“Amazing”

Ranked #4 of 34 Restaurants in High Springs
Price range: US$1 - US$18
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly
Description: Traditional American 50's Style Diner owned and operated by an English family. Menu range from Breakfast ( all day ) luncheon, and dinner with southern style dishes as well as some English favorites. Daily specials normally available during the week with more adventurous options at the weekends. Karaoke and Bike nights are provided on a monthly basis.
Reviewed 13 August 2013 via mobile

The service as soon as you walk in was great, everybody seems cheerful and happy to see you. We got out drinks right away and are good didn't take long at all. And it was fresh and hot when we received it and quite tasteful. And it is not expensive at all. All the servers were nice and the manager was soooo sweet and came to talk and held a conversation with us. It seems that this diner is going to be very successful and I highly recommend it.

3  Thank Szabo5

Reviewed 12 August 2013

We typically patronize this diner once or twice a year when we come down to visit family. It seems as if each time we go, the place is "under new management."

I treated our younger daughter, son-in-law, and our two grandsons to breakfast after church services on a recent Sunday morning. With a three-year old and a two-month old, we opted to sit on the patio since there was no on else out there, and we did not want to disturb anyone.

Our waitress was very pleasant. Unfortunately, she was not very efficient. Combined with the menu changes and the price increases, the experience was not a pleasant one. The "Hippy Hash" which traditionally was served with gyros, is now vegetarian. Our daughter and son-in-law asked if gyros could be added at an extra price. The waitress assured them that it could. When the food arrived, one order had the gyros, but the other did not. I went into the diner and informed the waitress of the error. She came out to take a look, and said that she would have to take the plate back to the kitchen to show them. I said that since she could see there was no gyros in one order, could she please just bring the gyros as a side, so that my daughter could continue to eat her breakfast while it was hot. She said she would se what she could do, and ultimately returned with the side order of gyros, but by that time, my daughter was virtually done with her meal.

We were short one setting of silverware and a napkin. We had to ask repeatedly for it before it arrived.

I ordered the corned beef hash, one of my favorite breakfasts. In fairness, the menu does say that their version is corned beef mixed with hash browns, but I still didn't expect that it would be a slice of corned beef that started out so thin that it had only one side, and was then chopped and sprinkled into the hash browns. In a word, "awful."

Then the waitress went AWOL. Never checked to see how everything was, or if we wanted more coffee. From the time that we all finished until our waitress returned, my daughter had time to take our new infant grandson out to the car and nurse him.

Would I go again when we come down later this year? Probably, but I hope that there is a new sign that once again announces that the place is "Under New Management."

2  Thank Daddigee
Reviewed 6 August 2013 via mobile

Since the diner went under new management they have only been getting better, the service is great and the management is doing a great job as they are staying open while changing menus and more. They are having many events, such as the recently passed bike night and the upcoming karaoke night and grand re-opening! I will definitely be going back and showing up to the events! I ordered the buffalo chicken sandwich, which is my personal favorite on the menu! Love The Diner!!

1  Thank Pug1223
Reviewed 4 August 2013

The building itself is a sight to see, very retro both inside and out. Elvis stands guard near the door, across from the jukebox. The pink neon lighting makes everything seem a bit surreal. We decided to try out the latest incarnation of this restaurant (formerly The Springs, formerly Fleetwood, formerly Floyd's...) now known as The Diner. It is a fun place to eat but certainly not fine dining. Breakfast is served all day plus there are burgers, sandwiches, salads, and appetizers. I ordered a gyro and it came with cole slaw and fries. The food itself was a very solid average. I will probably dine here again but will try something else, perhaps a burger or the Hippie Hash.

1  Thank May B
Reviewed 25 July 2013

I remember going here from time of construction until recently, and went back to see if it was back up to par. It still looks neat but the kitchen is not back up to the old quality. Prices are reasonable and service is okay, but I won't go out of my way to eat here. They do have wine and beer again, but the selection is limited.