“Grady House is the place for me!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in High Springs
Grady House Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 2 High Springs B&B and Inns
Reviewed 22 October 2012

I just left my second visit with Paul and Lucie. Some friends that live in High Springs had recommended Grady House last year and am I glad! They are both wonderful people and their love for Grady House and their community shines through. The accomodations are superior and cozy. I truly feel at home. Lucie's breakfasts are superb and complimented by Paul's great sense of humor. I'll be back!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank 59Sunshine

Reviewed 8 October 2012

My husband and I enjoyed a wonderful weekend in the blue room. We were albe to walk to Great Outdoors restaurant, which was also fabulous, and we rode a scenic paved bike trail early in the morning, then enjoyed a gourmet breakfast served in the antiques-filled dining room. Decor was authentic to the historical period of the home and the innkeepers were welcoming. Sadly we had to listen to another guest who had partied too heavily and was ill all night long, but that was the only drawback to an otherwise lovely visit. We will return for sure when we are in the area!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank kat b
Reviewed 24 September 2012

Immaculate and comfortable rooms. Beautiful home and location. Breakfast was absolutely imaginative and delicious. Lucie was more than accommodating of our early schedule and had breaKfast ready early so that we could make our training class on time. She had excellent dinner and lunch recommendations for us, too. We loved it there and felt completely pampered. I would recommend this for anyone needing to visit high springs or Gainesville. I will be back just so I can have more of the sausage cheese muffins and coffee!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Sherie J
Cheyenne28, Owner at Grady House Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 6 October 2012

It was a pleasure having you in our home. The sausage muffin recipe is on our website. We hope you enjoy it with your family but still come back to visit! Paul and Lucie

Reviewed 20 September 2012

A lovely experience for 2 nights in the green room. Breakfasts are first class gourmet, expect them to fill you until dinner. The grounds at this b&b are as enjoyable as the home itself. Several sitting areas, winding paths, orchids and a koi pond all add to the natural beauty. The home is inviting and filled with "pretties" in every direction. Owner was super accommodating to our check in/out times. Large dalmations residing on premise do make themselves heard on occasion and are gorgeous and friendly. Not a deterrant for us in the least. A spa just a stone throw away...we didnt try it but reviews are positive. I would recommend Grady House for a romantic getaway, family together, or anyone looking to feel welcome and relaxed in an environment of old charm and peacefulness. I miss the green room's heavenly claw foot tub!!

• Stayed: September 2012
2  Thank Smarie43

Thank you very much for your kind words. We enjoyed having you in our home. Paul and Lucie

Reviewed 12 September 2012

My stepmom and I rented Skeet's Cottage, the stand alone home, for a Sunday check-in and Tuesday checkout. Let me first start with the positives. Both the main house and cottage are decorated beautifully and the grounds with the gazebo and walkways are wonderful. We spent time on the gazebo with afternoon snacks and drinks each day and loved it. The employees are very kind and gracious and take good care of the property. Our beds were extremely comfortable. For us, unfortunately, that is where the positive ends.
When we checked in , Paul greeted us and showed us around. Lucie wasn't available and we were very early (10am), but were told that she would take care of us when we returned at 4pm as he was going out of town. I later read that he practices law during the week - I don't know if that information is current but we never saw him again. We also only saw Lucie if it was by chance or if we asked for something. B&B's that I have gone to in the past make a big effort to entertain, get to know you, possibly have a wine/cheese time for guests to mingle. None of that here. Now to be fair, Lucie was polite and did give us a suggestion for dinner. But my personal opinion is that she has too many other businesses going on to really devote her time to the B&B. She is also a Realtor and just started a catering business - so to me her interests were elsewhere.
The other big negative is that this place is on the main road to I-75 and each morning we were woken to the crazy amount of traffic roaring down the road starting around 5:30am. We were early risers anyway so it's not a huge deal - but we didn't want to wait till 9am to eat the house breakfast so we went elsewhere. We did enjoy the home, but thought it crazy that the rear and front porches were so dirty. We had to wipe down seats and tables with wet paper towels just to use.
The town seems to have taken a big hit from the economy. Many restaurants and shops have closed, which, while unfortunate, also was a let down for our visit. We had looked forward to shopping on Main Street, but there just wasn't much there. If you come to High Springs it must be to enjoy the Sante Fe River and the springs, which we did both days and loved every minute of it.
I just don't understand how this place is rated #1 in Florida - I'd like to know who did that poll. I have been to many B&B's that far exceed this one in service. Typically I don't come down so hard on a review, but we were truly amazed at the lack of enthusiastic service. We felt more like we were staying with relatives that didn't really want us there. Please note that there are four dalmations on property. They are wonderful dogs and we are dog lovers to the end. But, maybe a B&B is not the place for barking dogs that want to eat your cheese/crackers at the gazebo. I do respect that they have rescued the dogs - very kind of Paul and Lucie.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
5  Thank litlmenz11
Cheyenne28, Owner at Grady House Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2012

We are so sorry to hear that Grady House did not meet your expectations. We strive to make all of our guests welcome and comfortable and have been extraordinarily successful in doing that in our six years here. You requested a check-in 5 hours earlier and we happily accommodated you. We offered you our full breakfast both mornings of your stay (even offering it earlier on the day of your departure), but you declined. Our testimonials give tribute to our breakfasts and we love having that time to get to know our guests, discuss their plans and offer them suggestions. We try to achieve a balance of being available but not intrusive and, except for one time when I was shopping for the inn, I was available to attend to your needs and to answer your questions. I did see you a few times during your stay but, mostly, you were away enjoying the nature of High Springs. Because of our location, we have found that an organized happy hour for guests is not appreciated because most folks are on the rivers, visiting the springs, attending games, etc. In particular, many guests who stay in the cottage, choose to stay there for the privacy, the use of their own kitchen and the chance to do their own thing. The Grady House is always stocked with tea, coffee, soft drinks, water, beer, wine and homemade cookies which all guests can enjoy at their convenience. As far as the dogs are concerned, you said you loved seeing our dogs. Despite that, I did bring them in immediately when I realized you were in the gazebo having drinks. We were chosen #1 Bed and Breakfast in Florida in a poll conducted by Florida Monthly Magazine in both 2008 and 2010. The awards are on our website and we are frankly proud of them. Again, I apologize if you were disappointed.

Reviewed 24 July 2012

We decided after getting our daughter taken care of by family and our German Shepherd and 5 cats also being cared for- to celebrate our 21st wedding anniversary! We had never been to Gainesville or points north so after googling the area, came across the Grady House! What a stroke of luck- Beautiful B & B and gorgeous grounds to walk around and destress! Lucie had called ahead to get us a reservation a couple hours after our arrival at the 'Great Outdoors' Restaurant in town (a walk of only 4 short blocks away!). That meal was fabulous and the people were very friendly and welcoming! Between Lucie's amazing breakfasts, and Paul's wonderful stories and Jeopardy info- we had a fabulous time! We were fortunate to stay in Skeets Cottage- the separate house with beautiful furnishings and a relaxing front porch with swing- all to ourselves! We will definitely go back and bring our daughter to try the Springs and the tubing! Can't wait to go back! Thanks Paul and Lucie for a wonderful weekend!

Room Tip: Any room will be wonderful- and if bringing a family-definitely recommend Skeets Cottage! Has a full...