“What a memorable birthday I had here!!!!”
Review of Vedu's Fish and Burger Shack - CLOSED

Vedu's Fish and Burger Shack
Cuisines: Contemporary
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch
Reviewed 9 April 2012

First time eating here, and not a very good experience. Ordered the shrimp PO boy and fries. Meal comes out with ice cold fries , I promptly sent them back. It took 15 more min. to get a new batch. These were the same old fries re dipped in old grease, to say the least, they where oily. I sent them back and asked to have them removed from my bill. This is where it goes from bad to worst! ALEXIS the manager tells me i have to pay for the complete meal as the fries only cost one dollar, but does not take them off my bill. I told her to remove it and i would be happiy to pay the rest of my bill. She said i have to pay the whole bill or she will call the police. I tell her to call the police . She then comes out and mocks me telling her about the bill In front of all the other customers (about 4). As well as in front of the the entire boardwalk. I asked the waitress for the corrected bill and then I paid , leaving an 18% tip (that was added to the bill already), I would never go back to this place. Even if i where a hostage and hungry. SAVE YOUR MONEY DON'T EAT HERE AND BE DISRESPECTED !!!!!! Alexis you gave horrible customer service!!! And you call yourself a manager !

Reviewed 30 March 2012

Really couldn't have done better than this on a busy sunny afternoon on Hollywood beach. It was cool and comfortable on the covered porch while still enjoying full view of the action. Service was a touch slow and they only accept cash but i would recommend nevertheless. The menu is varied and everything was nicely done from the salad to crabs to fried foods. We loved the two dollar draft beer too!

1  Thank MN_on_the_road
Reviewed 22 March 2012

Friendly and attentive service, they were out of the soft shell crabs today. I'm trying the Lobster Salad on a Salad.

Reviewed 21 March 2012

I crave a good lobster roll every summer when I visit Montauk. Never expected to find an even better one on Hollywood's boardwalk. It's expensive (like in NY), but much more generous with big chunks of fresh lobster, not too finely chopped. I had mine over salad and the portion was more than you get in an average lobster. As far as the other food, our experience has been that you need to know what to order. We had great service today, but it sometimes can be slow, but it's great to just relax and enjoy the people watching and the beautiful ocean view.

1  Thank LornaRidgewood_NJ
Reviewed 10 March 2012

Horrible service miserable host and over priced food. Sum up our visit to Vedu's(the hole on Hollywood beach) The place was empty should have been our first clue but we decided to give them a try anyways. Big mistake server was short with us from the get go forgot to bring drinks just Slow service for a empty restaurant. Then the bill comes and I see they add 20% Auto gratuity. What a joke we gave her a five dollar tip because that's the level of service she gave us. Then her true colors came out. She became quite angry and said Canadians are always cheap. Save yourself a headache stay away.

3  Thank Tori896