“The best”

Great place
Clean room
A block to the beach
Free parking
And the owner is an amazing person
I checked out but needed to shower after the beach before my flight she opened a different room gave me the key and asked me to lock up when I was done

• Stayed April 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
gogranny60
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2014

Just came back from a 3 night stay here and loved it! Karin, the owner gave me a ride from the airport saving me almost $19 in cab fare. I had room #8 and it was perfect for all my needs. Loved the beachy decor! The hotel is located between the intercoastal side and the beach side. I saw that there were a couple small food markets within a block of the place if I decided to cook any of my own food in the kitchenette. I was here by myself and never felt unsafe when I walked about. I would eat breakfast at LA Brochette half a block away where I could get 2 eggs, toast and hash browns for only $2.90 while sitting inside and having a beach view! Also half a block away on the beach across the street from LA Brochette, was the hotel Sheldon that had a spa where you could get a message. Karin recommended it but it was closed on Sunday and Monday while I was there so I didn't get to go. On the beach there are cabanas for rent that come with cushioned chaise lounges. I rented one on the beach by the Taco Spot where they serve great tasting fresh Mexican food and great drinks that you can get served Ina pineapple or coconut complete with umbrella. I got a fruited drink and stayed on the beach in my cabana while reading and then going down to the surf to romp in the waves! It was postcard perfect and I had a blast! When it was dinner time I just went back to my room only 2 blocks away so I could shower and get dressed. I never rented a car as everything was within walking distance. I also used the water taxi to get around to shop at Fort Lauderdale and Los Olas! It was definitely a great girl's get away and I'm in my 50's. This was a perfect place for me! Because it was located close to the intercoastal side half a block away the other direction I would go to the restaurants there for dinner. Giorgios bakery was also there and I'd pick up a pastry or chocolate mousse to eat later that evening in my room. If you want a safe, clean room located in the middle of everything. I highly recommend this place! The money you save staying here can be used doing something fun!

Room Tip: I accidentally bumped the pool and restaurant rating but there is no pool or restaurant available.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank gogranny60
Windermere, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2014

We selected the Anglefish Inn recommended by friends. It served our needs perfectly. The staff was extremely friendly and very cooperative. The room was clean and we had a great time. It was very close to the beach so we did not have to use a car to get to and from the beach. Will go back again. Karin is great

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Ed B
Morges
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2014 via mobile

Family with 2 kids (8 and 10); we stayed for 3 nights in 2 bedroom apartment with kitchen and appreciated the very much the beach a few steps away. there were chairs and umbrellas for the beach at our disposal. The appartment was very clean, well equipped but a bit old. The manager Karen is very nice!

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank NatBin
Framingham, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2014

I stayed 4 nights and the Angelfish Inn was really beginning to feel like home. Located just half a block from the beach, the Inn also has a lovely patio for relaxing and eating. There are plenty of restaurants (practically on the beach), a couple of convenience stores and a very nice bakery nearby. Karin could not have been more helpful and accommodating.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Batavia, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2014

We stayed with Karin for 3 nights before our cruise departure, I could not have chosen a better place to begin our vacation. The 1960's kitschy beach vibe of Hollywood in general and Angelfish Inn in particular really appealed to us. Our room was adorable, clean and very quiet. The wonderful courtyard with plenty of seating, the turtle pond, and the family & pet friendly relaxed atmosphere fit us to a "T". We were within walking distance of good food, a fun beach & boardwalk for people watching. This is one of those gems that you return to again and again because you're treated like family, it is NOT your average chain motel/hotel where your dollar is more important that you are. This is a small, quaint, cozy, clean, budget friendly place for families, couples & people who can appreciate the true aura of a great vacation...not caviar & champagne, but adventures around the bend, new friends and a comfortable base of operations to return to at the end of the day.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2014

My husband and I stayed here for three days after a cruise and it was the perfect way to end our vacation. We arrived early in the morning and Karin and her staff quickly cleaned our room for us so we could get our bags put away. We had a wonderful porch on our room easy to kick back and enjoy. Room was clean and had everything that we could ask for. Location was second to none the boardwalk was half a block away lots of restaurants,bars and stores. Beach chairs and towels were supplied so we even spent a day on the beach soaking up the sun. Karin did not let us call a cab when we left for the airport but instead drove us herself service above and beyond. Sorry to hear that she has sold the property new owners in May. We will come back to this spot it was perfect. Thanks to Karin, staff and Jinx

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple