“Wonderful Stay at Villa Europa”
Review of Villa Europa Hotel

Villa Europa Hotel
Ranked #2 of 25 Hollywood B&B and Inns
Reviewed 27 May 2014

My husband and I needed a little get away from the kiddies and work. I was looking for a trip since January. I read and read lots of reviews for several hotels along the Fort Lauderdale area. I finally came upon the Villa Europa Hotel along Hollywood Beach and read all of the reviews and was especialy attracted to the word EXCELLENT in their ratings. What I was searching for was price, cleanliness, comfort and location. Villa Europa met all of my expectations and then some. If you read the reviews in any place you are interested in, you will be prepared. Isn't that what reviews are for? All of the reviews for Villa Europa prepared me for exactly what I experienced. I knew this wasn't the Marriot, the Westin, the Hyatt, the Hilton, etc. So if you read the reviews and prepare yourself for what you are getting, you will enjoy ur stay just as much as we did. I knew going in, there was no pool, it was a small quaint place, there was no 'room service' or 'maid service' unless requested for an additional charge which didn't bother me considering I was there for 4 days. The only negative I would say for us was the shower pressure, but you can get that in any high price hotel too. When we needed towels, we asked for them, no big deal. We had a little "kitchenette" with a microwave, coffee pot and utensils, cups/plates, etc. Complimentary coffee, creamer, sugar was provided. If we ran out, we asked for more, no big deal. Luis greeted us the second we got out of our cab (which was only about a 15 min. ride from the airport at around $30.00). We arrived at 11:00 a.m. and lucky for us our room was ready and he helped us right into our room with our luggage. We then went to check in and Luis provided us with a nice cold bottle of water and showed us some maps with the places to check out, eat, drinks, etc. My husband and I came across a couple of our "favorite" spots. Nick's Bar and Grill - excellent food, atmosphere, night life, drinks - Toucans Oceanside Bar and Grill - BEST Bloody Marys in town and Oceans Alley - another great atmosphere, night life, and amazing breakfast (pretty good Bloody Mary's there as well). We enjoyed walking every morning along the boardwalk, the complimentary bikes were great too! Every day Alejandro carried our beach chairs and umbrella down to the beach for us. The beach and boardwalk were literally 60 steps away - and a hop, skip and a jump to restaurants, bars, stores, etc. There is a little store along the boardwalk that sells liquor/beer/snacks and essentials. We had no need to run out to a grocery store at any time. All in all we will definitely go back to Villa Europa, and would definitely recommend this quaint little secret place. We loved our stay at Villa Europa - Thank you to Luis and Alejandro!!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank AndreaandJames2014

Reviewed 4 May 2014

This little gem is in a quiet part of Hollywood on the Boardwalk. . Luis the owner, goes out of his way to make everything right. He arrived early since I traveled on a overnight flight, and gave me another room while the previous guests checked out. My room was ready in the early afternoon. Luis went of his way to explain the area restaurants and shopping. The small and quiet Hotel is nestled between the boardwalk and the inter-coastal. As a plus, I was surprised that the TV had all the Canadian channels, I would definitely return.

Room Tip: All the rooms are clean
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank SuperMedicBrian
Reviewed 1 May 2014

Stayed at Villa Europa for the 2nd time.Josie & Luis go out of their way to make your stay comfortable away from home, they are always ready to help out. They are very down to earth.The place is situated walking steps to the beach and they supply chairs, umbrellas and bikes. There is even a BBQ to grill your own steaks. Wished we had booked for a longer stay, but there is always next time. Would recommend to friends and family.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Fernie56
Reviewed 29 April 2014

My husband was apprehensive about staying in a small hotel close to the beach. He wanted to stay at one of the large chain hotels. He was so happy we didn't and instead came here. You could see the beach and it was only steps away. We were warmly greeted and offered cold bottled water upon arrival. Everything about the area was shared with us. We were coming from a cruise and were allowed to check in early. This would not have happened at the large hotel chains. The location is fantastic. I would recommend this place to my friends and would love to come back and stay longer. Great stay at a great place!!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank sparkyygirl
Reviewed 19 April 2014

I went to Villa Europa Hotel in mid-April for 3 nights to have some lonely rest. The owner Luis was very friendly and helpfull. I enjoyed the free bike to ride the boardwalk and the free calls to Canada. However, it was a little noisy, as the AC Unit was doing a lot of vibration noise in the room and that I would ear everything that was going on on the street (and this is probably the same with all the Hollywood beach hotels). With earpluggs, I slept like a baby anyway.

I would definitely recommand this place to a friend with no problem.

Room Tip: When you are given your room, stay in it for 2 minutes and listen if you ear the AC vibration noise...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank CatherineAimeeRoy
Reviewed 7 April 2014

I love Hollywood beach and this turned out to be the perfect hotel. Josie and Luis, the owners couldn't have been more hospitable. Answering all our questions and suggestions. I love that there are bicycles to borrow and ride, and that there are chairs and umbrellas. We stayed with our adult son in one of the apartments and it was perfect for us. We left to go on a cruise, I wish I had planned tp stay afterwards instead.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank mainenewengland
Reviewed 31 March 2014

This was one of the nicest places I have ever stayed at. Luis, Alejandro and staff were the greatest from suggesting good eating spots (he was right), to giving my wife and myself a ride to the Aventura Mall when I asked where a nearby mall was (totally unexpected but greatly appreciated, Thanks again Luis!) The facilities are clean and comfortable with a nice spot to sit outside when just wishing to relax for a bit.

The beach and boardwalk are just steps away from your front door and beach chairs and umbrellas are available for use, just start to look at them and Alejandro has it set-up before you can say thank you.

I will suggest this place to all my friends who intend to go cruising as a spot to relax afterwards, as well as those just looking for a nice change of pace from the usual hotel complexes which have none of the charm or hominess that Villa Europa has.

Olah Luis and crew, a great job done.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple