WalkAbout Beach Resort
Orbitz.com
US$318
US$290
US$95
Beach Rooms Inn - Hollywood Beach(Hollywood)(Great Value!)
US$88
Riptide Hotel(Hollywood)
US$134
US$120
  • Beachfront
All reviewstower roomstayed in room numberfabulous stayhighly recommend staying herecomforts of homenice tiki barliving roomfew stepsbroad walksmall kitchenbest kept secretlive musicbars and restaurantsking bedhollywood boardwalkfort lauderdalesherry
Reviewed 15 January 2010

The location on the Broadwalk is awesome. It's just north of the bandstand, so it's not too crazy-loud, but there's still activity and plenty of people-watching to be had. The room was immaculately clean, very nicely decorated, and had amazing views (we stayed in one of the tower suites). The Tiki Bar was great--good beer on tap, and friendly locals. They had a couple of guys playing live music right under our window, so it was like being serenaded. Plus, the music was really good! We walked up and down the Broadwalk, and many other hotel bars also had musicians, but the ones at Walk About were by far the best. The property manager, Tamera, was so sweet and very accommodating. When we arrived, she let us look at different rooms and pick the one we wanted. She also let us park behind the hotel for free since it wasn't full (normally, parking is $13/day at the Marriott next door). She also has the cutest three-legged Beagle named Tucker who is very friendly and willing to keep you company at the Tiki Bar. We happened to stay during a historic cold snap, and they provided us with a space heater without our even asking (for which we were VERY appreciative, since no buildings in Southern Florida have heat). There is no restaurant on site, but the Marriott right next store has one, as well as a Starbucks, so there's no need to go very far if you don't want to. We definitely plan to return and hope to bring friends. HIGHLY recommend this hotel!!

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 January 2010

Nicely located on the beach. The Tiki bar seems to be mostly friendly regulars. I forgot a shirt and a sportcoat and have been trying to get them to send it for over a month. I told them I would pay someone to do it, and to just stuff it in a small box, plus I left a generous tip in the room for housekeeping..........I was very low maintenance. I don't understand it, and everyone seemed so nice. I wouldn't recommend the place and I would never stay there again simply because of their inattention to helping me. I stayed 5 days and it wasn't cheap.
Everytime I call I get an answering machine. One time I called, I got a previous owner who was rude and whined about the new owners not changing the phone number. I think this is just a typical case of "we're on the beach, we have a tiki bar, and everybody loves us"......screw the service. Lots of place to stay on Hollywood Beach, place that have amenities.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled solo
1  Thank ramblinman
Reviewed 15 September 2009

ABSOLUTELY AWESOME!!! Left the keys before we traveled to Hollywood. This was way better. Traveled with my wife and out 4 month old son. Everything was perfect about this place. Very low key environment with great people on feet from our doorstep at the Tiki Bar. Met locals and tourists from all over the country. However, one thing stood out the most was that we felt like we have been friends with these people all our lives. They loved our son being out and about and everyone (even the heavy partiers) were respectful to us. Tamara, Carol, Jack, and Gena was all great and took care of us. They do it all, clean your room, check you in, and pour a beer! When I head back that way, I am definitely going to stay there as they catered to our son and it allowed us to use the monitor and have some alone time at the hut.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 June 2009

I stayed here over the Memorial Day weekend....what a great place! The Tiki Bar is the place to be and be seen. Great variety of folks from locals to visitors from the UK. The rooms are very clean and recently completely remodeled a very south beach touch with a key west feel if that makes any sense. The staff is great with lots of great suggestions on things to do. We parked our car and never needed it for the rest of the weekend. Everything is within walking distance. We looked at plenty of hotels before stumbling on to this place and are we ever glad we did. I would recommend this place to any and everyone looking for a cool koint on the boardwalk in Hollywood.

Chip Palmer

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 May 2009

Had a fantastic stay at the Walk About Beach Resort. The building has so much character and the rooms are very nice. The staff was exceptional. They had excellent suggestions for both restaurants and activities to do while in town. Very good location right on the beach and boardwalk. We would highly recommend to anyone looking for a great weekend escape or vacation this would be a great choice.
I can't say that I have been to many hotels where I'd give them 5 out of 5 in every department. It's a great little boutique hotel all the way around. Everyone working there makes you feel very welcome. I especially liked the cleanliness of the hotel. From the manicured courtyard area, wooden deck chairs and a Tiki Bar just steps from your door everything was perfect. Two thumbs up from me. I wouldn't waste my time and money going to one of those 200 room hotels when there are great options such as this hotel.
Soon to return.