even get tips on where we can expect cell service and they always ask how many garbage bags we need - not only for our stuff but so we can pick up anything we see along the trip. -- and they handle the recycling for us when we get back. They are always on time when they pick us up- which has caused us to have to really pick up the pace sometimes - HAH- Go you'll love it

4  Thank Mayorchooch
There are newer reviews for Santa Fe Canoe Outpost day trips

Reviewed 13 July 2013

Great river. Service getting us ready for the trip was excellent. Staff was knowledgeable about the river and places to stop down river. We paddled 7 miles down the river. They picked us up right on time. We will rent there again.

3  Thank Vivian E
Reviewed 27 June 2013

I was looking for a place that rented canoes, for myself and my three sons to go on the Santa Fe for the day, and this place was the only place that came up on the internet . . . I should have known, when I spoke to the man on the phone, that they are not very interested in customer service. He rushed me on the phone, when I had questions about location and pricing, but I figured that they must be busy. When we showed up, and were the only people there, and they STILL spoke in a rush and in a very gruff manner (even rushed us into the boats saying "you're wasting your time on the river, when I was trying to put sunscreen on my kids), I then assumed they were in a rush because they were expecting a camp group supposedly. The river itself was beautiful - saw a small alligator, about a hundred turtles, and of course "Naked Ed" (interesting). Our pick up point was the 7 mile stop (Rum Spring/Island), which unfortunately is horribly trashy, cigarette butts everywhere, lots of people smoking, drinking, etc - which is really a shame for such a gorgeous spot, I can't believe there isn't better enforcement of cleanliness there. But the worst part of the experience was when the van came to pick us up (I should note they were very prompt though), and again were rude and acted as if we were inconveniencing them. When my 16 yr old son went to help load the canoe, one of the men actually yelled at him, "Don't touch that please" in a really mean tone, and my son was trying to be helpful. What is amazing to me is that they had no other business when we were there, and I would think they would have all the time in the world to at least be friendly. Unfortunately, as we were headed back to our hotel, I then saw a different canoe outfitter - next time we will go there and hopefully it will be a better experience. I am looking forward to experiencing this river and the area agian, just not with these people.

5  Thank Melanie D
Reviewed 28 May 2013

I have been there a few times now, for both daytime trips and now a full moon paddle. Very reasonably priced, food information from the staff and adequate equipment. The full paddle day trip was a good experience going downstream where they ultimately pick you up and bring you back. The full moon paddle is very special upstream paddle to the spring head and a lazy with the flow paddle back under the beauty of the full moon on the river. The full moon paddle was about as quiet an experience as one could have.

2  Thank 1DrRick
Reviewed 27 February 2013

great retreat to the "wilds" of northern florida. people nice, boats clean easy slow ride down a lazy river, just birds, turtles and mullet.

2  Thank scott27w