“Consistently WONDERFUL Mama Mia”

Mama Mia Italian Ristorante
Reserve with OpenTable
Mama Mia Italian Ristorante is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #46 of 596 Restaurants in Hollywood
Price range: US$10 - US$35
Cuisines: Pizza, Seafood, Italian
Good for: Groups, Romantic, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Kids, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Bar Scene
Dining options: Brunch, Drinks, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Federal Highway and Hollywood Blvd
Description: We are conveniently located in the heart of Downtown Hollywood at 1818 S Young Circle, Hollywood, FL. Offering some of the most superb Italian Food, Fine Wine and Excellent Service. Mama Mia's has become a landmark and was not only Joe Dimaggio's favorite restaurant, but is often visited by the Miami Dolphins and Miss Florida USA. Our Endless menu features such Italian Favorites as Stuffed Shrimp, Homemade Pasta & Raviolis, Veal Chop Parmigiana and Eggplant Rollatini. Every dish is cooked to order using only the finest quality and the freshest ingredients. If your planning a party or business luncheon, our banquet facilities will accommodate your group. Mama Mia's also has weekly events and specials such as our Ladies Night Thursdays, Happy Hour Fridays and Sunday Brunch. For more details about these events and specials, please visit our website.
Aventura, Florida
“Consistently WONDERFUL Mama Mia”
Reviewed 11 June 2013

Tonite I had dinner at Mama Mia with several friends. Two of them had never been there before. These "newcomers" both LOVED the food, and service at Mama Mia. All of us ordered different entrees. My friend had their tilapia and thought it tasted fresh and delicious . My other friend ordered their salmon and said it was among the best she had ever had. My third dining companion had their stuffed shrimp, and licked the plate CLEAN. I had their veal parmagiana on the bone. Aside from being VERY delicious and reasonably priced, ( as compared to other restaurants),-- this portion was truly enough for three people. We all had their lobster bisque as a start to our dinners. This soup is very tasty, served in
tureens made of bread,--and is very unique and noteworthy. We all forgot the word DIET, and ordered several desserts--which we each sampled. The tiramisu was marvelous, their cannoli was fabulous, and, the cheesecake was exceptional. Our server, Antonio, made us feel pampered and well cared for. He was attentive and accomodating. Heather, the manager, was very gracious when we arrived,-- and made us feel welcomed and comfortable. I have been a patron of Mama Mia for over a year. This restaurant has CONSISTENTLY served excellent food in large portions, and at reasonable prices. It is important to know that whomever I bring to this restaurant, will always have a WONDERFUL dining experience. "Mama" sure knows how to cook!!

• Visited June 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Hollywood, Florida
“Questionable meal”
Reviewed 3 June 2013

Something has changed. Server was great, friendly and knowledgeable. Restaurant was empty with 4 tables for a Saturday night. Kitchen was very slow and forgot they ran out of our order when we were waiting for it to arrive. Then substituted with another item that was mediocre, fish tasted very fishy (awful - old). My wife complained to the manager -Vito that had to be asked to come to the table. Did not even comp it. Coincidently, my wife got very sick and threw up her dinner in the night which means we will not go back. We were there last winter and had an average meal. The salad and rolls are still safe, fresh and good. Just our opinion, you make your own.

Florida
“Consistently great Italian”
Reviewed 31 May 2013

We live very close by and frequent "Mamas" a few times a month. The food and service are always consistently very good. My husband is in love the bolognese while I love anything in their Eggplant family menus. Their staff is friendly and knowledgable about their wines as well. I saw the comment earlier about Jesus not being clear with his language skills and take offense in the fact that if you live and travel to So. Fl. You should be aware of it's "diverse" culture! IMPORTANT to note they also own one of the best Sushi restaraunts right next door. Better yet you can order from either menus at both restaurants...

Aventura, Florida
“Magnifico Mama Mia”
Reviewed 7 May 2013

I have eaten at Mama Mia many times. It is a FAMILY FRIENDLY restaurant where the prices are very reasonable, and the portions are so big, that they go a LONNNG way. Most people leave with doggie bags for another dinner at home. The food is just like your Italian grandma made. I have many favorites that I frequently order. Their chopped salad is filled with veggies, and is a huge, flavorful portion. Their veal parmagiana on the bone, is very tasty, and enough for two people. The bruschetta is fabulous. The lobster bisque soup is served in a tureen made of bread. It is BEYOND delicious. Their array of desserts are excellent complements to their wonderful dinner entrees. Every guest I have taken to Mama Mia, has wanted to go back again. Yesterday, my waiter, Joey, was very accomodating and eager to please. He is typical of their wait staff--who are always courteous and knowledgeable about the wide selection of menu items. Whever I am dieting, I have also found dishes that coincide with my dieting restrictions, BUT are also flavorful and filling. Once you have tried this retaurant, you will make it one of your FAVORITES.

Ormond Beach, FL
“very nice experience in lounge for drinks and appetizers”
Reviewed 6 May 2013

Mama Mia's has great drink and appetizer specials if you look them up. My husband, mom and I went and sat in the lounge. Had cocktails and wine and appetizers. Very nice server and great value. Good atmosphere. Our favorite was the penne vodka, delicious!!! The beef carpaccio was also great. We will be back.