“Second visit and it was just as wonderful”
Review of Ocean Inn

Ocean Inn
Ranked #29 of 72 Hotels in Hollywood
Reviewed 17 April 2011

This was the 2nd time my husband and I chose this adorable "home away from home" and we were even more impressed this year due to the astounding cheer, welcome, and helpfulness of Philip. The "inn" is a 2 minute walk to the beautiful beach and boardwalk and everything you would ever need for a beach visit (chairs, umbrella, towels...) is happily provided by Philip with a huge smile. One night Philip graciously opened up the office for us so that we could purchase a chilled bottle of wine as we sat in the welcoming courtyard and visited with our neighbors. My husband forgot his cell phone when we left and Philip not only found it but mailed it to our home the very next day. I have traveled widely on business over many years...staying in some of the better large chain hotels....and I have to tell you all that at least twice I absent mindedly left my cell phone behind in my room...and they were never to be recovered by the hotel staff. Ditto to all the other excellent reviews...cleanliness, parking, hospitality and a general feeling of well being permeated our visit. We'll be back next year !

Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank OnFireForTravel

Reviewed 12 April 2011

had to check it out for myself....and all reviews are right.....cute, quaint, older boutique hotel.....no way to tell you how clean the place is....beyond clean....traveling alone on business and prefer smaller hotels.....felt safe and slept well both nights.....stayed in small room with kitchenette, but courtyard felt like "room extension".....Phillip is great, as is Pilar.....just a real delight.....was worried about not being "beach front", which is usually one of my deal breakers....but walk to beach was shorter/quicker than stroll thru larger hotel lobby/parking lot.....I'll be back.....any solo travelers in the area for business or leisure, be sure to check them out! or not, I'm happy to keep them all to myself.....

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank jpelements
Reviewed 11 April 2011

I gave my parents a night at the Ocean Inn for their anniversary and couldn't be happier with the choice. My parents had a great weekend on the beach, and can not stop raving about how nice their stay was. Philip even went out of his way to make sure there were flowers in the room when they arrived. While I can't speak to the Inn itself, as I wasn't actually there, my experience dealing with the management before and after my parents stay far exceeding my expectations. The Ocean Inn is what hospitality should be... there's no good reason not to stay at this great little hotel!

• Stayed: April 2011
1  Thank jeremy11211
Reviewed 1 April 2011

Ocean Inn couldn't have been any better. The service was outstanding. Requests were quickly honored. It has a quaint relaxing court yard. We enjoyed every day and couldn't have picked a better place for our beach vacation. The whole staff was great but one person really stood out..his name is Phillip. He greets every day with a smile and does a great job! I highly recommend the Ocean Inn for your next vacation, You won't be disappointed.
Gary & Diana B

2  Thank biggb
Reviewed 1 April 2011

Philip and staff took every opportunity to search out and serve our needs in a way that now characterizes my impression of Florida: friendly, fun and gets you what you want quickly. A fifty yard walk to the amazing Hollywood Boardwalk or the beach is rewarded with salt air, sand between the toes and a thousand glances of people enjoying the moment. My only complaint is that three days was not long enough for us to properly acclimatize to the Florida weather: we'll book a longer stay to enjoy the warm Hollywood hearts .

Room Tip: Decide how much kitchen you need.
1  Thank cbreez_11
Reviewed 26 March 2011

My husband and I were happily pleased with our stay. Within walking distance to the beach. Inn provided beach chairs and towels, free parking, wifi access. Efficiency afforded us to save money. The courtyard is lovely! We didn't have the opportunity to meet the owners, but Philip, the Innkeeper, is a real find! He was incredibly accomodating and made everyone feel at home. Our only regret was that we had to leave, but we will definitely be back.

1  Thank beach0621
Reviewed 26 March 2011

Old Florida charm. The inn is designed to catch cross breezes so you can have your windows open or use the AC. Truly just steps from the beach--and it is a really fun beach. The boardwalk is wonderful at night after dinner. Check-in staff member was wonderful--friendly, helpful, great advise on my questions. It is not for someone wanting a glamorous hotel experience, but is perfect for a laid-back few days at the beach.

• Stayed: March 2011