Delray Sands Resort on Highland Beach
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
Wright by the Sea(Delray Beach)
View Hotel
Residence Inn Boca Raton(Boca Raton)
Sundy House(Delray Beach)
  • Pool
View Hotel
All reviewsholiday innvalet parkingprivate beachresort feeonsite restauranthot tubpool viewvalet servicepoolside baroceanfront roomsouth floridaan umbrellaboca ratonlounge chairsatlantic avenuehotel guestsbeach service
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 5 May 2014

I think until February of 2014 this was a Holiday Inn. Now it is not and I think that is for the good. The beach is private and they work hard to keep it that way. The only downside was the restaurant, I'll review that separately. As for the hotel, the beach location is everything and for that I give it five stars!

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank makatowa
Reviewed 4 May 2014

The secret amidst millionaire row. Where to start..My family has been coming here every Easter vacation for 6 years. This was the first edition of the Delray Sands from the original Holiday Inn. The staff is fantastic. Same staff, which shows that people are happy in their jobs AND that they are taken care of. There are too many to name. Cristina, Ludmilla, Haque, Claus, Lisa, Chess, Yves, Rebecca, Roberto - and on and on. All of them including Rick, the GM, and Dino, the F&B Mgr, treats us like VIPs. The accommodations are clean and comfortable. The pool and the beach are perfect. The food is 5 star.

Room Tip: Oceanfront are few and premium. Most others have pool and beach view.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 May 2014

This used to he a Holiday Inn Hotel........it was a hotel that won local awards of recognition and they are displayed in the lobby. Now converted, the hotel offers a pretty good deal for ocean and partial ocean view rooms with access to a private beach with free lounge chairs and cabanas. There is a pool that is fairly nice and was very quiet the days I stayed there. There is a grill and also a restaurant...I ate at the grill and the food was pretty good. There is inside and outside seating. I am not certain if there is poolside services, but there is towel service. There is a small mini mart just off the main lobby with drinks and snacks as well as sundries. Free coffee in rooms (Keurig) and also free coffee and business center services in the lobby. There is complimentary internet for guests but is is very slow. Two free bottles of water in room per day and there is a mini refrigerator. Overall, great location, good stay and good for families and business travel. I would come back and stay here again.

Room Tip: Partial ocean view is very good if you stay at least 2nd floor.....
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lorenzo95023
Reviewed 29 April 2014

I unfortunately did not have a good experience with this hotel, and will not be recommending it to any of my friends, family, or colleagues due to my experience. I had seen this hotel while vacationing in the area when it was still a Holiday Inn, and when I was returning to the area for business I decided to try it out now that it is Delray Sands Resort. I booked my hotel room directly through the hotel's website, just 2 days before my arrival. When I went to check-in, I was being told that due to a "rate change" I was going to be charged more ($100+). I don't know what could have possibly changed within the 2 days prior to my arrival. Trying to resolve this, the customer service at the front desk was horrible. I unfortunately spent the majority of my free time standing at the front desk trying to explain how all I wanted was to pay for my CONFIRMED rate on my reservation. The staff went to great lengths to continuously try to prove me wrong for the 2 short days I was there. After the first night of this, I was promised the front desk manager would take care of it and it and it would be resolved in the morning. Of course, this did not happen. On top of these issues, although my room had a great view, the only thing that was updated was the bedding. The bathroom was not updated at all. They require you to valet, and please note the "resort fee" they charge in addition to the room rate. When I ate at the restaurant, it was so understaffed that my waitress had to apologize for "neglecting me." This property has great potential, but the overall customer service and management of the hotel needs serious improvement. To call this a resort is a real stretch. I would not recommend to anyone looking for the top notch service and accommodations they would probably be expecting with the price and the name.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
6  Thank indcc2014
Reviewed 29 April 2014

I stayed there for a week for my business trip in April and its was a excellent property. I enjoyed my morning breakfast but the dinner was not that great. Rooms are comfortable but need to be worked upon a bit.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business