“Horrible with bad service”

Beach and Town Motel
Ranked #60 of 66 Hotels in Hollywood
“Horrible with bad service”
Reviewed 10 June 2013

I booked a room for my son 's BDAY weekend, let's just say nothing worked the room was dirty and the service when we complained was rude and disrespectful. The only good thing was the pool. Never again.

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank illyria38

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Miami, Florida
Reviewed 12 March 2013

BEWARE!!!!!!!!! DO NOT stay at this disgusting place. I travel alot, and am in no means a "Ritz Carlton" travelor. HOWEVER. I made a reservation through hotels.com for this place. I do not know the Hollywood area, this place is in the ghetto. As we pulled up and exited our vehicle there was a dragqueen prostitute walking by. There was also unusual characters walking by us and staring. (Myself, My three year old daughter and my Mother). Just watching us onload our belongings.This made me extremely uncomfortable, this awful feeling came over me, I instantly wished I hada firearm. As we entered the room the lights did not work, the TV was stuck on one channel and the volume did not work. Also, the bathroom window was stuck open and there was a half a rol of toilet paper. I called the front desk and she waskind, she came and put one light bulb in. As I re-entered the room, I saw the heinous mess. First thing we did was pull the sheets back, to find hair, blood (or rust) marks and burn holes in the comforter, dirt and something that had been spilled on the floor, cords and wores all over and some sort of roach or rat poop. At that point, WE packed up as fast as we could and left, the front desk agent refused a refund. I will say, hotels.com gave me a full refund this morning. I just would hate for a family to stay at this place. If you are picking up a prostitute for the evening by all means this is the spot, for a safe, clean family enviroment, STAY FAR AWAY.

Room Tip: Research the area before going with a "deal"
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
10 Thank SallyA881

Travellers are raving about these Hollywood hotels

Halifax, Massachusetts
Reviewed 5 March 2013

Booked this motel through Booking.com. We arrived late at night and when we got there they said they gave the room away. They said if we had booked through Expedia they would have held the room. They place was a dump in a very bad section of town. We were lucky to find another hotel at mid-night because we were heading to the Keys in the morning. Not happy with Booking.com and the Beach and Town.

Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Judith S
Port of Spain, Trinidad
Reviewed 28 February 2013

where to begin? i had to over night in ft lauderdale and this was the only cheap option! meaning 100USD a night! it was definitely not worth it period! the bathroom was horrible. there was no toilet paper in the bathroom at least there were clean towels (or so i assume) and soap. all the lights weren't working properly. i couldnt adjust the temperature on the ac unit. the reception area closes at 9pm so if you decide to get service after that! well good luck! the customer service is excellent however i must say that was the only good thing about the place. and oh the cable doesnt work at least the room i got cause i know the next door neighbor was watching tv. this room was definitely not worth the money i paid because the night before i stayed in a holiday inn in manhattan and paid 20$ more and was way better than this motel

• Stayed February 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank btall7073
Reviewed 30 January 2013

The owner Sheila is awesome. I will stay here every time I visit Florida. The service and cleanliness of this motel is impeccable. The location is amazing. It is five short blocks from Young Circle. I would recommend Beach and Town to anyone. Did I mention the oversized heated pool.

• Stayed January 2013
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 30 September 2012

There rude lazy one of the worst rooms I ever been to and I travel a lot the house keeping is the worst part and to top it off there racist I'm African American they referred me and my husband as u people and treated way different just because I want my towel earlier then 5:00 in the after noon

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank gabbysonlymom
Moore
Reviewed 29 March 2012

I can't complain about the price for the days I stayed. I did not have a microwave in the room, no one came to bring clean towels, empty the trash, or make the bed. I believe there was only one housekeeper. Apparently beds do not get made. I did not feel that comfortable even though the staff was nice. The back gate will not open with the key I was given and the washers were outside. Where the dryers were is beyond me. And after hours you can't go through the front. This is only my review but it may have been wonderful for others. Leaving towels on the chair outside someone's door does not constitute they will get it. Hopefully my small review will be taken as a way to better the hotel

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

1 Thank Reaella W