“Oasis for road weary travelers.”

Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in High Springs
Springfield, Massachusetts
“Oasis for road weary travelers.”
Reviewed 25 April 2014

A last minute trip to Florida from Massachusetts meant a couple long days on the road, hoping the rooms we had quickly reserved based on internet searches turned out okay. Some didn't, but the High Springs Country Inn was a truly welcome surprise. First, a delay left us having to swap days which was no problem (or fees), nor was the very late night arrival. We were bone tired and found our room to be a lot more than expected. It was large, comfortable, and CLEAN. We got a great nights rest, and ended up talking with the owner the next morning. Very nice man who cares about his customers. Bottom line is that there are inexpensive motels; there are "nice" motels; but rarely do they go together. High Springs Country Inn is the exception-nice and inexpensive..

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank tatahey44
highspringsinn, Front Office Manager at High Springs Country Inn, responded to this review, 22 May 2015
Hi, tatahey44, Thank you for the great review. We strive to keep your Inn clean and at a reasonable price for our customers. If at any time any guest is unhappy with our Inn we try our best to fix the problem. Thank you from High Springs Country Inn.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
X
Reviewed 15 April 2014

I needed to be in this area for a 4 day local meeting and based upon your reviews I made reservations here. It would have been inconvenient to stay in Gainesville. Generally i just would not stay in a motel. I must say that I was totally and pleasantly surprised by my experience. Reservations were efficient. I received a confirmation faster than a hotel chain that I use. As another mentioned, just ask them which room they like. Staff were wonderful and friendly and at no time was the office closed to my knowledge and some nights I got in a little late. I felt very safe on the property. So location is perfect. Now to the accommodations. I brought along my own pillow, comforter and towels just in case. I needed none of those. The pillows were fresh and clean, the linens clean and towels clean and not threadbare. So save yourself. I expected thin mattresses but I had the best nights' sleep every night. Mattresses are deep as you would find in a 4 star hotel and very comfortable- not too soft. Perfect. I stayed in both the double and king because I initially only booked for 2 nights. To get in, I was offered a double the first night's stay. Both rooms were very spacious, larger than a regular hotel room. Both rooms had a micro and frig. The king room's frig had a freezer section which was nice for my ice pack. Wifi was as fast as mine at home and free. I am very impressed with the number and placement of electrical outlets for all of my gadgets. Even the larger chains do not do as well. The bathrooms were old timey but in perfect repair and very clean. If you want designer toiletries, bring your own. Both rooms were totally clean and had a clean fragrance. The king room has a breakfast table. The tv is not flat screen but is a good size, works fine, and the selection of stations is good. Plenty of lighting. Air conditioner is effective. Rooms have something you do not see much and that is a ceiling fan, which was nice. Color scheme made the rooms cozy. There was no noise from other rooms to my surprise. I expected street traffic to be a problem, but it was not. Parking was fine. There are places on the property to barbecue or sit out to eat. I don't think most people will miss a swimming pool because most are there to be at nearby camps and caves anyway that have those things. By the time you get back you are ready to unwind. There is a very convenient strip mall about a half mile away with grocery and dollar store and Belk's Outlet. I had supper one night across the street at The Diner. The food and service was good, and the prices reasonable. Veggie fare included. Try the Temphe Reuben. Checkout was a breeze. Expect to pay upon arrival, which makes sense for a smaller establishment. In conclusion, this is a clean, homey, and convenient facility at the right price point. I would return in a heartbeat!

Room Tip: Ask the desk. I stayed in 12(double) and (16) king.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank NorthFloridian2
highspringsinn, Front Office Manager at High Springs Country Inn, responded to this review, 18 April 2014
Dear Guest, Thank you for your great review. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay a the High Springs Country Inn and hope to see you again. Best regards High Springs Country Inn.
Marengo, ohio
Reviewed 6 April 2014 via mobile

Had excellent week at the inn. They will go out of their way to accommodate you. Rooms are plenty roomy at excellent price for a week of diving in cave country. Staff is extremely nice. Couldn't have a better experience.

• Stayed April 2014
Dear Guest, Thank you for the great review. We appreciate the feedback and are happy you enjoyed your stay. Hope to see you next time at the High Springs Country Inn.
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Reviewed 31 March 2014

Room was clean and warm and comfortable. We love the family run property and the room was more than ample for two adults and two kids. The fridge and sink were great. the bathroom was old and simple with "character" cracks and fixtures. Reminds me of my 1970 home in Longwood, FL. Overall it was the perfect quiet clean room for us for a night or two.

Room Tip: Call the front desk and ask. They will tell you their favorite room.
2 Thank Jamey O
Dear Guest, Thank you very much for posting your review. We want to express to you how satisfied we are to acknowledge your positive experience with High Springs Country Inn. We are looking forward to welcoming you back.

West Palm Beach, Florida
Reviewed 31 March 2014

Stayed for the weekend of March 28-30 2014, Great honest people, clean room, quiet, what more could you ask for.

Will stay again for are next race.

Close to the track, worked out great.

Clean parking lot, landscape kept up.

No bugs or critters.
Clean microwave and fridge, tv worked well.

2 Thank WestPalmResident
Dear Guest, Thank you for the great review. We want to acknowledge your positive experience at High Springs Country Inn. We appreciate your comments on our cleanliness and our customer service.

Gainesville, Florida
Reviewed 17 March 2014

We came into town to visit our daughter who goes to UF and stayed at the Inn. It was a wonderful place and the staff was very helpful and thoughtful. We had plenty of space and our daughter was even able to come and do her homework with us over the weekend because of the wifi. This was truly our home away from home and we will be back! Thank you for making our stay so welcoming!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank 333bethc
Dear Guest, Thank you for your great review. We are happy you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again next time you visit your daughter.

Umatilla, Florida
Reviewed 10 March 2014

We stayed here for my son's wedding. The staff was very friendly and called us to confirm that we were still coming. The hotel could use some updating and maybe a better cleaning service. Rooms were alittle small but then again we weren't spending alot of time in our rooms. I love the location and it was easy in and easy out and like I said the staff were Great!! The bed was clean and comfortable and I would stay here again, just remember not to expect the Four Seasons. I also felt safe and since I am a female and was traveling alone at the time, that means alot!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Dear Guest, Thank you for a great review. We are happy to help our guest's stay be better. Hope to see you next time you are in our area.

Also consider these accommodations in or near High Springs
Super 8 Lake City
#9 of 24 in Lake City
TownePlace Suites Gainesville Northwest
Baymont Inn & Suites Gainesville

Been to High Springs Country Inn? Share your experiences!