We travelled all around South Florida between 9th December and we flew home to the UK on the 11th January. We stayed in an assortment of hotels ranging from the Trump Tower in Sunny Isles (Excellent) Casa Marina Resort in Key West West and also some cheaper hotels Hampton Inn in Islamorada Doubletree in Naples and by the far the Walkabout Resort in Hollywood Beach was the worst value by far - how it can ever call itself a resort is beyond me. Its just a hotel next to the beach with a very busy and loud Tike Bar which was right outside our room. I did not report my findings on this hotel immediately as I gave them the benefit of the doubt about the payment as we had booked via bookings.com before we got there after reading reports on Trip Advisor we had been staying at the Marriott at Delray Beach previously how we which we had stayed there now as for virtually the same money we stayed at the Hovel for 3 nights - I made it perfectly clear that we were not happy. No one even tried to clean or make the bed or change the towels the day after we got there as presumably it was a Sunday!! I am sorry when you pay top dollar I think you should get the service. It was dirty and felt like it needed a good scrub everywhere - even the tiled floor was greasy . The only thing in its favour is its location to the beach which is so close to the beach which was great as we just sat and relaxed on the beach all day - although the weekends are alot busier than in the week. I saw a picture of Hollywood Beach and the prom in a brochure and it looked lovely I am glad I went there just to get it out of my head - but the hotel next door to the walkabout is a Marriott and I would definitely stay there if I wanted to go again which I dont.
Just as an instance I mentioned there was no hairdryer - they told me there was one in the office - fat lot of good that is to me when I am trying to get ready and the only member of staff on duty is working on the very busy Tiki Bar outside - there is no reception nothing - an office - as we arrived early evening - as been on boat triup in Delray Beach - greeted with are you the folks from England. My partner was gutted and if we could have got our money back we would have moved on. But no it cost us £462.26 for 3 nights - compared to 3 nights at the Marriott in Delray which was £622.83 there was just no comparison.
So take heed before you book the walkabout resort in Hollywood go next door to the Marriott !!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The WalkAbout Beach Resort is a cozy family-owned and operated hotel located ON THE BROADWALK in Hollywood Beach, Florida. Our boutique, 8-room hotel was built in 1950, and it is one of the last remaining beachfront hotels designed in the Art Deco style.Our guests enjoy a wide array of amenities that include: ocean front rooms, a large tiki bar in our courtyard, seating alongside the Hollywood broadwalk, scenic views of the beach, nearby shops and restaurants, free wifi, free cable, on-site washer/dryer, live music, and fresh linens daily. Our staff is extremely friendly and professional, and we are always nearby to assist with any special requests. Hollywood Beach is one of the premier beach destinations in the world. The city provides twenty-one lifeguard towers and eight first-aid stations. An icon of Art Moderne architecture on Hollywood Beach’s famed Broadwalk, The Walkabout Beach Resort, is a classic 1940’s boutique hotel. Those who have visited claim it has the perfect blend of characteristics: chic, warm and inviting, glamorous, and tastefully modernized.To experience The Walkabout Beach Resort, is to experience Hollywood Beach at its best. In keeping with its classic style, eight oceanfront guest rooms are immaculately styled with the elegance of another era – wooden and terrazzo floors, interiors with rich textures, soft pink monochromatic colors, and decorations with a nod to its illustrious past mark the furnishings. Each room is adorned with vintage black and white photographs cataloguing Hollywood’s social history dating back to the 1920’s. When you stay at The Walkabout, discover its delightful Art Moderne ambiance and see how its past has been preserved to its original beauty. The Walkabout is known for its remarkable beachfront setting and legendary Hollywood Beach, Florida hotel location - on the Broadwalk. Named one of America's best beach Broadwalks by Travel + Leisure, the Hollywood Beach Broadwalk is more than 2 miles long, sizzling with energy that embodies the diversity Hollywood Beach stands for - bustling sidewalk cafes, unique shops, multi-hued streamline Art Moderne buildings, and unforgettable ocean views. Step out from the Broadwalk and spend the day settled on white sands, by a glistening ocean on one of South Florida’s most beautiful beaches. Still, the most popular pastime on the beach is simply savoring the charming character of this truly unique setting, so reserve a day for relaxing to the sound of soothing waves. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your WalkAbout Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Walkabout Beach Hotel Hollywood
- Walk About Beach Hollywood
- WalkAbout Beach Resort Hollywood, Florida