The location on the Broadwalk could not be better - right on the beach, yet on a quiet spot of the walk that's more family-friendly. The staff are amazingly hospitable and the rooms were immaculate and renovated beautifully. There's all new furniture, new beds, plasma screens hung on walls (in the 1bedroom , you'll have a plasma in the bedroom and the living room). If you like to relax with a drink or cool yourself off in the middle of a hot day, the tiki bar is the perfect place to visit. You can pull up to the bar in the shade of the grass roof and watch the turquoise waves.
In the winter months there's a trolley that stops 20 feet from the hotel that costs a dollar for riding all day, which takes you to the amazing downtown Hollywood, where there are loads of restaurants and lots of music and entertainment right on the streets. A perfect place for dinner.
By the way, you cannot possibly stay here without having breakfast at Giorgio's Bakery on the Intercoastal Waterway. It's about a 15-minute walk and well worth it. Cheap food, lots of seats with amazing water views.
As for other restaurants, the famous "Le Tub" wasn't all that great.
Again, you cannot beat the price, the view, the service and the impeccable cleanliness, all of which for a place that, if any closer to the beach, the waves would lap at its foundation! (by the way, we looked at a lot of small, privately-owned hotels while we were there, many of which with websites proclaiming to be amazing and ocean-front. don't believe everything you read; most are not amazing, nor beach front).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The WalkAbout Beach Resort is a cozy family-owned and operated hotel located ON THE BROADWALK in Hollywood Beach, Florida. Our boutique, 8-room hotel was built in 1950, and it is one of the last remaining beachfront hotels designed in the Art Deco style.Our guests enjoy a wide array of amenities that include: ocean front rooms, a large tiki bar in our courtyard, seating alongside the Hollywood broadwalk, scenic views of the beach, nearby shops and restaurants, free wifi, free cable, on-site washer/dryer, live music, and fresh linens daily. Our staff is extremely friendly and professional, and we are always nearby to assist with any special requests. Hollywood Beach is one of the premier beach destinations in the world. The city provides twenty-one lifeguard towers and eight first-aid stations. An icon of Art Moderne architecture on Hollywood Beach’s famed Broadwalk, The Walkabout Beach Resort, is a classic 1940’s boutique hotel. Those who have visited claim it has the perfect blend of characteristics: chic, warm and inviting, glamorous, and tastefully modernized.To experience The Walkabout Beach Resort, is to experience Hollywood Beach at its best. In keeping with its classic style, eight oceanfront guest rooms are immaculately styled with the elegance of another era – wooden and terrazzo floors, interiors with rich textures, soft pink monochromatic colors, and decorations with a nod to its illustrious past mark the furnishings. Each room is adorned with vintage black and white photographs cataloguing Hollywood’s social history dating back to the 1920’s. When you stay at The Walkabout, discover its delightful Art Moderne ambiance and see how its past has been preserved to its original beauty. The Walkabout is known for its remarkable beachfront setting and legendary Hollywood Beach, Florida hotel location - on the Broadwalk. Named one of America's best beach Broadwalks by Travel + Leisure, the Hollywood Beach Broadwalk is more than 2 miles long, sizzling with energy that embodies the diversity Hollywood Beach stands for - bustling sidewalk cafes, unique shops, multi-hued streamline Art Moderne buildings, and unforgettable ocean views. Step out from the Broadwalk and spend the day settled on white sands, by a glistening ocean on one of South Florida’s most beautiful beaches. Still, the most popular pastime on the beach is simply savoring the charming character of this truly unique setting, so reserve a day for relaxing to the sound of soothing waves. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Hotels.com and Ebookers so you can book your WalkAbout Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Walkabout Beach Hotel Hollywood
- Walk About Beach Hollywood
- WalkAbout Beach Resort Hollywood, Florida