“Excellent hotel, so-so location”

DoubleTree Resort by Hilton Hollywood Beach
Ranked #4 of 72 Hotels in Hollywood
Reviewed 29 May 2012

This hotel is beautiful! The rooms are very nice and polished, just like you'd expect from Crowne Plaza. The infinity pool is amazing, with great Intracoastal Waterway views. There's a tiki bar at the pool that's way overpriced, like every hotel bar, but the drinks and service are very good. The lawn chairs and towel service are great, too, and there's plenty of seating around the pool for everyone. The hotel isn't on the beach, but it's literally right across the street, so it's an easy walk. You can see it from your balcony, depending on where your room is. If you can't see that water, though, you can definitely see the Waterway, which is gorgeous, too.

The only downside to this hotel is the location. It's so far down Hollywood Beach that it's actually on the line of Hollywood/Hollandale. That area is perfectly nice, but there's just not much you can easily walk to for food, bars, etc. However, there is a Walmart shopping center with a few options across the Waterway you can walk to via the bridge on Hollandale Beach Blvd, and for quick beer/drink needs, there's a 7-11 next door. Also, the hotel has ensured other transportation is available. There's a Hollywood Beach Trolley stop in front of the hotel to take you to the boardwalk for $1 per person each way and there's a Water Taxi stop behind the hotel on the Waterway.

Room Tip: The photos of the water views on hotels.com and other sites can be misleading. Only corner rooms hav...
1  Thank Brittany J
mistypfllso, Manager at DoubleTree Resort by Hilton Hollywood Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2012

Dear Brittany G.,

We really appreciate you taking the time to share this review with us. Your compliments of our hotel and services are very kind. It's unfortuante to hear that you aren't fond of the location. While there aren't much restaurants within walking distance, our concierge can easily arrange a cab to downtown Hollywood, which is approximately 2.5 miles or as you mentioned, the Hollywood Trolley brings you to the Broadwalk where there's a variety of things to do.
We just hope to get a chance to WOW you with another visit to our hotel.
Please let us know if you would like to discuss this further, at Sales@cphollywoodbeach.com. We have a list of recommendations prepared for your next visit with us. :)

Tana F.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,800)

Reviewed 29 May 2012

This is a beautiful hotel but unfortunately the customer service will keep me from ever returning again. First as soon as we pulled up to the front door a valet ran out and asked if we were going to self park or valet park. My boyfriend was actually going to drop me off at the door as I am currently in a leg cast due to a car accident and don't walk well. When we tried to tell him that we just wanted to drop me off he became very rude and told us to move our from in front of the door as we could not "park" there. We asked for handicap parking as I have a permit and because the handicap parking is actually in the valet parking lot we had a issue with the valet person giving us access to our car EVERYTIME we left the hotel or returned. I went to the front desk manager several times but the issue never seemed to be resolved. We we checked into our room I was very pleased! the room was very nice, the bed was very comfortable and the view was beautiful. That name(early morning) at 2:47am a group of people got off the elevator( across the hall from our room) and started screaming and yelling, they continued this until 4:12am. The next morning I called the front desk to ask for a room change, I was told quickly and rudely that there was not a room available. I was not asked what my issue with the room was or told to try back later in the day. I went down to the front desk in person and spoke with someone who was very helpful, she told me that she would find me another room and would call me as soon as it was ready. I was very disappointed with the room we when moved to, not as nice, smaller closet, and the view was not of the parking lot instead of a waterview. We were staying 7 nights so we had to repack all our clothes and the stuff we had gone to the store and purchased for our stay and move it all to another room we should have at least gotten a room as nice as the one we had. All in all I feel the customer service here is lacking in many ways and would not stay here again, and would not ever recommend a handicap person to stay because you are not treated as a handicap shoud be treated.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank smilinva2001

Dear smilinva2001,

Thank you for taking time to share your experience with us. We appreciate the opportunity to address your concerns. It is unforutnate to hear that there were unpleasant moments while arriving at eh hotel and changing rooms. This sort of service is not a norm for us so we will definitely investigate them with our Executive Management.
As for the handicap parking, the guest uses the valet parking lot, closes to the front door, to park. However, our valet gentleman are required to check the handicap pass in the car before allowing anyone to enter that private section, as I'm sure you understand. There are numerous valet gentleman so until they get famaliar with the car, the hotel procedure of checking for a pass, will apply. We certainly apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused.
We would love to discuss this with you further if you'd like. Please email us at Sales@cphollywoodbeach.com. We're looking forward to hearing from you!

Reviewed 27 May 2012

This was our first stay in Hollywood. We just wanted a place close to the boardwalk, beach, and trolley stop as a post cruise hotel; but was amazed at the service we received from the moment we arrived. The concierge was amazing, he held our luggage when we arrived early and gave us great suggestions for lunch. Our spacious corner room was perfection, with a remarkable king bed, chaise lounge, and fabulous tiled rain shower. We had two large balconies with views of the beach and intercoastal waterway. The unbelieveable pool had a spectacular infinity edge on the intercoastal with sitting ledges, easy access walk-in entrance, and numerous beach lounges with tiki bar and jacuzzi. The breakfast buffet at the restaurant was outstanding with make your own belgium waffles. Will definitely return for a longer stay.

Room Tip: Outstanding resort style pool, and breakfast buffet!
1  Thank Pearldayz

Dear Pearldayz,

Wow! We are so grateful for such a wonderful review.
Thank you so much for all the great feedback and the lovely comments on our staff and the service they've provided you with. We love having our guests leave our hotel feeling just the way you do but to hear all of your feedback, well that brought a smile to all of our faces.
We'll be sure to save some belgium waffles for you on your next visit :)
Please do not hesistate to contact us if you need any assistance with future reservations, at Sales@cphollywoodbeach.com.
Thank you again Pearldayz and we're looking forward to welcoming you back home!

Reviewed 27 May 2012

The Crowne Plaza in Hollywood, Florida is a fantastic hotel. The only other comparable property near this location would be the Westin Diplomat, but I am very happy with my choice to choose Crowne Plaza instead. The rooms are spacious and include a kitchenette and mini fridge, as well as a balcony. The staff and bellhops were all incredibly friendly and were happy to answer any questions or fulfill any requests. The hotel is a stop for the Hollywood Trolley which will take you to various locations for $1 per ride; maps for the routes can be found in the hotel lobby, but be aware that the trolley only runs until 10 pm. Additionally, the Water Taxi stops at the hotel right by the pool area. The hotel is located across the street from the beach, but the road you need to cross has a crosswalk right in front of the hotel and is not hard at all to cross. There is a 7-Eleven RIGHT next door and has a good selection of snacks, hot foods, beer, and cheap wine. If you're looking for more, Wal-Mart is a 5 minute walk across the bridge next to the hotel (it has a wide sidewalk, which was nice). The infinity pool, which is situated alongside the Intracoastal Waterway, is remarkable and has a wonderful tropical atmosphere. Really the only downside was that a cab to/from the Fort Lauderdale airport will run you between $25 and $30 each way. If you're looking to travel to this area, I recommend Crowne Plaza because of its great value, rooms, and friendly staff.

Room Tip: All rooms have a balcony, so you really can't go wrong as you will at least have some view of th...
3  Thank Stephen Z

Dear Stephen Z,

Thank you for sharing such a detailed and kind review of your stay with us. It's great to hear that you had a chance to enjoy the hotel and got a chance to really explore the neightborhood. :)
Your compliments on our staff services and the great bellhops are much appreciated. We strive to make every guest feel as welcome as you did and we appreciate you giving us your feedback. Hopefully we'll get a chance to welcome you back to the Crowne Plaza the next time your in town from Saint Charles.
See you soon!

Reviewed 25 May 2012

I arrived Tuesday for a 3 night stay and as soon as I drove my car up to the valet parking, I was immediately made to feel welcome!. I was so impressed by the friendliness, professionalism and attention to detail that I found where ever I looked at the CP. Special shout out to Nacho at the Lava Tikki bar who makes every guest feel special (& his cocktails are real good & strong!). The staff are always glad to help and in my experience, went out of their way to make my stay special. Everyone from the maintenance folks, the valet parkers, to the front desk staff always had a pleasant word and a huge smile. This hotel has the best customer service I've ever experienced & I have stayed in many hotels in many different cities & countries. The hotel is clean, my room was very large, specious and bright. I stayed on the 9th floor (hotel is 10 floors) and I enjoyed sitting on my balcony looking left at the ocean & looking right at the intercoastal (the view looking down was at the parking lot - so if you are on a higher floor, maybe ask not to face the parking lot). When I told the staff that I would be celebrating my birthday, I got vouchers for cocktails, a voucher for their decent buffet breakfast and a voucher for coffee. I look forward to future stays at the Crowne Plaza!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank BigHabsFan
mistypfllso, Manager at DoubleTree Resort by Hilton Hollywood Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2012

Dear BigHabsFan,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share this wonderful review.
We are so happy we exceeding your expectations during your stay with us. Your compliments on our staff, with the special mention of Nacho, of greatly appreciated.
We strive to make all of our guest feel like "Crowne Royalty" so that you leave with a memorable experience so thank you for your feedback.
We can't wait to welcome you back to the hotel soon!

Reviewed 23 May 2012

I stayed for 5 nights in May. The staff was wonderful. The rooms were very clean and comfortable . The view was overlooking the pool area and intercoastal waterway . The pool area was beautiful . The best part was the pool area overlooking the waterway . It was nice seeing the boats go by. Short was to the beach to the beach and the trolly was in front of the hotel and the watertaxi was near the pool . Great location . I will stay again .

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
mistypfllso, Manager at DoubleTree Resort by Hilton Hollywood Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2012

Dear rwrigh4,

Thank you for all of your wonderful feedback. It's always great to hear when our guests truly enjoy all of the amenities that we offer. Definitely let us know if you need help booking that future reservation. :) You can email us directly at sales@cphollywoodbeach.com.
We look forward to welcoming you back to Hollywood!

Reviewed 21 May 2012

This past week has been a much needed vacation for our family. We stayed at the Crowne the 11th-12th. Our room was neatly organized with all the bells and whistles. The room service was exceptional! Major plus.. The fitness area was quite spectacular as well. The concierge was on top of everything! We were very much pleased with our stay so much so that we had booked another night after returning from an eight night cruise. Everything was smooth sailing and this hotel made it worthwhile.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Travis B

Dear Travis B,

THANK YOU!
You're review is very nice and it's so great to hear how much you and your family enjoyed your stay with us. You even booked another night after your cruise? That's awesome!
We really appreciate you taking the time to share your experience and appreciate all of your compliments on our hotel and staff services. Please feel free to contact us directly for reservations in the future. Our email address is sales@cphollywoodbeach.com.
We're definitely looking forward to welcoming you and your family back home :)

Tana F.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Hollywood
Margaritaville Beach Resort
Hollywood Beach Marriott
Hollywood Beach Marriott
#6 of 72 in Hollywood
Seminole Hard Rock Hotel Hollywood
Casa Pellegrino Boutique Hotel
Caribbean Resort by the Ocean
Hampton Inn Hallandale Beach/Aventura

Been to DoubleTree Resort by Hilton Hollywood Beach? Share your experiences!