“Ocean Inn”

Ranked #24 of 66 Hotels in Hollywood
florida
“Ocean Inn”
Reviewed 28 April 2012

This place was great. Used it for overnight only. Supper friendly Glen checked us in and the next morning when I saw him at breakfast he remembered my name and asked how may race was. Pretty cool.
When I checked in on Firday night they had an unexpected wedding get booked and the DJ and speaker was directly in front of my room 16. What was to my room. UGH. I went back to the desk told them that I booked Ocean Inn specifically how nice it quiet it was so that I could get a good night sleep before the 5K on the boardwalk. The owner graciously, and immediately moved me to room 22. SWEET room btw.
On the second floor. QUIET away form the wedding reception, the kitchen window had a view of the boardwalk, bright, large flat screen TV, little eat at bar. Big kitchen. Full size coffee pot, awesome. Bottom line it was sweet and very nice of him to move me without an upcharge. Shower and sink each had a pull out head, shower cutain had the bar so that it gives you more room in the shower, nice touch, I hate when shower curtains don't have that. Oh yeah, I forget toothpaste, bam it was in the room. Bed was comfy. Wifi not working Friday night, no big deal enjoyed sitting on the beach.
After my race came back to warm blueberry and bran homemade muffins, (free with the stay)yummy.
Less than a minute walk to the beautiful beach and boardwalk.
When I checked out told Glen about all the clear wings, no bug attached I saw in the shower, had to sweep them out before taking a shower...maybe termites or carpenter ants. We live in S Fl we expect things like this no big deal. I would want to know so I thought the owners should know too.
Can't wait to stay a weekend with my wifey.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank o2btan

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
Hollywood
Reviewed 23 April 2012

This is a place for creative minds.....simple and adorable! Well maintained but most important above all these....super friendly and super clean.....and is seconds from the beautiful ocean! What a find.....like a hidden gem. The best sunrise ever since the sun rises from the horizon off the ocean ;)
I am a stickler for cleanliness and beauty and you can't have these without the friendly...none of it would matter!
I would say the owners are mindful people and this is what they must attract! Creative minds and mindfulness will be those who would appreciate and acknowledge the love that is put into the maintenance of this sweet little place.
Continental breakfast and wifi included....I am a woman alone and felt super safe and attended.

Room Tip: All rooms surround an adorable court yard. Rooms are a bit dark but pretty!
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
3 Thank E C
Vegas
Reviewed 18 April 2012

My 20 month old son and I traveled to South Florida for a wedding and I wanted him to experience the beach for the first time in a safe and comfortable environment. I was worried that it would be extremely crowded and overwhelming for him so I looked toward Hollywood Beach instead of Miami and when I saw the Ocean Inn I was very excited about the location. After I booked with the hotel I called to confirm and make sure that we would be able to enter our room after hours in case our plane was delayed and the Inkeeper was so friendly and accommodating. We were even given welcome-chocolate chip cookies in our room. The environment is so perfect. I also felt very safe with my son. We sat in the courtyard every morning and chatted with the other guests as well as the staff (who are wonderful by the way and know you by name). There is also a hammock in a small oasis which was such a bonus! If you are looking for an inviting and calm atmosphere where you can put your feet up and relax while being able to walk to the beach, a beautiful beach that was not very crowded I might add, then this is definitely the place for you! If we had to travel to south Florida again I would not even look anywhere else.

Room Tip: All of the rooms surround the courtyard which is very cozy.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Courtney V
Fremont, California
Reviewed 10 April 2012

We stayed in Ocean Inn. I always stayed in so called "********" hotels and I never been satisfied. In Ocean Inn we felt we are N'joying the Ocean sitting at home back in California. It was truly a different experience. No question, whenever we come for our next trip. we will be staying here.

Last but not the least, Staff/management is so cooperative and nice and the services are amazing.

I recommend this place to you if you come with family or group or even alone.

-Deva

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank devadathan
Des Moines, Iowa, United States
Reviewed 3 April 2012

Staying at a small, family-owned establishment was definitely the way to go for our vacation. The staff at the Ocean Inn were so friendly, knowledgeable and helpful, they really made our trip! From recommendations on local restaurants to providing maps and directions to local points of interest, they had everything covered. We also very much enjoyed the on-site parking and easy one-block walk up to the broadwalk. Our room was both homey and beachy - the perfect combination for a place like Hollywood, FL. Next time we're in town, I know where we'll be staying!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Lindsay833
Illinois
Reviewed 29 March 2012

We were very happy to have found such a nice hotel at such short notice. A friend and I had just gotten off a Cruise and flew into Miami and was looking for a Hotel to stay for a few days until we got our flight home. We did not want to stay in Miami thinking it would be much more expensive close to the Airport so we starting driving and found Hollywood, Florida, which I did not know existed. We checked a few Hotels and was not satisfied with the prices and the distance to the Ocean. We just happened to stumble on this quaint, little Hotel that is just a minute from the beach. The staff was excellent, the room was clean. We got a little apartment style room with a stove, refrigerator, microwave, etc. for what we would pay for a lesser Hotel for a very fair price. I would recommend a stay here for anyone looking for a place with good accomodations and a friendly staff that is willing to help in any way they can. We got personalized attention in ways I would not imagine. When the washer did not work, they actually did all my laundry and hung it up outside to dry. I will certainly stay there again and highly recommend it.

Room Tip: Room 19 had one large Queen size bed and a trundle type bed that would of slept 2 more comfortably.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank IllinoisJoann
na
Reviewed 26 March 2012

My hubby and I stayed at this hotel overnight. Our flight arrived @ 5am, but we could not get into our room until 1. Philip knew that we were there - just don't understand why they coulden't clean sooner so that we could get in the room. We hung out in the wicker chairs and I fell asleep on the hammock. I was under the impression that this was right on the beach - not true. It's about a 2 minute walk. We did one of the 2 rooms that were on the top floor and I loved how they have wicker chairs right outside the door. I could have stayed there for a week. Very nice, clean hotel on the main road (lots of traffic). Just could use some minor cosmetic updates. Staff was great! Little pricy for not right on the boardwalk. Overall, had a nice stay!

Room Tip: Get one of the 2 rooms on the 2nd floor.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple