“A Nightmare”

Ranked #55 of 66 Hotels in Hollywood
Toronto
“A Nightmare”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 October 2009

This is the worse hotel either of us have stayed at and we have stayed at many budget hotels! The rooms were flithy and in poor repair. The air conditioner did not work. The bathroom fan was so full of dirt it did not turn. The carpet in the first room was sticky and then we were moved to a room with a sticky floor. The hotel also smelled foul. We were so disappointed we went to another hotel for 2 nights just to get away. On the plus side the staff was pleasant and obviously didn't have any control over the repair.

• Stayed March 2007, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Disappointed097

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (146)
  • Korean first
Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 September 2009

With all the bad reviews on this resort, I prepared myself not to expect much so as to not be disappointed. We really only had two complaints about this hotel. One the walls being paper thin and the second was our toilet leaked at the bottom when you flushed it. We told the people at the desk but it never was fixed. The check in was fast and smooth. Our room, a petite suite and that is exactly what it is, petite. Not much bigger than a cabin on a cruise ship except for the fact it had a kitchen. Not a problem for us we were not planning on staying in our room that much except for sleeping. The walls being paper thin made it pretty annoying when we were trying to sleep. It’s hard to believe how many rude people there are. They would stand in the hall at all hours talking loudly, kids running up and down the halls yelling. This is not at all the hotels fault. I guess when you get a cheap rate the clientele goes down along with the price. Be prepared to pay for parking $15 a day. I just figured this into our hotel price and it’s still a pretty good deal. Nice pool but we were unable to enjoy it because it was so crowded. The best part was the location, right on the boardwalk and the beach. Hollywood’s boardwalk is a great place. You can ride bikes or walk to several bar and restaurants or just lounge out at the beach. I highly recommend going there.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank RufasFlorida
eddmoss, General Manager at Hollywood Beach Resort Cruise Port Hotel, responded to this review, 23 November 2009
We are delighted to hear that you had a wonderful stay with us at the Ramada Hollywood Beach Resort. We are sorry to hear about service issues and have addressed these with our department directors to making the necessary adjustments to correct these issues. We have several different room types, from a superior all the way up to a one bedroom suite that can offer you more space so you might try one of those in your future stay with us. It was nice to hear about the front desk check in and their service as they work exceptionally hard to make every guest feel special. We do offer two ways to park with valet at the front door and a self service parking garage located right on the property for your use. You can exit through our backdoor and be right on the broadwalk with all its shops, restaurants and nightlife for your enjoyment and which parallels the ocean for 3 miles. Thank you so much for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you on your next stay.
USA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2009

Posted August 28, 2009
[--]

I ended up having a dispute with this hotel about charges caused to my debit card. Upon arriving at this hotel and inspecting my room and I cancelled my reservation with cause. I was out of the hotel in short order and never regretted my decision. When I left this hotel, I was told my reservation was cancelled that there would be no charges. I never spent one night at this hotel.

When I returned home, I reviewed my checking/debit account and discovered that there was a charge from Ramada for two nights. A few letters were written in regard to the charge and there was some discussion about who had caused the charge. The name on the charge clearly indicated the name Ramada so I believe that this hotel lied to me more than once about charges.

The online booking service that made my reservation did refund the charge but I believe that the online service was just trying to act in a responsible manner. Neither the hotel, nor management companies associated with this hotel provided a written response to my letters. It seems that the charge should never have occurred and Ramada did not act appropriately to correct the problem.

My experience was unpleasant. Upon finding this site after my vacation and reading the reviews, I found that I share many of the same complaints as other people. I did not find the hotel staff to be pleasant, friendly or accommodating. No one ever gave me an apology. I got a refund but it was not easy.

• Stayed June 2009
1 Thank Occasiona_vacationer
PhilipQuidilla, Manager at Hollywood Beach Resort Cruise Port Hotel, responded to this review, 31 August 2009
Dear Guest,

I do apologized if our property did not meet your expectations. Unfortunately all reservations booked the a third party internet are all prepaid reservations and all charges was made by that same company. I will personally make sure that all your issues will be taken care ASAP. Thank you again for all your patience and we are looking forward to served you better if you decided to come to our property.
UK
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2009

I didn't and had a miserable three days - only saved because we spent as little time in the "hotel" as possible. On star rating - read one of the older reviews that comments it is 1* rather than 2.5*. The hotel room was dirty, the sofa bed truly uncomfortable and the curtains impossible to describe. The bathroom was a joke - the bath would never fully drain and the hot water was intermittent .

OK the corridors were nicely decorated (although not clean) and I suspect the hoetl will appear better when it is repainted - but thats a bit like a woman with cancer getting her nails done in the expectation that she will get better. The staff were slovenly and non smiling (with the exception of one doorman who appeared on the last night) and the whole place just had a bad feel to it. The high speed internet wasn't! It hardly ever worked. The complmentary breakfast - keep it, it was woth every penny that is charged for it!

I was only happy that we booked 3 nights rather than the 6 nights we had available and we moved to a better, cheaper, hotel.

Parking - $15!

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank Podgorica21
MiamiGary, Manager at Hollywood Beach Resort Cruise Port Hotel, responded to this review, 10 November 2009
We at the Ramada Downtown Hollywood are sorry to read that Podgorica21 and family had such a bad stay. These are not normal occurances at our hotel as you can see from our more recent reviews.
It is not mentioned if we had the opportunity to remedy the situations they were having because we have maintanence staff that is well equiped to take care of plumbing and hot water and we have 24hr tech support for the wireless internet. We also have 2 complimentary computers in our lobby with printers for our guests. Our breakfast maintains the quality and specifications that Ramada requires and more. We have a variaty of cereals, breakfast pasreries,breads,juices,yogurts, and 1 hot item such as pancakes,waffles,french toast etc. We have indoor parking garage. We do not charge $15.00. I am available to discuss this stay as well as any inquiry anyone may have. I can be contacted at 954-927-3341.
FLORIDA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2009

The location can't be beat. Our ocean front queen room was not large but plenty big enough with full size fridge, range, microwave, table and chairs, etc. Very clean. Smelled a bit musty, but I took a candle and it cleared it right up. View was excellant. Pool was wonderful. Parking could be a little cheaper for guests.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank J39JACK
Palm Bay, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2009

50 characters is not enough.
1.No A/C room 602(room 601 controls it)
2.Moved to another room 660 and waited 5 hrs - (new room gas smell from stove)
3.Valet - Scratched the tire and rim on daughters veh
4. Concierge rude, Front Desk - Rude -
5. Dirty towels, stained bed sheets

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family
Michigan
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2009

Waited 4 hours for room, did not get room payed for. Male dest manager was so nasty. When I complaned to Hugh Townsent I go a letter saying to bad next time see the same person that was so mean and have a nice stay. I'm a positive person who always makes the best, but this trip still gives me nightmares, about how badly we where treated.

• Stayed September 2006, travelled with family