“Loved this place !!!!!!”
Review of Manta Ray Inn

Manta Ray Inn
Ranked #5 of 73 Hotels in Hollywood
Reviewed 20 July 2008

WOW....Superior cleanliness......The owners are always readily available and more than willing to help in any way to make your trip a success. Very well equipt and comfortable. Beautiful location right on the beach, beautiful views. Just blocks from the famous Broadwalk but in a very quiet location. Loved it....loved it...loved it !! We have stayed twice now and are counting down the days till our third stay next month. I wouldn't even consider anywhere else in Hollywood. Can't beat the price either.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled with friends
2  Thank gatekeeper2b

Reviewed 2 July 2008

I really can't say enough about the Manta Ray, it was fabulous!! A small family owned Inn, very clean and comfortable. Donna and her family are gracious and go above & beyond to make your stay enjoyable. The Manta Ray is right on the sand and you can take the lounge chairs down to the waters edge. We had a gorgeous ocean view from every window. The fully furnished one bedroom is quite spacious with a living room and kitchen, the shower was great. The housekeeper does a great job and shows alot of pride in his work.
We prefer the intimate setting over a high rise condo, close to the Broadwalk but just far enough away to be relaxing. We hated to leave The Manta Ray and will make a point of returning again.

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled as a couple
2  Thank trippingLasVegas
Reviewed 26 June 2008

I found the Manta Ray Inn and decided to stay here based on the reviews right here on Trip Advisor.

This is a small motel, somewhere around twelve to sixteen apartments. First of all, it is clean. Our room had a living room/kitchen/dining combo room, bathroom with shower only, but very large ceramic tile shower. The living room furniture is wicker, with comfy cushions and the 'Miami Vice' look to it. Yes, this motel is old, but it is so nice that it is actually frozen in time.

Manta Ray Inn is on South Surf Road, which is the road ON THE BEACH. Ocean Drive and A1A are one block off the beach.

Right Place, Right Price, quiet, comfy, clean, family oriented. Need I say more?

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Debster55
Reviewed 7 May 2008

Waiting for cruise to leave out of Miami.."50's" feel, but very clean and comfortable. Thomas helpful, relaxed and really great experience. Would stay again in a minute! Whole Foods grocery store close to drive to..with kitchen it felt like home!

Stayed: April 2008
2  Thank danceon
Reviewed 18 April 2008

My grandparents used to stay at this hotel when I was a child (about 30 years ago), I've stayed at it numerous times as an adult, and I am glad that it has not changed much. The beautiful beach is still steps away, the rooms are still big enough to accommodate a family, and a feeling of relaxation still predominates.

Our last visit was in November of 2007. A tropical storm had just passed through, so the wind was blowing like no tomorrow. It was spectacular. We bought kites and had a blast flying them on the beach (after the lifeguard left -- against the rules to fly kites, apparently).

Because the beach was right at our doorstep, when any of my children woke up early, either my wife or I could go to the water's edge with them while any sleepers remained in the room. It's so great, as a family, not to have to pack everything and everyone whenever you want to go to the beach. And, you don't have to worry about walking through a hotel lobby with wet, sandy children.

Perhaps because of the tropical storm, a few days into our trip, we returned to the hotel to find that a secondary river/stream had formed about five feet from the hotel wall (running for great distances in either direction), creating an instant play area for our children and the other children staying at the hotel. It was like a mirage, but it was real.

Downtown Hollywood, as well as the Boardwalk, has really upped the dining experience since I was a high school student in Hollywood. We ate at an excellent restaurant -- Sugar Reef -- on North Surf Road.

I admit that, on my last trip, I was a bit nervous because my mother had hired a mariachi band to surprise my wife on her birthday (I'd say "Only in Miami" but it was Hollywood!). I thought, the owners are not going to like this. But, it turned out very well. We had spoken to the handful of other guests in advance and invited them to join us. The owner's son, who seemed to be in charge, very politely took me aside asked how long the band would be playing (it was only 30 minutes or so). He wanted to make sure that it did not go on too late (I think it went from 7:30 to 8, or so). What this means to me is that the owners' main concern is the enjoyment of all the guests, but within that, they are pretty laidback and address each circumstance on its specifics.

Obviously, if you want to be part of the South Beach scene, this is not the place for you. But, if you want to be right on the beach, without crowds and without worries, you really should check this place out.

• Stayed: November 2007, travelled with family
2  Thank Galugo
Reviewed 25 March 2008

Beautiful spot on the ocean. Accomodations are fine. Not elegant, but comfortable. Owners are cheap. The notepad by the phone is a cheap memo pad with an address label stuck on every page. They give you one packet of coffee. If you ask for another they say no that you need to go buy your own. Who wants to buy a big thing of coffee for a few days on vacation???? The owners kids appear to be running the place. They are probably early 20s and have their friends over at night where they drink beer and talk loudly at the hotel's outdoor umbrella table. The cleaning guy is awesome. They are very lucky to have him and he is the nicest one of the bunch. No tv in the bedroom we had. I would be a lot more hospitable than these owners are. I think they're in the wrong business but I'm glad they haven't sold out to all the highrise developers probably drooling over this beautiful piece of land.

• Stayed: February 2008, travelled as a couple
2  Thank luckylou28
Reviewed 2 March 2008

I spent 2 weeks at the Manta Ray Inn and it was a very nice expérience. Yes it looks like a motel from the 50's and that what makes it so special. The property is very well kept and it's right on the beach. You couldn't be closer. What a pleasure to watch the sunrise from your room or on the beautiful beach. The owners are very nice and very helpfull if you need anything. I travel a lot, usually in 5 stars hotel, and this experience was a real change from impersonnal, design and cold hotel rooms you can find anywhere in the world. And no I never felt unsafe. If you go to the Manta ray Inn take it as an experience back in time: relaxing, cool, quiet far away from the show off and the rat race. And moreover it was cheap. I would definetly go back.

V, Paris France