First of all if you have high expectations this place is not for you. This is an old hotel that was converted to timeshared units and if you made your homework you will already know it by the pictures avaiable on the web.
But the location is the best and if you keep an open mind you can have a great time there.
We were there in January 2011 and we had a two bedrooms unit located just beside the lobby. (Unit #107).
The unit we had looked like it was three hotel rooms that were linked together to make a big unit. We had a master bedroom with a queen bed, a really small bathroom (with shower), a safe and a TV with a blurred image (this TV should be replace), the second bedroom had two really small beds, a really small bathroom (with shower) and a small TV. The middle room was the "living room"/kitchen. It had a sofa bed, a table for 6, a good kitchen area, a big flat screen TV, and a really really small bathroom (no shower).
The best thing about the unit was that it was spotless. I was a little worried about that place since it is so old but I must say it was very very clean. Yes it is old and there are reminders of it everywhere (loose doorknob, weird closet configuration, door splitting at the bottom, real keys !), but the staff really does the job to keep it clean and functionnal.
I must also mention that they have big windows that seem to be almost new and you can open them so this is nice. The bed were confortable and the kitchen is well equiped.
They do have a pool but it is really (and I mean really) small, but since you are directly on the beach and this is such a great beach, we never saw more than three peoples at the pool ! There are two BBQ available near the pool and there is also a shuffle board game near the South building (You must get the equipment at the front desk).
There is a laundry room behind the West building but it looks really really bad. I should have take pictures because I cannot describe the poor condition it is. But again the washer/dryer are functionnals so it does the job. Just a warning about the laundry room, they ask that you use it before 8h00AM or after 4h00PM because during the weekdays it is use by the staff for the resort needs. You can buy detergent at the lobby if you need (0.50$ for a small box).
You also have to know that the lobby opens at 8h00AM and closes at 5h00PM, except on Sunday where it does not open at all ! So if you want to play shuffle board or borrow a book after 5h00PM, think of it in advance ! But for emergency they have a phone number that can be reach anytime and there is a phone right besides the lobby. We did use the emergency number one night and someone from the staff came to resolve the situation within 5 minutes so this is not really a problem.
Here is what you won't find there : No game room (videogames), no jacuzzi, no activities (except a hot-dog party mid-week but again not much fuzz there), no fitness center, no business center (there is one guess computer available in the lobby (30 min. at a time) , but outside the lobby hours you cannot access it.), no washer/dryer in the unit and no bath.
So until now I didn't really sold you the place right ! But if you kept reading this mean that you have an open mind so here are the things that could help you decide if this place is for you.
1) The beach is the best. The sand is clean, the ocean is very nice, overall the beach is so beautiful it will make you forget all the little things that could have bothered you before.
2) The resort provides you beach towels and they have a lot of beach chairs so you won't ever have to get up at 7h00 to reserve one !
3) The staff is very nice. Joel at the front desk and Shirley (housekeeping) were always ready to help you with a smile. (Ok, Lisa at front desk always seemed to be bothered when you talk to her, even if it was just to say good morning, but I guess she had a really important "solitary" game going on !)
4) There is a really nice broadwalk (Hollywood Beach Broadwalk) more than 2 miles long just a couple of block North of Enchanted Isle. You will find a lot of things there (restaurant, bar, kid parks, bike rental, etc...). Don't miss it, go take a walk over there it really is worth it.
5) Free very reliable wi-fi in the room.
6) Did I mention the great beach !!!
This place has no pretention and we did enjoy our stay there. I would recommand this place to my friend and family but only after explaining what they should expect so they would not be desapointed.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com so you can book your Enchanted Isle Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Enchanted Isle By Evrentals Hotel Hollywood
- Enchanted Isle Resort Hollywood, Florida