“2 Words - Lechon Asado”

Mestizas Mexican Restaurant
Price range: US$6 - US$16
Cuisines: Cuban, Mexican
Reviewed 18 March 2014

Two of us stopped for lunch, my Cuban sandwich was OK, but my wife's selection - - lechon asado ( slow-cooked marinated pork) was perhaps the best I have eaten. I hunt & eat a lot of wild hogs, and my neighbor raises domestic hogs, this is going to be my must-perfect-it recipe! The place is very casual, service is superb. Very large menu selection of both Cuban & Mexican dishes.

1  Thank rockycomfort

Reviewed 4 March 2014

Great little store-front restaurant on US 1 (Ridgewood Ave) in Holly Hill. Good selection of Mexican and Cuban dishes. Staff tries very hard to ensure everything is good.

1  Thank Daytona_Mac
Reviewed 6 January 2014

Tried 5 dishes and they were all very mild. If you prefer Americanized Mexican then you'll like it here. If you like more spice/flavor this is not the place. Red salsa almost like a marinara. Very good refried beans, best thing here.

2  Thank Joe M
Reviewed 16 November 2013

Stopped in while working in the area and met with my family. Fast with the drinks. Fast with the chips and salsa. Food came out very quickly. I had the combo with beef taco, chicken tamal, and beef flauta. Comes with rice and beans. The beef is like steak - not ground. Some had a blackened and crunchy texture to it. Very tasty. Not salty. Very fresh tomatoes. Chicken was cut more than shredded in texture. All 3 of us thoroughly enjoyed our meals. Drinks refilled in a timely manner. Polite efficient service. Too stuffed for dessert. Most dinners are between 8 and 10 bucks.

1  Thank Phil H
Reviewed 4 October 2013

Family run, great food, great value, superb service. Don't miss this...help these folks launch their business and have a great meal!!! Authentic (not chain restaurant) dishes.