For the money, Crowne Plaza was a great place to stay. It's very close to the beach, requiring you to walk across the street and behind the condos that are situated on the beach. The views from this hotel are not as nice as some beach properties because the condos block most of the view although you can also face the intercoastal waterways behind the hotel which will take you north to Fort Lauderdale on the water taxis. Even though it's not ideally situated on the beach, it offers a large hub of safe public transportation including the one dollar trolleys that can take you to the Hollywood Beach Boardwalk and the aforementioned river taxis that you can use all day for twenty dollars and see not just Hollywood, but Fort Lauderdale as well. It's also just a tiny 30 minute drive south on Ocean Drive to reach South Beach so it serves as a nice, affordable but still premium lodging that can easily get you to all the places worth seeing in that area of Florida. The mecca of Florida casinos is also just a thirty minute drive (if that) to the west and downtown Hollywood with a wide offering of nifty restaurants and bars is literally around the corner and a short drive. The hotel is clean and the staff is extremely nice. The concierge Jeff, in particular, was one of the friendliest down-to-earth employees I've met at that position in a while. Be aware of certain costs such as parking (which is really hard to escape in most Florida beach towns) and if you use a debit card they will take out a sum on top of your hotel fees only to be replaced a week later. The rooms were nice although they told me they didn't offer king size beds which was disappointing. On a small side note, if you have a fear of heights, the balconies at the Crowne Plaza can instill a little bit of vertigo because of their clear railings and slim ledges. The room we stayed in came with a fridge and microwave. The pool was nice but nothing spectacular, and the same for the restaurant. Honestly, there are so many nearby top notch restaurants in downtown Hollywood, Fort Lauderdale and of course the famous South Beach that you'd be cheating yourself by eating at the hotel. If you'd rather drive to the Boardwalk, there is a paid parking garage about a five minute drive north of this hotel. This is really an ideal place to stay if you still want some luxury but don't want to break the bank and plan on spending several days visiting Miami, Fort Lauderdale and the surrounding areas. If you want a luxury hotel on the beach, the Marriott is really the only one that is located direclty on the Boardwalk and let me tell you, Hollywood has some nice beaches. Large sandy beaches, clean, and no drinking allowed. The cabanas available for rent are located all along the long strip of Hollywood Beach. If you're looking for a less costly option, there are quite a few nice-looking small motels directly on the Boardwalk and while I'm usually hesitant to stay in those places because of cleanliness and security, I saw a few that I wrote down numbers for on my next "lounge at the beach only" trip. If you want the best, the Westin is very close to the Crowne Plaza but also has the disadvantage of not being directly on the Boardwalk. All together, this was a relaxing stay and I enjoyed my time in Hollywood, Florida.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Reserve a welcoming stay at the Crowne Plaza Hollywood Beach Resort, one of the premier Fort Lauderdale hotels. Our ideal location among Hollywood, Florida hotels situates us conveniently between luminous beachfronts and stellar Ft. Lauderdale attractions like Gulfstream Park and Miami Dolphin Stadium. Experience lodging that befits the stunning surroundings. Utilize our state-of-the-art fitness center, taste South Florida hotel cuisine at Elements Bistro or sip a cool cocktail from Lava Tiki Bar & Grille. After a spectacular day of fun in the sun, retire to our richly-appointed guestrooms at one of the leading hotels in Hollywood, FL. Don t miss a gorgeous sunset from your balcony, and take advantage of amenities including complimentary high-speed Internet access, in-room safe, refrigerator, microwave and free premium cable. Upgrade to one of our three elegant suites and enjoy the comfort of a private bedroom and the refreshing feel of modern design. Plan your South Florida travel around a luxurious stay at one of the newest Florida vacation resorts. Discover chic, yet affordable waterfront lodging with one of our Hollywood, Florida vacation packages. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Expedia, Odigeo, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Ebookers, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Crowne Plaza Hollywood Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Hollywood Beach Hotel Hollywood
- Hollywood Crowne Plaza
- Crowne Plaza Hollywood Beach Florida