“Not to be trusted”

“Not to be trusted”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2009

Posted August 28, 2009
[--]

I ended up having a dispute with this hotel about charges caused to my debit card. Upon arriving at this hotel and inspecting my room and I cancelled my reservation with cause. I was out of the hotel in short order and never regretted my decision. When I left this hotel, I was told my reservation was cancelled that there would be no charges. I never spent one night at this hotel.

When I returned home, I reviewed my checking/debit account and discovered that there was a charge from Ramada for two nights. A few letters were written in regard to the charge and there was some discussion about who had caused the charge. The name on the charge clearly indicated the name Ramada so I believe that this hotel lied to me more than once about charges.

The online booking service that made my reservation did refund the charge but I believe that the online service was just trying to act in a responsible manner. Neither the hotel, nor management companies associated with this hotel provided a written response to my letters. It seems that the charge should never have occurred and Ramada did not act appropriately to correct the problem.

My experience was unpleasant. Upon finding this site after my vacation and reading the reviews, I found that I share many of the same complaints as other people. I did not find the hotel staff to be pleasant, friendly or accommodating. No one ever gave me an apology. I got a refund but it was not easy.

• Stayed June 2009
1 Thank Occasiona_vacationer
PhilipQuidilla, Manager at Hollywood Beach Resort Cruise Port Hotel, responded to this review, 31 August 2009
Dear Guest,

I do apologized if our property did not meet your expectations. Unfortunately all reservations booked the a third party internet are all prepaid reservations and all charges was made by that same company. I will personally make sure that all your issues will be taken care ASAP. Thank you again for all your patience and we are looking forward to served you better if you decided to come to our property.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (146)
  • Korean first
UK
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2009

I didn't and had a miserable three days - only saved because we spent as little time in the "hotel" as possible. On star rating - read one of the older reviews that comments it is 1* rather than 2.5*. The hotel room was dirty, the sofa bed truly uncomfortable and the curtains impossible to describe. The bathroom was a joke - the bath would never fully drain and the hot water was intermittent .

OK the corridors were nicely decorated (although not clean) and I suspect the hoetl will appear better when it is repainted - but thats a bit like a woman with cancer getting her nails done in the expectation that she will get better. The staff were slovenly and non smiling (with the exception of one doorman who appeared on the last night) and the whole place just had a bad feel to it. The high speed internet wasn't! It hardly ever worked. The complmentary breakfast - keep it, it was woth every penny that is charged for it!

I was only happy that we booked 3 nights rather than the 6 nights we had available and we moved to a better, cheaper, hotel.

Parking - $15!

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank Podgorica21
MiamiGary, Manager at Hollywood Beach Resort Cruise Port Hotel, responded to this review, 10 November 2009
We at the Ramada Downtown Hollywood are sorry to read that Podgorica21 and family had such a bad stay. These are not normal occurances at our hotel as you can see from our more recent reviews.
It is not mentioned if we had the opportunity to remedy the situations they were having because we have maintanence staff that is well equiped to take care of plumbing and hot water and we have 24hr tech support for the wireless internet. We also have 2 complimentary computers in our lobby with printers for our guests. Our breakfast maintains the quality and specifications that Ramada requires and more. We have a variaty of cereals, breakfast pasreries,breads,juices,yogurts, and 1 hot item such as pancakes,waffles,french toast etc. We have indoor parking garage. We do not charge $15.00. I am available to discuss this stay as well as any inquiry anyone may have. I can be contacted at 954-927-3341.
FLORIDA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2009

The location can't be beat. Our ocean front queen room was not large but plenty big enough with full size fridge, range, microwave, table and chairs, etc. Very clean. Smelled a bit musty, but I took a candle and it cleared it right up. View was excellant. Pool was wonderful. Parking could be a little cheaper for guests.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank J39JACK
Palm Bay, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2009

50 characters is not enough.
1.No A/C room 602(room 601 controls it)
2.Moved to another room 660 and waited 5 hrs - (new room gas smell from stove)
3.Valet - Scratched the tire and rim on daughters veh
4. Concierge rude, Front Desk - Rude -
5. Dirty towels, stained bed sheets

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family
Michigan
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2009

Waited 4 hours for room, did not get room payed for. Male dest manager was so nasty. When I complaned to Hugh Townsent I go a letter saying to bad next time see the same person that was so mean and have a nice stay. I'm a positive person who always makes the best, but this trip still gives me nightmares, about how badly we where treated.

• Stayed September 2006, travelled with family
Sacramento, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2009

After reading all the reviews we went in with pretty low expectations. However, we were pleasantly surprised with the beach resort. Don’t get me wrong... the place is older and could use some more renovation. (We did read an article recently that they are starting another 15 million dollar renovation on the Beach resort so that is good news). We also noticed an odd smell when you walk into the lobby but I am beginning to think that is the smell of Florida! But this hotel has definite CHARM and history and we loved it. The location couldn’t be beat and everything was close by. Food, bars, boardwalk, and ocean were right there (world famous Le Tub was in walking distance). There is also a mini-mart right next to the lobby which was very useful.

As far as the rooms, ours was nice. We were on the 7th floor and my other family members were on the 5th. Both rooms were nicely decorated, had kitchenettes, granite countertops, and a fridge. The rooms were cleaned every day - no complaints. The continental breakfast wasn’t bad (it was free), if you like pastries and such. The staff was always nice and they were very helpful.

We stayed there for 5 days (6/29 - 7/5). I’m so glad we picked to stay here for the 4th of July because the hotel and beach were right in the heart of the fireworks show and the bustling boardwalk. My husband and I, along with my other family members both agreed that we would stay here again when we come back to Hollywood Beach.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank papasandnic
Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2009

I have stayed here many times b4. you get what you pay for. BUT this time it was a disaster. i was to stay for 4 nights and booked 2 rooms. a $1200.00 stay. I was also having my daughter's SWEET 16 party on the 2nd floor. to make a long story short security was VERY unprofessional and even when my experience went to Property Manager it got WORSE! they do not believe in customer satisfaction. I was treated like ____. so I left after one night. knowing that this would be VERY inconvient. I was left no choice.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family