Riptide Hotel(Hollywood)(Great Value!)
US$142
US$134
  • Beachfront
Holiday Inn Ft. Lauderdale Airport(Hollywood)(Great Value!)
US$131
US$109
US$212
US$189
Savings alert! 28% below average rates

The price you found is 28% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$263/night.

Hollywood Beachside Boutique Suites(Hollywood)(Great Value!)
US$119
US$97
Hotels.com
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$110/night.

US$92
US$84
The Mint(Hollywood)(Great Value!)
US$148
US$120
Beach Rooms Inn - Hollywood Beach(Hollywood)(Great Value!)
US$94
Hotels.com
Hollywood Beach Suite and Hotel(Hollywood)(Great Value!)
US$96
US$87
US$198
Cancelon
US$292
  • Beachfront
All reviewstower roomstayed in room numberfabulous stayhighly recommend staying hereliving roomcomforts of homenice tiki barfirst floorbroad walksmall kitchenthree nightslive musicbeautiful beachbars and restaurantsking bedhollywood boardwalkboard walk
Reviewed 30 July 2017

Me, my wife and our 15 & 16 year old kids stayed July 18 thru the 25 of 2017.

1st the people :
Veronica:
What a great person to represent your business ! (pay attention owners)
Well...all the good reviews all over the web saying “Veronica this, Veronica that” are true.
From the first call to see about a reservation she was great on the phone; answered all questions with a great attitude and no rush to hang up. I called back later that same day and ask for a manager or owner to give her a good review, I was then I found out she was the manager.. Oh well, I hope the owner reads reviews.
When we got there (and every time we saw her) she was all smiles and in a great mood; ready do do more than we ask. She and the the man who, I think, is the handyman helped the four of us to get all our luggage to the wonderful room. She also helped with directions, restaurant recommendations and anything we ask or needed. Every time she saw us walk by the office she would bounce, yes bounce out and ask how things are and what could she do help.

The two ladies who took care of our room, supplies and cleaning:
Sorry I do not remember their names, I was only told once when I ask Veronica for a couple envelopes to leave them a tip. Any way, they were both very nice, professional and always smiling. One had an accent, maybe German or Austrian, I don't know but I think she had a son in the service(thank you sir!). The other was a cheerfully blushing black lady who even offered to launder some of our personal clothing (we stayed eight days). She, I think Veronica said had just had a newborn (best wishes to the child and family!).

2nd the place:
I had a hard time calling this a “hotel”; it only has eight rooms and looks more like a fancy well maintained house on the beach. Just what we wanted; no big crowds.
Straight out of the classy 20s but with today's amenities (air conditioning!). I wish I would have taken several pictures but it was: dump the luggage and straight to the ocean. They should show you more pictures and a floor-plan drawing or better yet videos on their website; unlike most places they have nothing to hide! Every thing was clean (my number one priority).
We stayed in room number 8 of the eight room hotel. We were on the second floor, up one of the two classy semi-spiral stairways, closest to the ocean; the most prominent room in all of the exterior pictures you will see on the web (the top right with the curve). That curved area of the room is a nice sized living room (WOW ! what a view from all the windows) it has a hide-a-bed couch and a nice big screen TV. Attached is a small eating nook large enough for five people to have a meal. The thru the hallway door you go into the kitchen. The kitchen has a mid-sized refrigerator/freezer, sink, microwave and a few small appliances, no stove. The only thing we used was the refrigerator/freezer for drinks and a few snacks. We ate out most of the time. Next is the bathroom: small but all you need: A sink, toilet and a tub with shower. The tub/shower is a traditional tub and a removable hand shower. No hot tub jets, but who could ever want that when you are steps from the waves ?! The water heater is small, although we never ran out. Next is the bedroom: The bedroom is bigger than we expected. There is plenty of room even with a king size bed for dressing and walking around. There is a good sized big screen TV there also. The bed has a wonderfully comfortable mattress and big nice pillows. The large window for that room does give a good view of the court yard, Tiki bar and the ocean, just be sure to close the blinds at night as the walk way is right there. The outside of the hotel is well maintained and is now white and light green. At night it has green accent lighting. Nothing we saw was in disrepair.

What is not there and not needed are: No deck – the courtyard, benches and Tiki bar are at the bottom of the steps. No grill – why would you want to grill with great restaurants all down the broad-walk? No pool – did you know you are at the beach with an ocean ?

3rd the location:
Wow, Wow, Wow did I say Wow ?
We flew from Tennessee into Fort Lauderdale and then had a short Uber ride to the hotel. It is one block off the main highway by the Marriott. You actually drive up to the rear of the property, that is where the office is. As soon as you get out of the car you see the beach and it hits you “time to relax”. There is nowhere from that point on that you do not see the ocean. We were happily greeted by Veronica then taken thru the courtyard up the winding staircase to our room.
I spent a month searching and reading reviews for what part of Florida to visit and then where to stay and then where to eat and what to do. I settled on Hollywood because it down in south and that helped assure warm weather no matter what. Also, I had been told Miami and Fort Lauderdale are not as safe. Reading the crime statistics and other reviews Hollywood seemed to be a safe place; it was. I would not have had a worry leaving our bag on the boardwalk and coming back later to see it in the same place or some one chasing me down say that I had left it. It seems to be a more mature area not any partying going on, although they do have concerts at theater down the beach. The hotel is toward the northern end of the broadwalk where it is less populated and mainly just hotels, but just two minute walk gets you down to where the shops and restaurants are. From the last step of our stairway it is two steps to the broadwalk, cross the thirty or so feet of it and you are in the sand. Use Google maps to see how close to the water you will be. The “broad” walk by the way is a brick paved area about thirty feet or so wide by several miles long between the beach and the hotels, shops and restaurants. No motorized vehicles are allowed. The beach and broadwalk are well kept by the city night and day. The police patrol there during the day and at night we never saw or heard anything negative.

Bottom line:
We loved the “hotel”, the employees and the location !
We plan to return as soon as possible.

Jay

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank jaylfreeman
Reviewed 25 July 2017

What can I say about one of my favorite places to stay in Hollywood Beach, FL?
It's marvelous!!

We had another fabulous stay!

We love the fact that you don't get a room, you get more: Like a kitchenette with a fridge and a microwave.

In our case, we booked room 8, which is a one bedroom apartment with a super comfortable king bed, a large living area and breakfast nook with an expansive view of the beach and the boardwalk. The best part is that you can set up your own beach umbrella or rent one of the canopies on the beach literally 30 feet or so from your door.

By the way, the on-property tiki bar makes is very convenient to enjoy the best Margaritas this side of Key West!

The room was spotless and the staff was - as always - friendly and accommodating. They make you feel like family. They also treat you like you own the place.

I highly recommend the Walkabout for your next vacation!

Room Tip: Every room is great but our preferred choice is Room 8. Large, airy, quiet and great views.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ElizabethDMia
Reviewed 18 July 2017

A very nice boutique hotel located directly on the broadwalk of Hollywood Beach, over looking the ocean. The room was very clean, cheery and decorated nicely. There were plenty of towels and had all the comforts of home in our suite. Veronica was very hospitable. I give this place a very high recommendation.

Stayed: July 2017
1  Thank Sharon W
Reviewed 25 April 2017

This was our first time staying in Hollywood beach. We wanted to be in the beach and wanted to be able to walk to bars and restaurants. Upon searching the web we like to stay in quaint old style hotels we are not a fan of large chain hotels. If you are searching for a place like I described this place I'd for you. Upon calling the hotel to make a reservation I had some questions. The staff could not have been more helpful. We selected the tower room on the second floor. It was clean, has been updated and has a nice kitchenette. The view is fantastic. Again the staff is so friendly, helpful and accomadating. They have a tiki bar in front with some live entertainment. We will definitely come back again

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Teresa C
WalkaboutBeachResort, Manager at WalkAbout Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 27 April 2017

We so enjoyed having you Teresa. We look forward to your next visit!
Veronica and The Walkabout Staff

Reviewed 3 April 2017

Stayed one night here when flight home was cancelled due to bad weather. Veronica was so sweet and welcomed us even though it was only one night. Walked across from the Marriott which is right next door. Our room was clean and bright and included small kitchen area and large living area. Bedroom was roomy also, with king bed. Very pretty furnishings,. Plenty of beach chairs. Fun Tiki bar and live music, but rooms are very quiet. Hope to stay here again for a longer stay.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple