“clean”

WalkAbout Beach Resort
Ranked #12 of 72 Hotels in Hollywood
Reviewed 20 March 2010

Only stayed one night, wished we could have stayed longer. Had studio room, wonderful view, especially watching the sunrise. One of the cleanest rooms we have ever had. People at the hotel were very friendly and helpful. Loved the Tiki Bar. Only wished the weather was warmer, but I know they have no control over that.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 19 March 2010

Great place to see, relaxing stay. Overall, everthing exceeding our expectations. The staff is outstanding!

1  Thank Flyby0161
Reviewed 28 February 2010

I decided to extend my stay at the beach in Hollywood by a day and noticed their vacancy sign. The owner couldn't have been nicer and showed me the room, which was an ocean view efficiency and it was quite nice. Full kitchen and full bath and newer flat screen TV. It's located right next to the Marriot so there is quite a bit of activity in the area - there are a number of bars and restaurants within a 5 minute walk. Parking is not included, but the ownership has an arrangement with the Marriot to provide parking for $15. This was a bit inconvenient only because the front desk staff at the Marriot were somewhat confused when I approached them about parking. This is one of the nicer places to stay on the broadwalk.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 16 February 2010

have stayed at multiple locations on the beach... i should not give away this great secret on the beach, but CLEAN BEAUTIFUL AND ATTENTIVE STAFF. Will never stay anywhere else!!! Right next to Marriott.. better rooms and better service!

• Stayed: February 2010
Reviewed 15 January 2010

The location on the Broadwalk is awesome. It's just north of the bandstand, so it's not too crazy-loud, but there's still activity and plenty of people-watching to be had. The room was immaculately clean, very nicely decorated, and had amazing views (we stayed in one of the tower suites). The Tiki Bar was great--good beer on tap, and friendly locals. They had a couple of guys playing live music right under our window, so it was like being serenaded. Plus, the music was really good! We walked up and down the Broadwalk, and many other hotel bars also had musicians, but the ones at Walk About were by far the best. The property manager, Tamera, was so sweet and very accommodating. When we arrived, she let us look at different rooms and pick the one we wanted. She also let us park behind the hotel for free since it wasn't full (normally, parking is $13/day at the Marriott next door). She also has the cutest three-legged Beagle named Tucker who is very friendly and willing to keep you company at the Tiki Bar. We happened to stay during a historic cold snap, and they provided us with a space heater without our even asking (for which we were VERY appreciative, since no buildings in Southern Florida have heat). There is no restaurant on site, but the Marriott right next store has one, as well as a Starbucks, so there's no need to go very far if you don't want to. We definitely plan to return and hope to bring friends. HIGHLY recommend this hotel!!

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 January 2010

Nicely located on the beach. The Tiki bar seems to be mostly friendly regulars. I forgot a shirt and a sportcoat and have been trying to get them to send it for over a month. I told them I would pay someone to do it, and to just stuff it in a small box, plus I left a generous tip in the room for housekeeping..........I was very low maintenance. I don't understand it, and everyone seemed so nice. I wouldn't recommend the place and I would never stay there again simply because of their inattention to helping me. I stayed 5 days and it wasn't cheap.
Everytime I call I get an answering machine. One time I called, I got a previous owner who was rude and whined about the new owners not changing the phone number. I think this is just a typical case of "we're on the beach, we have a tiki bar, and everybody loves us"......screw the service. Lots of place to stay on Hollywood Beach, place that have amenities.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled solo
1  Thank ramblinman
Reviewed 15 September 2009

ABSOLUTELY AWESOME!!! Left the keys before we traveled to Hollywood. This was way better. Traveled with my wife and out 4 month old son. Everything was perfect about this place. Very low key environment with great people on feet from our doorstep at the Tiki Bar. Met locals and tourists from all over the country. However, one thing stood out the most was that we felt like we have been friends with these people all our lives. They loved our son being out and about and everyone (even the heavy partiers) were respectful to us. Tamara, Carol, Jack, and Gena was all great and took care of us. They do it all, clean your room, check you in, and pour a beer! When I head back that way, I am definitely going to stay there as they catered to our son and it allowed us to use the monitor and have some alone time at the hut.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled with family