“Pricey Mix of Highs and Lows”
Review of Martorano's - CLOSED

Martorano's
Price range: US$30 - US$50
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: State Road 7
Reviewed 11 August 2013

My wife and I made a reservation to eat here for 7:00 PM on a Saturday evening. There were tables available but better safe than sorry. Reservations are made by OpenTable on the internet. First surprise were the iced teas we ordered - they were bottled drinks at $6 each. Service was excellent, but confusing since no less than 5 people brought water, took orders, cleared plates, brought beverages etc. Water glasses were never empty. Crispy shrimp appetizer was excellent, spicy and sweet. Plenty for 2 people. Fresh bread arrived promptly, but a request for balsamic vinegar (a $3 charge) took quite a while to arrive. Our waiter told us meals would arrive when each was ready not all together at one time. My wife's chicken marsala was a hearty serving of tender, well prepared chicken in a perfectly seasoned gravy. The gnocchi were overly firm. My veal cutlet parmesean arrived second and was a disappointment. The serving was small, the veal overcooked and dry. The gnocchi were firm and tasteless. I have had much better for $10 less. Dinner (no alcohol, no coffee, no desert) was $97 before tip. Martorano's is pricey and noisy and lacks any real feel of elegance one might expect with the pricing. If you are going to a show there at the Hard Rock Live they do work to get you out quickly.

Reviewed 10 August 2013

My boyfriend went out for a quick bite before a show. And it was absolutely perfect. Ate the Eggplant Stack, shrimp scampi, and a salad. Every bite was superb. And to top it off, the food came out quickly and the service was so great the waiter even divided the food for us at our table. I have never had someone go out of their way to cut up my food. At the moment I felt like a princess.

Reviewed 4 July 2013

Visiting the Hard Rock Casino on a weekend night, we stopped here for dinner. We were not disappointed! The menu was a bit pricey (which can be expected at a touristy destination) but my 4 friends and I had a wonderful experience. I ordered the Homemade Meatball w/ the South Philly salad...delicious and just enough. The meatball was yummy and the salad was great. I was contemplating having the seafood special (always ask first) but did not as it was over $60.00 and my budget was limited. We shared a dessert - it was a spurge for us - the Waffle And Ice Cream Sandwich was out of this world :)
all through dinner the fabulous DJ - did not get his name- blasted older tunes w/ an upbeat tempo. (I even asked him how he know Rod Stewart)
Our server let us know that at 9;00 PM the lights would lower, strobe, and the restaurant would change into more of a club experience - didn't know if we were warned because we were an older group but we LOVED it!
Would defin go back if in the area again!
And my friend watched Steve Martorano "Makes Mozzarella" on Jimmy Kimmel Live on July 1!

Reviewed 23 June 2013

went on Saturday night 7 pm pretty empty...got meatball app and mac n cheese....meat ball amazing mac n cheese 12.00 to me tasted like shells n cheese rest of my table loved it...on to dinner we got 2 specials one was a seafood pasta special red sauce one tail 2 shrimp hand full of squid and 4 clams...the waiter didn't tell us the price..ready ..........62.00 for a 16.00 dollar dish at any other place...I got the fish special which was 48.00 no sides no salad came w any thing...the third person in my party got a rigatoni n chicken dish 34.00 the boxed pasta was so under done the we made waiter try it he agreed took it back when he brought it back he said steve likes it this way....who cares what if steve likes likes crunchy pasta...fyi u would think for these prices it would be home made....on to dessert there way to upscale to serve coffee only cap n expresso so 15.00 worth of cap and tiramisue...14.00 for that.....so us 3 ladys had a 200.00 dinner that was mediocre at best....there way to full of them selfs and I belive steve thinks hes gods gift to itialian food which he isn't...wayyyyyy over priced....had to keep asking for water refills...

1  Thank Rebecca B
Reviewed 23 May 2013

Ate hear just before a Crosby Stills Nash concert at the Hard Rock. Very busy place. Sat at the bar in front of the kitchen. Had the veal parmigiana, glass of their house red wine and cannoli for desert. Great meal. Highly recommend. Was lucky to get seated without a reservation.