“terrific deal all around”

High Springs Country Inn
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in High Springs
High Springs, Florida
“terrific deal all around”
Reviewed 25 September 2009

for the price, convenience, location, and service, you won't find many better. I'm a diver and I am traveling to High Springs fairly regularly to dive the caves in teh area. For background, I travel 150K-200K airmiles/year which means many hotel nights.
I was on a trip and had to leave town in the middle. they rearranged my reserved nights with no problem. they held my luggage. they've left keys under mats for me when I'm arriving late at night. It's my 4th time staying here now and it's the same - inexpensive, comfortable, CLEAN, and just great service. I chat with Vic for a bit and he's a good guy - always quick to provide a tip on the local culinary options (ha ha - very few) but a good guy to chat with. Sam is friendly and they move my rooms so I'm closer for better internet connectsion. they really do a great job going out of their way for a pleasant experience. I'd stay here ANY time. The price is right. The service is right. The value is right.
BTW, I've not heard any noise here at night.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Florida
Reviewed 7 August 2009

We have stayed here both last summer and this summer for a couple of nights, and have been very pleased with the size and comfort of the rooms. This past stay, our dresser drawers were broken out on the bottom and unusable, but that is nothing compared to the value. If you are looking for luxury, look elsewhere, but if you simply need a comfortable place to stay, close to downtown and the local springs, I recommend this place. The owners are extremely friendly and helpful, the room clean and bright.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family
Indiana
Reviewed 3 April 2009

Sorry but this place is the absolute worst of the worst! I wish I'd found this review site before subjecting my wife to the few hours we spent at this dive before leaving. Typical foreign run operation(surprise) except with bug issues as mentioned by other reviewers, a large group of noisy partiers drinking and smoking outside our room, and we even found a nice bloodstain on one of the bed pillows. Didn't expect a five star operation for $45 a night but wow, it was the farthest thing from being the clean and quiet place they pass it off as on their website. Owner said "no refunds", but thank goodness we paid with credit card and were able to call and get the charge canceled.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank idrankthekoolaid
Fl
Reviewed 14 March 2009

we really liked the people that ran this place. However i would have to say that they need to use bleach the next time they clean the bedding. I dont think you could say it was clean. But hey, your here to dive.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled as a couple
Trenton
Reviewed 27 May 2008

I came down from Trenton, NJ Stayed here for 2 nights and 3 days. It was a wonderful stay,nice clean, quiet and very friendly. I would recommend to family and friends and I would stay here again.

• Liked — Nice Location
  • Stayed January 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
Clermont Fl
Reviewed 5 January 2008

Stayed just for one night in order to check out the local antique shoppes. Hotel was a older hotel remodeled. For the price ($40.00) you couldn't have asked for more. The room was clean, bed was comfortable and check in couldn't have been easier . No complaints, great value for the $$

Stayed January 2008
Winston Salem, NC
Reviewed 2 July 2007

There were not many hotel options in High Springs, and we were staying for a full week. I read the other reviews here and decided to give the hotel a shot. Our first room had a very obvious (to the trained eye anyway) infestation of Bedbugs. I took a sample to the manager who claimed no one had ever complained, and he moved us to a different room. So far, I have no problems with that. The new room (one of the $55/night ones) seemed great on first glance... more than twice as large as the $40/night room, a muuuuch bigger bathroom, and a real sink next to the microwave. No apparent bedbugs either! Then we opened a cabinet door and saw a good amount of mouse poop. We don't know if it is a case of the cleaning staff never detailing, or a current problem. We decided to live with it, as there weren't any options within 10 miles. On the last night a decent sized German cockroach decided to camp out in the middle of the TV screen. Overall, with a little more cleaning and some more effective pest control, it would be a great hotel. Until then, it kind of scary.

• Liked — Low cost for a large room
  • Disliked — Level of sanitation, problems with pests
  • Stayed June 2007, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank HomeinNC
#9 of 24 in Lake City
Baymont Inn & Suites Gainesville
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Lake City
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Gainesville

Been to High Springs Country Inn? Share your experiences!