“You pay for what you get” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Hotel & Resort

Holiday Hotel & Resort
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Holiday
Long Eaton, United Kingdom
“You pay for what you get”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 October 2013

Bad choice for a two night stay, this hotel was booked online in the UK a long time before we went out to the US and hopes were high.
Sadly when we arrived after a full day in Busch gardens I knew this was going to be intresting, we had planed to to spend a little time in the pool to relax but when my daughter and I went down all you got was a large guy boozing and several of his kids running riot and the mum swearing all the time, at this point we went over to the beach which is nice.
When we returned to the room for the rest of the evning until arround midnight all we got was constant noise on the balcony out side our room with several people on mobile phones arguing, and road noise which was constant.

Room Tip: Tip. not this motel
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Carlos F

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2013 via mobile

AC went out in the house couple weeks after I had my shoulder surgery.I was told on the phone the room would only be $50.For $60 I could get a flat screen TV so I figured what the hell.Room had a flat screen TV but the room was filthy.Nasty 20 year old beds.The tile floors hadn't seen a mop I don't think since they have been installedNo refund or offer for a different room.You can put a flat screen TV in an out house but its still an outhouse.

• Stayed July 2013
3 Thank marklegei

Travellers are raving about these Holiday hotels

Grove City, Ohio
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2013

We had to find a place to spend a night that would take our pet since we got to Florida a day ahead of schedule. We were put in a non-renovated room since we had a dog, which is understandable. Room was outdated, but had a clean bed and clean sheets. We are heading back to Florida in July and are looking forward to seeing how much has been done since we were there. Enjoyed the lounge being next to the pool, too!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Lori C
Sussex, New Jersey
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2013

the pool and outside look good ,but looks can be deceiving oh my god i have never seen such a dirty room and hotel / fat smelly security guard OMG never again . we left after 10 minutes and werent refunded .

Room Tip: quality inn
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank cmat420
Lexington
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2013

I stayed in an upgraded room. Trash on floor, no tissues, one wash soap bars, wall needing to be repaired, lights did not work. The staff was annoyingly stupid but politely so. Was told that breakfast was available after 11AM. Drug deals witnessed. Noisy and just plain "toxic" I understand the manager had just been fired and assume some homeless beggar was filling in. My advice is to either go further south or north but put distance between you and this dump.. On the plus side there were no dead rodents found....

Room Tip: Go someplace else
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank Tanya P
Michele A, Front Office Manager at Holiday Hotel & Resort, responded to this review, 18 May 2013
I am sorry you did not enjoy your stay. We are still under remodeling. These are the problems we need to know about so we can fix the problems as they arise. I would greatly appreciate it if you gave us another chance.
Tarpon Springs, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2013

Stopped and wandered the property and indeed the upgrades and improvements are ongoing just as the manager said. Saw workers on the second floor carrying out carpet (the dumpster was full of old carpet) and painters working. I live nearby and have not stayed there but lots of people are because the parking area was pretty full. I believe the review by traveling B is probably right about the transients and others having moved on as I saw no signs that they might be a problem.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Tony L
Tampa, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2013

We travel through out florida all the time for business, we have stayed in nearly all the 50.00 per room hotels in the Holiday, New Port Richey & Port Richey area.I admit I was dubious in booking here until I called to make the Booking. I spoke with the manager personally a pleasant gentleman, explaining the hotel was under new ownership and management and improvements were constant. I booked and guess what? all was as he said, super helpful friendly staff, NO BUGS more than I can say about the others I've stayed in around the area, clean fresh rooms Yes THERE IS A LOT of work going on and more to be done, but underneath and beginning to come to the surface is the grand ol damme she used to be!
This is my 3rd stay and I won't book anywhere else in the area from Clearwater to Hudson!
I feel this is the best hotel for the money in the north Pinellas & Pasco area you can find!
What I love the most is central heat & air in every room no moldy under window units!
Great value, I felt safe and comfortable, no signs of the drug dealers you see at the others!
Restaurant on premises, a lounge with entertainment, clean bug free rooms some completely redone and beautiful A gorgeous pool! 5 stars on effort & service and 3 stars on amenities, though they tell me more are on the way.

Room Tip: Pool side is the best view!
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Holiday
Fairfield Inn & Suites Holiday Tarpon Springs
#2 of 4 in Tarpon Springs
Rodeway Inn
Rodeway Inn
#3 of 7 in New Port Richey

Been to Holiday Hotel & Resort? Share your experiences!