“Great place”

80 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 64 helpful votes
“Great place”
Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

I go to run on the trails throughout the park. The trails are fun to run on through the trees and around the park.

Visited July 2014
1 Thank Ribs M

FL
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 115 helpful votes
“Disappointment”
Reviewed 23 July 2014

I arrived around 9:30 on a weekday morning with my grandchildren and we were all excited about taking the 11 a.m. Loxahatchee River boat tour. The woman at the gate informed me the 11 a.m. tour was sold out, but that the 1 p.m. tour was still available. I paid the entrance fee and decided to purchase the tickets for the 1 p.m. tour and come back later. Upon arriving at the ticket counter, a rather unpleasant man informed me the 1 p.m. tour was completely full but we could go on the 3 p.m. tour. I did not want to go on the 3 p.m. tour because it was my understanding it was a shorter tour that left out significant areas of interest. I told the ticket employee that before we paid our entrance fee; I was assured that tickets for the 1 p.m. tour were still available. He made it clear that he could not care less. Needless to say, my grandchildren were greatly disappointed and I paid an entrance fee for nothing.

Visited February 2014
5 Thank eatoutoftenfl
Florida
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Great Conoe Place”
Reviewed 6 July 2014

We visit the park because of the opportunity of Canoeing in the river. It was amazing! We got there right when the Visitor Complex open to rent the canoes, so the river was completely empty. The staff was great at explaining us the route and the map. The canoes and kayaks are in good shape the also provide all the life jacket (including for kids). We took our lunch with us, and stop at the Trapper Nelson area (where he used to live) for lunch. We saw manatees, birds and their nest, gators, and fish. On our way back, the river was full of canoes, kayaks, and small boats My recommendation is to go as early as possible, because the canoes and kayaks are limited, and because the less people the calmer the river is.

Visited May 2014
4 Thank califun019
New Port Richey, Florida
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“Great Place to Camp”
Reviewed 19 June 2014

I've been camping at Jonathan Dickinson Park for years and have never been disappointed. First, the camp is big rig friendly with large parking and camping areas. Clean restrooms are always a plus. If you want to go fishing or boating, there is a boat rental area or boat ramp just a few miles away in the park. Second, the park is just a few miles from the beautiful Atlantic ocean with, again, plenty of free parking in Jupiter along A1A. Finally, for Florida residents 65 or older, there is a 50% discount on camping fees. A two week stay will cost about $200. Can't beat that. Make your reservations on line. It couldn't be easier.

Visited June 2014
6 Thank dhimber2
Tallahassee, Florida
169 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 161 helpful votes
“Top Spot”
Reviewed 14 June 2014 via mobile

A vast scrub land with hidden treasures. Well placed camp sites, well maintained bathroom facilities. An informative education center. Lots of trails that are easy to walk/bike. Remember to bring bug spray the sand gnats and no see ums can get a little fierce.

There are plenty of options for both the type of camping experience you desire (cabins to primitive sites) and activities for children.

Visited June 2014