After attempting to check-in to the Westin Diplomat Resort & Spa, we were informed that they had overbooked the hotel due to a logistics conference being held there. The Westin immediately rebooked us at the Crowne Plaza Hollywood Beach across the street. We arrived at the Crowne Plaza a little inconvenienced by the Westin's mishap; however, the valets and bell staff at the Crowne Plaza immediately dissipated our inconvenienced mood. The service provided by these gentlemen was nothing less than spectacular.
We meandered inside to the check-in counter. The lobby is nothing spectacular, but the hoteliers did the most they could with the architecturally awkward space. The front desk staff was kind and courteous. Check-in was breeze and out bags followed immediately behind.
Our room had a balcony that overlooked the northside parking lot of the building. Before you gasp at the thought of a parking lot view, I must note that you could see both the intercoastal waterway and the ocean from our room. The Crowne Plaza is not oceanfront, but is well-placed nonetheless. The beds in our room were comfortable and plush. Crowne Plaza, the brand, has put a premium on helping its guests obtain the best sleep possible. The "sweet sleep" package in the room certainly helped. The bathroom was large and certainly sufficient.
All of the dining options appeared to be adequate. The pool area was adjacent to the intercoastal waterway. The resort did a good job making the pool area feel secluded in the busy South Florida sun! I enjoyed a cup of coffee by the pool while watching boats pass by on the intercoastal. The lounge chairs were very comfortable, although I did notice some "seat saving" happening very early in the morning. Of course, I always find the people that do that quite selfish!
All in all, the Crowne Plaza Hollywood Beach was a great hotel. I recommend it to anyone!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Reserve a welcoming stay at the Crowne Plaza Hollywood Beach Resort, one of the premier Fort Lauderdale hotels. Our ideal location among Hollywood, Florida hotels situates us conveniently between luminous beachfronts and stellar Ft. Lauderdale attractions like Gulfstream Park and Miami Dolphin Stadium. Experience lodging that befits the stunning surroundings. Utilize our state-of-the-art fitness center, taste South Florida hotel cuisine at Elements Bistro or sip a cool cocktail from Lava Tiki Bar & Grille. After a spectacular day of fun in the sun, retire to our richly-appointed guestrooms at one of the leading hotels in Hollywood, FL. Don t miss a gorgeous sunset from your balcony, and take advantage of amenities including complimentary high-speed Internet access, in-room safe, refrigerator, microwave and free premium cable. Upgrade to one of our three elegant suites and enjoy the comfort of a private bedroom and the refreshing feel of modern design. Plan your South Florida travel around a luxurious stay at one of the newest Florida vacation resorts. Discover chic, yet affordable waterfront lodging with one of our Hollywood, Florida vacation packages. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Odigeo, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Ebookers, Cancelon, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Crowne Plaza Hollywood Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Hollywood Beach Hotel Hollywood
- Hollywood Crowne Plaza
- Crowne Plaza Hollywood Beach Florida