“They know where the fish are !”

Sea Legs Deep Sea Fishing
More attraction details
Owner description: Sea Legs III deep sea fishing boat in Hollywood, FL has been family owned and operated since 1969. We are an integral part of the history of the city of Hollywood, Fort Lauderdale and Miami. Deep Sea Fishing, drift fishing is in our blood. As third generation drift boat and sport fishing captains, we know the South Florida oceans like no other Sport Fishing or party boat captain in South Florida. Sea Legs III deep sea fishing charters is the #1 boat to fish on. Our drift fishing boat Super Sea Legs is 75ft overall. She was built is 1999 and was refitted in 2012 with all of the state of the art electronics & fishing finding equipment. She has a main cabin which is fully air conditioned. Inside, you will find comfort & protection from the elements, satellite TV along with 2 very clean restrooms & a dining area with tables. It is USCG approved with all equipment that is maintained to keep you and your family safe. Bench seating surrounds the Super Sea Legs gives every deep sea fisherman plenty of room. Licensed for 60 drift fishing passengers, the Super Sea Legs limits its load to 40 in order to give you plenty of elbow room you need to keep you comfortable. Our mates have decades of deep sea fishing, drift fishing, anchor fishing experience and are more than willing to teach you the best techniques of drift fishing or deep sea fishing. Our mates are friendly and courteous and are on the Super Sea Legs for the sole purpose of serving our customers, making sure they catch fish and helping them have the deep sea fishing or drift fishing experience of a life time. No matter what type of fishing you may be doing, you can be sure, the captain and crew are giving their best effort to achieve success! For more information please call us 954-923-2109
Reviewed 21 May 2014

If your an expert with a rod and reel or a complete Lanlubber. The Captain and crew will make you feel right at home. Or should I say, right at Sea.
You can bring your own cooler and stock it with the beverage and sandwich of your choice.
During the busy season, I would call ahead to make sure you get a spot at the rail.
Can't wait to sail again.

1  Thank bhotter1775

Reviewed 30 March 2014

I found a coupon for $5 off on their facebook page that clearly states to print it out "or show it on your phone." The female cashier refused to honor it, stating that we had to bring in the printout. I could have handled that, but she became extremely rude and vulgar (cursing) in front of my two grandsons. She had a temper tantrum and was not going to allow us on, but other staff intervened. I did not want to ruin my grandsons' day, so we went on the boat.

I'm happy to say that we had a wonderful time once on the boat. The onboard staff were courteous and extremely helpful.

Reviewed 12 March 2014

best drift boat in south Florida. Why then shouldn't I be telling you this - simple, then too many people will want to go. Whether it's daytime drifting for kings or bottom for snapper, triggers etc or nite time anchoring for yellowtail they're the boat to be on. Mates are helpful. Captains are dedicated in trying to get you all the fish they can short of jumping in the water and putting them on your hook. Prices are friendly. What better way to spend a morning, afternoon or evening.

1  Thank alexandertowers
Reviewed 21 February 2014

The Sea Legs was down for a few months with repairs . Im glad there back up and running . Captain Kenny is well known and respected in the fishing community . And for good reason , hes a great captain and is more hands on than many other captains. I cant tell you how many times he toldf people they had a fish on before they even realized or when they didnt realize at all . Ive been on a few other drift boats and none compare to the experience of fishing with Capt Kenny .

Reviewed 5 September 2012

Captain Kenny is the best, he finds the fish!

I have been fishing for the whole year down here in S. Florida (up and down the coast up to Jupiter and down as far as Miami) EVERYBODY in the industry knows about Captain Kenny and state as fact that this boat is the best.

The prices are extremely reasonable in comparison to other drift boats in the area and the price for the day drift can not be beat (25 dollars!!!) I have caught groupers and snappers big enough to feed me for weeks on this boat.

If you get the chance take a trip down to see Captain Kenny and take a drift, it will be an enjoyable trip.

things to remember:

If you easily get sea sick do not drink alcohol on or before the trip, as well do not eat before or on the boat, this is probably one of the number one reasons why people become sick on boats who do not have their "Sea Legs"

If your staying at a hotel or a place that does not have a kitchen I would seriously encourage you to throw back your catch, its very important to keep the south Florida fishery vibrant, one of the ways you can do this is by returning your catch to the ocean so they may live to reproduce and keep our local waters alive!

Don't forget to tip the mates! I cant tell you how many times I've seen non-locals forget to tip the mates, they work hard every single day and work on tips much like a waiter in a restaurant so its important to pay them accordingly, I would suggest 5-10 dollars per trip. The tips are split so you don't have to worry about tipping anybody specifically.

Drift boats are not for fishing big game fish, it will happen occasionally, but the very nature of drift fishing is to drop your bait to the bottom of the sea and catch fish that live in the lower zones of the ocean. Fish that reside in this area are both fun to catch and delicious to eat: Snappers, Groupers and trigger fish / reef fish reside in the area drift boats target. Don't expect to catch a big game fish unless you are well seasoned and bring your own gear.

Trust the captain!! He knows where the fish are and will find them for you, sometimes nature is fickle, for a good catch make sure that the ocean currents are not running strong (this will keep the bait from staying on the bottom, keeping the fish from seeing your bait, thus keeping fish from being caught)

Overall the fishing experiance on this boat is wonderful and I would suggest anybody who wants to catch fish (ocean conditions permitting) to take a trip with captain Kenny on the Sea Legs

3  Thank SDRivers