“This place gets better all the time”

Holiday Hotel & Resort
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Holiday
Tampa, Florida
“This place gets better all the time”
Reviewed 2 March 2013

We travel through out florida all the time for business, we have stayed in nearly all the 50.00 per room hotels in the Holiday, New Port Richey & Port Richey area.I admit I was dubious in booking here until I called to make the Booking. I spoke with the manager personally a pleasant gentleman, explaining the hotel was under new ownership and management and improvements were constant. I booked and guess what? all was as he said, super helpful friendly staff, NO BUGS more than I can say about the others I've stayed in around the area, clean fresh rooms Yes THERE IS A LOT of work going on and more to be done, but underneath and beginning to come to the surface is the grand ol damme she used to be!
This is my 3rd stay and I won't book anywhere else in the area from Clearwater to Hudson!
I feel this is the best hotel for the money in the north Pinellas & Pasco area you can find!
What I love the most is central heat & air in every room no moldy under window units!
Great value, I felt safe and comfortable, no signs of the drug dealers you see at the others!
Restaurant on premises, a lounge with entertainment, clean bug free rooms some completely redone and beautiful A gorgeous pool! 5 stars on effort & service and 3 stars on amenities, though they tell me more are on the way.

Room Tip: Pool side is the best view!
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Tarpon Springs, Florida
Reviewed 22 October 2012

I live nearby and just wanted to provide a partial update. For more than a month I have seen crews there, railings being replaced, doors all open on the Hiway wing with painters in evidence. Pretty much everything other reviewers have said was true for years but now it looks like the new owners may be improving the facility. I plan to visit the property soon and take a look personally to see if the manager is correctly responding to us. It is close enough to my home that if improved it would be convenient for our Winter visitors.

Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
8 Thank Tony L
Michele A, Front Office Manager at Holiday Hotel & Resort, responded to this review, 23 November 2012
Thank you, Tony for seeing we are remodeling. Just to give everyone a quick update. The first floor rooms are newly painted and have travertine tile. The second floor is being painted and will have new carpet soon. The owner just bought 20 rooms full of furniture, TV, lamps, bedding...everything you can think of, but the carpet from the Disney hotel in Orlando. Within this week the bar will be opening back up and soon after that the restaurant. When the bar is open guests can order drinks from their room and will be delivered right to their door. How awesome is that service?? =) We are slowly painting the outside of the hotel, because its actually hard to pick colors that represent the persona we want to excude to our guests. Do we want to be tropical or do we want to homey... Who knows, but in the end it will look great! We are sorry for anything that has happened in the past, but it is no longer like that. We are like a family here and will treat you the same way.

Travellers are raving about these Holiday hotels

Holiday, Florida
Reviewed 20 April 2012

As a resident of Holiday, Fl we all know that the Taihitian Resort is falling a part and is such an eye sore. This place is unsafe and unhealthy. People have gone their to commit suicide and there are drug and prostitution activities going on there. The building should be condemned and destroyed! I gave it one star because that was the lowest I could give it. The Pasco Co Board of Commisioners should have it condemned and leveled as soon as possible for the safety of "guests" and the general public of the area.

Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
8 Thank se s
Michele P, Front Office Manager at Holiday Hotel & Resort, responded to this review, 28 August 2012
I am sorry you were not happy with our hotel. Things have been changing for the better and once the renovations are done, I would love if you would come and stay with us again. We have had new owners since April 11,2012 and it has been non-stop working to make this place better than it once was.
Reviewed 23 March 2012

We arrived they screwed up our reservation... 2 fulls instead a king. Our room had outdated broken white washed furniture... Sparkled holes in the wall, nothing like photos!!! Staff was extremely rude and stupid. Dont waste your money!

• Stayed March 2012
6 Thank Siouxzane
I am sorry you were not happy with our hotel. However, I think you have us mistaken with some other hotel because we do not have white washed furniture. What the pictures show on here are what is in the rooms. I extend my apologies regardless.
SoCal
Reviewed 23 November 2011

After an all-night drive we were beat and needed a place to rest. Tahitian Resort? That sounds nice. Pulled in to the lot...hmmm, looks sketchy but decide to give it a shot anyway. Super-low rate for a room with 2 double beds. Uh-oh. Maybe it's an off-season price? We still hope. Get in the room. Oh my gosh. Kids, don't touch ANYTHING! Immediately checked the beds. Moved the mattress. BEDBUGS!! Checked the heck out of there! Do NOT let the nice-sounding name fool you, this is a DUMP! Run!

• Stayed November 2011
11 Thank TheMajorsWife
I apologize for your stay. I was not working here when you stayed here, but I will say it is not like that now. We have had a lot of problems with the old owners and they let the hotel be ran into the ground. We, however, have been working non-stop since April to fix up the rooms we have available and definitely fix the rooms that were not in use. This will be a better hotel once the new owner is done with all the renovations.
New York City, New York
Reviewed 11 October 2011

I went at night time around 2am the front desk was sleeping he sent me i n room where already some guest was sleeping so we came back he give us other key for room we went to the room it was very dark dirty bathroom was dirty i done through internet so non refunable so i stay there when in morning i went to frontdesk to complain the whole spanish family fighting like dogs it scare me 4 or five people no body give me any response so i went back to my haunted room then again evening i went to the front desk there was a very nice lady with smiling face i thought she own that business but she told me she work here which i dont belive she was vey nice and kind and change my room and feel sorry for every things according to me she is diamond in haunted hotel her kind words was short and easy to speak but her echoes are truly endless ,i told her the crazy fighting of spinish employee but she give me million doller smile wht a pretty lady i think she was from middle east but to me hotel shape is very bad and employee are very bad only that lady and night boy GOD BLESS THEM

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
6 Thank tar t
I don't know who you are talking about since I have only been here since February 22, 2012 but, all of our employees now are just as helpful as the lady you are raving about. I would love if you would stay with us again.
Branford, Florida
Reviewed 19 July 2011

From the nice girl at the desk to the inability to open the door we were assigned to, the whole experience is one big fiasco. The walls, the doors have peeling paint....the atmosphere is "down in the dumps". The observed clientele is very low class and the long time maintenance man said it is "run down" from when we last stayed there in the 90's. The girl at the desk admitted SHE would not stay there and that the owners were interested in income without any outgo. We would be afraid of leaving our car unattended overnight and so we got a refund on our money and went elsewhere. What a shame, it used to be so 5 star. Now not even 1 star. The room we were assigned would not open so we returned with the key (card) to the front desk and the girl went with us and tried to open the door. Gee she said, I guess somebody already is in there!!!

Need I say more....

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
7 Thank charly087
I have heard many, many stories like the one you just described. i am so sorry for your stay. All I can say is that we have new owners since April 11, 2012. Nothing but renovations being done. Please come check us out again.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Holiday
Fairfield Inn & Suites Holiday Tarpon Springs
#2 of 3 in Palm Harbor
Rodeway Inn
Rodeway Inn
#4 of 7 in New Port Richey

Been to Holiday Hotel & Resort? Share your experiences!