“There's No Place Like a Home Away From Home!”
Review of Ocean Inn

Ocean Inn
Ranked #29 of 71 Hotels in Hollywood
Redding, Connecticut
“There's No Place Like a Home Away From Home!”
Reviewed 16 August 2012

I travel to Florida several times a year to spend two to three weeks visiting my dad whose home is now an assisted living facility in nearby Hallandale. I love Hollywood, Florida and for years stayed either downtown or right on Hollywood Beach amid all the Broadwalk restaurants, stores, and the Hollywood Beach Theater. This past June I was surfing the web for new accommodations – turns out the hotel I had been staying at did not have the accommodations I wanted and had raised their rates! - I came across the Ocean Inn. I called and after speaking with Philip, I was eager to check it out. It was obvious that Philip loved the place and not because he was an employee. (I later learned that Philip became part of the Ocean Inn family after staying there as a guest!) Located just steps from the beach, the Ocean Inn has come to feel like my home away from home for many reasons. You can enjoy a continental breakfast bright and early every morning in the beautifully designed oasis courtyard while listening to relaxing music – they even pipe in exotic birdsong, and if you forgot to pack something, chances are they can provide it. There are many touches like this that make the Ocean Inn a unique and traveler-friendly destination. The accommodations are clean, cool, and comfortable, and the rooms with kitchens are well appointed with a coffee maker, a microwave, a toaster oven, a fridge, etc. and all the kitchenware you need to get cooking. There are also laundry facilities for those who, like me, prefer to go home with a suitcase full of clean clothes. Besides the great rooms and competitive prices, the location is ideal. There are great places to eat and drink close by and it’s a beautiful 10-minute oceanfront walk to all the action. Believe me, after a night of fun with the Hollywood Beach crowd, it’s a pleasure to come home to the quieter laidback end of the Broadwalk. Aside from all this, it’s the people that make the Ocean Inn my favorite destination in South Florida. The staff, the owner, the whole gang: Scott, Philip, Joey, Cline, and Shirley are hands on and so welcoming, I often find myself barbecuing and hanging out at the Inn as much as going out – it’s that kind of place. From now on when I travel to Florida, I not only look forward to seeing my dad (he’s 93 and going strong), but also to staying at the Ocean Inn. Who knows? Like Philip, I may even work there some day!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Joshua P

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
New Jersey
Reviewed 29 July 2012

we just returned from out ten day trip across Florida. We stayed two nights at the Ocean Inn. The very best thing about the hotel is it is about 30 steps from an amazing beach. The hotel is small, charming and has that tropic feel, with its pastel colors. The rooms are vintage. The bathroom is old but the room is spotless. Nothing can be more important then the room being clean. The girls and I sat outside and ate cereal at the picnic table. What a great way to start your day. Two little problems-parking is scarce but they have parking around the corner. Two they forgot to put soap in our room on our second night. Bring your own soap, those tiny bars do not last at all.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank valeriemabel
Palm Harbor, Florida, United States
Reviewed 26 July 2012

This is my second time back and will be back again in December! Love Ocean Inn and Philip! This wonderful place is relaxing, serene and so close to the beach. This time we were there for a small high school reunion, about 20 of us stayed 6 days. We took over the place with Philip and Joe doing more than anyone could ask for to make sure we had everything we needed! You can not go wrong staying here!

Room Tip: This is a small family owned hotel. There are only 4 rooms with full kitchens, so if you are stayin...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Delores U
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed 26 July 2012

Phil is absolutely amazing, I had a late check in and they perpared everything perfectly to accomidate my needs. I feel like I've known these people forever, they are so welcoming. My room is very clean and the products in the restroom are awesome! Support the mom and pops places! This is a spectacular Inn and would reccomend it to anyone coming in to Hollywood/ Ft Lauderdale. Rates are great and the outside setup is so zen and peaceful. Thank you to Phil and all the awesome staff. I want to move here!

• Stayed July 2012
Melbourne Beach, Florida
Reviewed 23 July 2012

I am in love with the Ocean Inn and will be back very soon. The environment is magical, the moment you step into the tropical courtyard. The rooms are very nice, and have everything you need. Some have full kitchens, with decent sized refrigerators and stoves, while others are spacious king rooms. The decor is charming, the beds comfortable and the rooms clean. All that said, what REALLY stands out is the Ocean Inn's customer service,which is unparalleled. Philip and Joe ensured I had everything I needed, and are wonderful hosts. I was there for a small high school reunion (20 overnight classmates), and it was by far the best organized event I have ever attended. Laid-back and smoothly run, the Ocean Inn is the ideal place for anyone in need of a fun, relaxing, rejuvenating experience.

Room Tip: The queen studio is spacious and has everything you need to prepare meals and snacks.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank dorothymurphy
Reviewed 6 July 2012

The staff is amazing, extremely friendly and accomadating. The location for the price is unheard of. You are 50 yards from the beach, the common area of the hotel where everyone can congregate is secluded with tropical foliage, water fall and calming music playing. Very clean and quaint! We will be back!

• Stayed June 2012
5 Thank ScarlettKraus
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 4 July 2012

We loved our stay at the Ocean Inn! The Ocean Inn was highly recommended to us. Honestly, we were alittle apprehensive prior to arriving because it wasn't a large chain type of hotel. That apprehension disappeared almost instantly! Philip and the rest of the staff were so helpful and accommodating. The location was such a short distance from the beautiful beach! The courtyard/garden was cool and unique, The rooms were clean, bright, and comfortable. We enjoyed the extras like beach chairs and umbrellas for the beach. We had two rooms next to eachother with our group of 6 and it worked out perfectly! This was our first trip to Hollywood and will definitely be coming back to the Ocean Inn!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family