“Comfortable, mid range hotel” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Crowne Plaza Hollywood Beach

Crowne Plaza Hollywood Beach
Ranked #9 of 66 Hotels in Hollywood
Arlington, Virginia
“Comfortable, mid range hotel”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 November 2011

I stayed at this hotel for a conference and overall it was a comfortable hotel that was what I expected for a Crowne Plaza. My room was really large and I liked having a sink and mini fridge. There was free wi-fi which is quickly becoming a rarity in business hotels so I was glad for that. One thing I found odd is how the sink area is in the main area of the room. I have seen this in other hotels (namely the Andaz in San Diego) but done better in terms of room layout and design. I am very particular about bathrooms in hotels and this one could have used nicer finishes (e.g. better tile and fixtures) but at least it was clean. I ordered room service my first night (a salad and steamed vegetables) since I arrived quite late and I was surprised to find it was very good and fast. I used the hotel fitness center and it was spacious with a lot of machines. The treadmills however are older and I couldn't get one of them to go past 6 mph speed. One bonus I did appreciate is that as a Priority Club member, I was offered the option to check out late on my last day which was nice. Overall it was a comfortable stay -- nothing spectacular but nothing to really complain about.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
mistypfllso, Manager at Crowne Plaza Hollywood Beach, responded to this review, 2 December 2011
Dear PinaColada02,

It's so funny that some people love the sink in the rooms and others do not feel comfortable with that layout. I do apologize for the inconvenience that may have caused however, it is a standard with all of our rooms.
However, it great to hear that you enjoy your stay overall and appreciate your great comments.
The speed of the Treadmills has not been brought to our attention previously so we will certainly look into it. Thank you for your feedback and for sharing pictures of your stay :)
See you soon!

Tana F.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (375)
  • Turkish first
Bradford, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 November 2011

Profile: 40's couple, typical stay at Marriott or Hilton. 1 night stay. 6th floor

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for one night prior to boarding a Celebrity Cruise out of Miami. We have previously stayed at Fort Lauderdale Beach Hilton and downtown Miami. 1st time at Hollywood Beach. We booked through Hotwire and got rate of $99.

Pros: The rooms are VERY spacious with kitchenette, upscale, clean, nicely decorated, and 'fresh'. Our balcony had a nice view. Walking distance to Wal-Mart (over the bridge) for last minute items was convenient. Easy access via Trolley station out front to get down to Broadwalk, shops, restaurants, etc. Pool looked inviting but didn't have a chance to check out. Hotel located on inlet so still some water around.

Cons: Quite a distance from Broadwalk (Hollywood's boardwalk), shopping, restaurants, etc. Missed the beachfront (and strip) that you have at FL beach. Slow wifi.

Was not happy that the concierge advised the cost of transportation to POM was same for taxi ($65) and van transportation. Called SAS Transportation (morning of the cruise) and arranged for pickup and transportation of $15 (standard rate).

Room Tip: Would not want room on side of bridge - noisier and somewhat obstructed by concrete.
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Magabi
Dear Magabi,

I'm happy your enjoyed the hotel but it's unfortunate you did not get a chance to enjoy the pool. Maybe next time :) I will address the Wi-Fi speed with my Executive team and see what necessary actions can be taken to improve the service.
Thank you for your great feedback and hopefully we'll see you soon!

St. Petersburg, Russia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 November 2011

Was on a business trip from 12-th to 19-th november. Here is my opinion about it:
Pros:
1. Polite staff
2. Good location
3. Free Wi-Fi
4. Swimming pool, working form 8 am to 10 pm
Cons:
1. Wi-Fi is not fast enough to use skype
2. I forgot my wedding ring on the bedside table (100% remember it was there). Called them next day right after I got back home after a long flight. They told me, they'll look and call me back. The next day I called them again, cause I have not received an answer. They told me they were unable to locate the ring.
Neutral:
1. Parking for 15$ a day
2. Breakfast is average and each day the same

Will give it 4 stars, but forgotten wedding ring, which they are unable to return, spoiled my perception. Sorry:(

Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
Dear Vladimir,

I'm sorry to hear of the unfortunate lost of your wedding ring. I have confirmed with the Front Office Manager, whom you spoke with originally, and she has informed me that after thorough investigation they did not find a ring.
On the other hand, it is good to hear that you did enjoy the stay despite that incident. I will certainly discuss with my management team the speed of our Wi-Fi and see what necessary actions can be taken.
Thank you for your feedback and we hope to see you soon!

Stockholm, Sweden
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 November 2011

We stayed here for three nights in November. The room is large, there is a microvawe owen and fridge in the room. Room service even did the dishes.

The pool area is exceptional for this range of hotel. Pool service serves all the dishes of the restaurant.

I am a Platinum guest at Crwone Plaza and thus got free valet parking and an upgrade for the room (better view, but similar rooms I believe). We had a marvellous view over the pool area and waterway including draw bridge.Thank you!

Breakfast was, for this category of hotel, below expectations. I compare it to Crowne Plaza Key west, which is substantially better. Then again, I am European, and my idea of a good breakfast is not the average American's idea of a good breakfast. However, there is a 7 eleven next door, so no problem fixing your own breakfast.

Staff were very kind and friendly. then again, I never have any issues with hotel staff. And I often wonder why others have. Then again, I am still European and have perhaps low expectations on service, whereas Americans have higher expectations???

All in all, a VERY good hotel. We paid 180 $ incl. breakfast, and as a Platinum guest we got some free extras.

On the negative side, it is far from South Beach. Some 30 minutes by car at least. Then again, similar hotels on South Beach are more expensive.

Room Tip: A corner room such as 514, 614, etc. offers a nice view.
1 Thank SunSnowSto
Dear SunSnowSto,

I love the European comments on the breakfast and service expectations :)
I'm glad to hear that you were pleased with the hotel and received the great amenities as a Platinum member with Priority Club.
I wish we would have known you wanted to be closer to South Beach so we could have inform you of the distance prior to your arrival but it sounds like you enjoyed Hollywood Beach just the same. I hope we'll see you the next time your in the States from Sweden. We'll have to save you one of those rooms with the great view!

Linda-a-Velha, Portugal
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 November 2011

Went there for a conference nearby. Spacious room and bathroom, always clean, decent breakfast and dinner. Efficient reception staff.
Free Internet connection but too slow, specialy late at night.
Some problems with expenses wrongly added to account, but quickly corrected by front desk.
Will come back any time.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
mistypfllso, Manager at Crowne Plaza Hollywood Beach, responded to this review, 25 November 2011
Dear jmbcouto,

Thank you for the positive review and it's great to hear we were able to make the business trip pleasurable :) Your tips on the internet will be relayed to our Executive team.
We'll see you soon!

Los Angeles
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 November 2011

Having stayed in 4 - 5 star hotels across Europe and North America, I arrived at this hotel straight from a high end hotel in NY Times Square. I was here for 13 nights in November. Overall, it was a very pleasant stay. There are huge postives. Rooms are spacious with good self-catering facilities. Delightful, huge and warm swimming pool with superb views of canals and boats cruising by. There is a nice beach 5 mins walk across from the hotel. The hotel was ALWAYS clean, and the staff excellent. Our room was changed on request to a quiet room, and the Latino concierge (I forget his name) was superb. He found me stamps for some mail to Europe, called the post office to confirm the postage was correct, and called me on the beach to verify that my numerous letters/packages had been sent !!!. I plan to return !!

The few gripes I read about this hotel before booking all turned out to be a bit overblown. The restaurant is over-priced but the food is nice. There are numerous shops, pharmacies and restaurants within 10 - 20 minutes walk or a $5-10 taxi ride. I walked all the time in pleasant autumnal sunshine. You walk through the large lobby to/from the pool which is good for checking out hotties but bad for large bellies!!! It is not a high end 4**** hotel and you do get a mixed crowd from professionals to handy men. That is reflective of the excellent value. If they added a little bit fancy wallpaper, thick carpets and gold trimmings they could charge 2 -3 times the current rates. My main gripe was Holywood beach. A huge let down in comparison to my home beachfront - Venice, Manhattan, Santa Monica, and Malibu in Los Angeles.

Dear falcao c,

Hopefully you will stay with us again just so we can read another one of your reviews :)
Thank you very much for the great feedback and the special mention of the concierge service. They are definitely key players here and it's always nice when their service is recognized.
Your comment on the walk through the lobby from the pool was hilarious! You definitely cannot compare Hollywood Beach to Malibu but I'm glad you enjoyed Hollywood anyway :)
We'll see you soon!

North Vancouver, British Coumbia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 November 2011

This was a combined holiday and business trip. Corner room was spacious with microwave, fridge and coffee maker.No bathtub and the sink was in the bedroom, inconvenient if your partner wants to sleep in! Pool was lovely, except to get to it you had to walk through the lobby. The problem being that after spending an hour at the pool, the lobby, and floors were frigid. We wore our robes but both ended up with colds.Took advantage of the "early bird" special after a long flight. Amazed to find the exact same menu 10 days later. The best meals were the chicken on ciabatta roll and the club sandwich.The water taxi stops at the hotel ( nice day on the Intercoastal) and a $1 trolley can take you down to a tacky beach boardwalk. Front staff were helpful but do not change $100. bills so bring change. A short taxi ride to Billy's Stone Crab restaurant which was a real treat.as was the water taxi ride to Los Almos and to " Les Bonne Crepes" for an amazing lunch.

Room Tip: Try and upgrade to a corner room with 2 balconies,you will get the sun at some point. It will cost m...
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank MarilynBurrows
Dear MarilynBurrows,

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate the chance to address any concerns with your stay and will review your comments with my management team.
Hopefully we'll see both of you soon. We'll save you a corner room :)

Tana F.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hollywood
Margaritaville Beach Resort
Marenas Beach Resort
Marenas Beach Resort
#2 of 9 in Sunny Isles Beach
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,419 reviews

Been to Crowne Plaza Hollywood Beach? Share your experiences!