WalkAbout Beach Resort
US$85
Hollywood Beachside Boutique Suites(Hollywood)(Great Value!)
US$120
US$180
US$237
US$196
  • Pool
Beach Rooms Inn - Hollywood Beach(Hollywood)(Great Value!)
US$133
Riptide Hotel(Hollywood)
US$158
US$134
  • Beachfront
Hollywood Beach Suite and Hotel(Hollywood)(Great Value!)
US$113
US$99
US$335
US$312
All reviewstower roomstayed in room numberfabulous stayhighly recommend staying herecomforts of homenice tiki barliving roomfew stepsbroad walksmall kitchenbest kept secretlive musicbars and restaurantsking bedhollywood boardwalkfort lauderdalesherry
Reviewed 18 May 2011

The Walkabout Hotel, represents a different era. An Era when the location of a Guest House, or Hotel was everything. This Hotel sits on one of the best beaches in the world, with no obstacles between the front door and the Atlantic. The prevailing breezes coming on shore, create light surf and refreshing air movement. The service is great, the Art Deco hotel is functional with a flair towards the elegant and exotic. This hotel probably should have been lost to progress, but miracles do happen, and we were fortunate enough to be able to share the sand, sea, blue skies, and palm trees with those who preceded us. We will return as soon as time permits, and until then we want to thank both Gina and Sherry.

Room Tip: The 2nd floor offers the best Ocean View
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank George H
Reviewed 10 May 2011

We just stayed here and it was fantastic. My whole family stayed there and we took up 6 of the rooms. Staff was great! Very clean hotel. It's an old-school Florida type of place. Nice tables in the courtyard area to have your breakfast, people watch or whatever.

I would highly recommend it.

Room Tip: Room 5 and 4 were my favorite rooms.
Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Bahamadreamer
Reviewed 5 May 2011

My boyfriend and I stayed at the walkabout for a week and cannot wait to go back. We travel to FL at least 6 times a year with his job and have stayed at many places, but this is by far the best place and will definatly be staying there again. The staff is very accomidating, rooms are immaculate, and hasan amazing view of the beach. Also, cant forget the great Tiki bar with the Pina Coladas!! I would highly reccomend WalkAbout Beach resort for anyone looking to have a perfect stay in Hollywood,FL.
Vanessa~ Boston MA

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 May 2011

We went there for a family vacation, as soon as I walked into the room (#7), I knew I made the right decision. It was so clean and welcoming, the pictures on the website just show a glimpse of what is really there. The view was unbelievable, breathtaking. My kids who are 3 and 6 years old just loved the live music and the freedom they had roaming the property. THE STAFF especially Sherry is what made this vacation complete. Will definately be back every year.

Room Tip: all rooms are great
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 February 2011

The Walkabout Beach Resort is not a resort at all, but rather a hotel room. We stayed there for three nights, but I would never stay there again. The room was spacious enough for two people and was very clean. We did have a view of the ocean, although it was mostly blocked by the tiki bar. There is no fitness center, pool, or lounge chairs to relax in, just hard wooden chairs around the bar. There is no restaurant at the hotel; you have to go elsewhere for a cup of coffee. There was a refrigerator & microwave in the room, but no hair dryer, iron, or alarm clock. When we checked in, I went into an extra small office where a woman told me our room number and said the keys were in the room. When I asked her where the room was, she looked at me very strangely and told me down there. She ended up having to get the keys from another employee, since the room was locked otherwise we would have had to find our own way. Whenever I saw this person (who I believe was the owner) I truly felt like I was bothering her. She was the most unfriendly hotel person I have ever come in contact with; I never saw her smile once. She would occasionally wave while on the cell phone, but most of the time she totally ignored me. I would much rather have stayed somewhere that had a few amenities and a pleasant atmosphere. Also there are only four actual parking spaces, so be prepared to pay extra to park your car.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Judee512
gmk713, Manager at WalkAbout Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2012

Dear Customer,

We do not advertise the following: pool, fitness center, restaurant.

The person which your making reference to no longer works at our hotel, I apologize on her behalf.

We do offer complimentary parking at the Marriot garage which is next to our hotel.