“Relax and enjoy the beach.”

Enchanted Isle Resort
Ranked #30 of 66 Hotels in Hollywood
Quebec City, Canada
“Relax and enjoy the beach.”
Reviewed 31 January 2011

First of all if you have high expectations this place is not for you. This is an old hotel that was converted to timeshared units and if you made your homework you will already know it by the pictures avaiable on the web.

But the location is the best and if you keep an open mind you can have a great time there.

We were there in January 2011 and we had a two bedrooms unit located just beside the lobby. (Unit #107).

The unit we had looked like it was three hotel rooms that were linked together to make a big unit. We had a master bedroom with a queen bed, a really small bathroom (with shower), a safe and a TV with a blurred image (this TV should be replace), the second bedroom had two really small beds, a really small bathroom (with shower) and a small TV. The middle room was the "living room"/kitchen. It had a sofa bed, a table for 6, a good kitchen area, a big flat screen TV, and a really really small bathroom (no shower).

The best thing about the unit was that it was spotless. I was a little worried about that place since it is so old but I must say it was very very clean. Yes it is old and there are reminders of it everywhere (loose doorknob, weird closet configuration, door splitting at the bottom, real keys !), but the staff really does the job to keep it clean and functionnal.

I must also mention that they have big windows that seem to be almost new and you can open them so this is nice. The bed were confortable and the kitchen is well equiped.

They do have a pool but it is really (and I mean really) small, but since you are directly on the beach and this is such a great beach, we never saw more than three peoples at the pool ! There are two BBQ available near the pool and there is also a shuffle board game near the South building (You must get the equipment at the front desk).

There is a laundry room behind the West building but it looks really really bad. I should have take pictures because I cannot describe the poor condition it is. But again the washer/dryer are functionnals so it does the job. Just a warning about the laundry room, they ask that you use it before 8h00AM or after 4h00PM because during the weekdays it is use by the staff for the resort needs. You can buy detergent at the lobby if you need (0.50$ for a small box).

You also have to know that the lobby opens at 8h00AM and closes at 5h00PM, except on Sunday where it does not open at all ! So if you want to play shuffle board or borrow a book after 5h00PM, think of it in advance ! But for emergency they have a phone number that can be reach anytime and there is a phone right besides the lobby. We did use the emergency number one night and someone from the staff came to resolve the situation within 5 minutes so this is not really a problem.

Here is what you won't find there : No game room (videogames), no jacuzzi, no activities (except a hot-dog party mid-week but again not much fuzz there), no fitness center, no business center (there is one guess computer available in the lobby (30 min. at a time) , but outside the lobby hours you cannot access it.), no washer/dryer in the unit and no bath.

So until now I didn't really sold you the place right ! But if you kept reading this mean that you have an open mind so here are the things that could help you decide if this place is for you.

1) The beach is the best. The sand is clean, the ocean is very nice, overall the beach is so beautiful it will make you forget all the little things that could have bothered you before.

2) The resort provides you beach towels and they have a lot of beach chairs so you won't ever have to get up at 7h00 to reserve one !

3) The staff is very nice. Joel at the front desk and Shirley (housekeeping) were always ready to help you with a smile. (Ok, Lisa at front desk always seemed to be bothered when you talk to her, even if it was just to say good morning, but I guess she had a really important "solitary" game going on !)

4) There is a really nice broadwalk (Hollywood Beach Broadwalk) more than 2 miles long just a couple of block North of Enchanted Isle. You will find a lot of things there (restaurant, bar, kid parks, bike rental, etc...). Don't miss it, go take a walk over there it really is worth it.

5) Free very reliable wi-fi in the room.

6) Did I mention the great beach !!!

This place has no pretention and we did enjoy our stay there. I would recommand this place to my friend and family but only after explaining what they should expect so they would not be desapointed.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled with family
8 Thank Marco

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 8 November 2010

If all you need is a place to store your bags and lay your head down at night, then this is absolutely the right place for you. The place calls itself a RESORT but it's a no thrills, no frills, oceanside, 1 bedroom, 1.25 bath apartment with a beautiful view and a few footsteps to the sand. The building we stayed in is in desperate need of both interior and exterior upgrades. They don't really NEED a swimming pool, but they have one and it looked pretty gnarly plus there is no jacuzzi. The laundry room was like something you would find in a 3rd world country. The guy who checked us in was courteous and attentive but the rest of the week there was a woman who wouldnt look up (or heaven forbid actualy GET UP) from her computer to answer a question or help us. The one housekeeper named Shirley was the shining star of the staff. The entire city is Wi-Fi which is a plus. Relatively clean and safe at night, but the nearest restaurants are a very long walk away so some kind of transpo is needed. Last, even though it sleeps four (masterbed plus pull-out couch), it's really only comfortable for 2 adults. Again, you cannot beat the view, everything else is just so-so.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled with friends
2 Thank KMJOH
Miami, FL
Reviewed 20 May 2010

Just wanted to give an update. I stayed there last week and am happy to report that the rooms are getting a facelift. Our unit #405 which we have stayed in before had brand new beds, new curtains, no more carpeting just nice tile, a new sofabed and fresh paint job. We didn't have the flat screens in this unit but I'm sure it's coming. Also the wi-fi has been upgraded and is now available in building 4 as well and it works great.

I was disappointed that the management refused to put the pool heater on all week because it was very breezy and uncomfortably cold but they insisted that it is already summer and no need for the heater. I don't agree. May can be cool and breezy and it was unseasonably breezy this past week.

There was also a guest with a dog which is not allowed but somehow management allowed him to keep his dog. They were boldly walking the dog all week in plain sight so obviously they weren't concerned. I like dogs but they are obviously not enforcing this rule.

Other than this minor issue with the pool (which was major for us for our enjoyment) the place looks better than ever.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with friends
2 Thank chriskre
Elkhorn, Wisconsin
Reviewed 4 October 2009

We booked here from Sept. 26-Oct. 3 using an RCI exchange. We knew it was an older beach property and were not expecting the typical RCI resort, and it isn't. However, I found it endearing that the first page of their information folder said that they were one of the original timeshare properties and they realize that resorts have been taken to way other levels, but they strive for excellent service and making your stay enjoyable. Accomplished! The first thing we noticed was that the place is CLEAN!!!! This is South Florida and we never saw a bug! Don't know how they do it, but they do. We had a comfortable one bedroom unit on the second floor of the #2 building overlooking the pool. (Buildings 3 and 4 are being renovated.) The kitchen is well-equipped, the bathroom has a large tile shower, and there was a living and dining area. We thought it would be better to be oceanfront, but we had the opportunity to see one of those units and the building we were in seemed to be in better repair. You can still use the tables, chaises, etc. that are on the beach side. Wireless internet is available at no charge in the units and they have a public computer available in the common area. We like that they have recycling bins, as it always makes me uncomfortable when at a resort, to be throwing recyclables in the trash. All the staff was very friendly and helpful. Hollywood itself is a great little city, located between Ft. Lauderdale and Miami, so you can have all those places have to offer as well as the Broadwalk along the ocean (shops, bars, and restaurants) in Hollywood. Hollywood's downtown area is amazing too. We would definitely return to this city and this resort. Just keep in mind, that it is what it is: an older, CLEAN beach hotel.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Marilyn189
Washington D.C.
Reviewed 21 July 2009

My fiance's friends (a married couple) had a timeshare in Hollywood, Florida, so we all went together in a group of 4. We are not too into luxury, but wanted to have a place right on the beach. Although there was an Enchanted Isle building with oceanfront rooms, we stayed in the building behind the swimming pool. The whole place is pretty old. It was VERY obvious that they painted over and over to hide rust, etc. Bathroom was very small with very small stand-up shower. My fiance and I did not even take off our sandals while we were taking showers. (And I backpack.. things usually don't bother me..) I liked the fact that they have a personal safe. The bed was ehh.. not very comfy. But I do have a very expensive bed at home. Can't expect too much..

It rained at least once a day for about 30mins~an hour. It really pours. I really enjoyed sitting down on the porch and looking at the storm with a cold beer in my hand though. They kept the pool's temperature pretty warm, so we even swam in the pool as it was raining. The pool area can get pretty loud though.

Service is pretty bad. We asked for a roll of paper towels on the third or fourth day, and they charged me $1 per roll. Not at all helpful. When I asked about WiFi, she was very rude, and told me that it's not even part of the amenities. They do have WiFi though, if it decides to work.

Grocery stores are pretty close by. Go south to the Publix. It's much closer. You will find other stores as well. You would definitely need a rental car though.

I generally love the beach! So it didn't really bother me that there were trash and broken shells all over the beach. Water is very clean and calm. Really enjoyed sitting on a chair in the water and reading a book.

Overall, it's not a place for you to buy a timeshare. If your timeshare has an exchange program, then you can book it with nominal fees.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple