“Very disappointed in this property”

Crowne Plaza Hollywood Beach
Ranked #9 of 66 Hotels in Hollywood
Tampa, Florida
“Very disappointed in this property”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 December 2013

Valet:

Where do I begin, the first time I got my car back from the valet it didn't have any type of valet tag attached to it, how do they know not to give it to somebody else instead of me? I asked and the guy said "Don't worry, I know it's your car." Then the second time I retrieved my car, they decided to attach the little string to it with the identifying information.

One night when I parked in the front, around midnight. Nobody was at the valet desk, I looked around and waited for 5 minutes and then finally went inside. The valet was helping somebody at the front desk, apparently they're short-staffed? Then the valet went outside to help the gentleman in front of me waiting to have his car parked as well. I heard the valet say "just leave the key on my desk ok?". No, I'm sorry I don't pay $20 a day in valet fees to have you tell me to leave my key on the desk, what's to stop somebody off the street from running up to the desk grabbing my key and leaving with my car? After first checking in I was told to call 5 minutes before I need my car and they'll have it waiting for me. So I did, when I came down, my car wasn't there, the valets were standing around and I had to ask for them to get me my car, so obviously I guess the phone call was ignored because they weren't busy at all.

Right near the elevators there was pool of water, there wasn't a leak so I guess it was from guests coming from the pool or beach. Next morning the pool of water was still there, not sure if it was new or the same one but the point is the staff isn't on top of things like this.

The bathroom in my hotel room, where the towel bar is, I could see pencil marks of x's where they obviously were laying out where it should be hung. I found multiple marks. I found some bright neon pink stuff on the bathroom wall. I found bright yellow, orange, green marks on the white ceiling. Who knows how they got there or what they are, but that tells me they don't clean well. The a/c was extremely noisy, that tells me the system is old and not well-maintained.

Some of the shower curtain hooks were mismatched and rusted. The first day the cleaning service left me about a quarter of the soap and towels I was given on the first day.

Then to top it all off, one day we left our room at around noon, the cleaning service was outside. We locked the door. Around 10 hours later we come back to our room, the door is open, the inside latch was moved to keep it from closing and the room was made up. So the cleaning service left our room open, possibly for several hours. We had electronics, cash, jewelry, other valualbles in the room. Luckily nothing was stolen, but it could have been easily. That's a huge security issue, what if some kids ran into the room and wrecked it? What if a criminal snuck into the room and waited for me to stab me? I let the front desk know on the phone right away and let them know the next morning, all they could say was they would make a note of it to the manager. They should have moved mountains to show their concern, comped me a night, not charged me valet, something, but they didn't. Very disappointed and it shows me management is clueless as to what goes on here.

1 Thank Joseph A
Tana F, Manager at Crowne Plaza Hollywood Beach, responded to this review, 6 January 2014
Dear Joseph A,

We truly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us. We greatly apologize for the inconveniences you encountered during your stay with us. The service issues mentioned in this review will be reviewed with our management to ensure they are addressed. Our team strives to exceed all of our guest’s expectations so to hear of your dissatisfaction is truly alarming. Please feel free to contact directly at sales@cphollywoodbeach.com should you want to discuss this further. We hope for the opportunity to show you what our service culture is all about in the near future. Thank you again for your time.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (385)
  • Turkish first
NJ
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 December 2013 via mobile

Highly recommended. The only concern is limited restaurants in walking distance. This could be simply resolved with car rental, taxi, or local buses.
We had tons of fun, and would be happy to come back.
Stayed over Christmas week.

• Stayed December 2013
1 Thank Anna B
Dear Anna B,

We are so happy to know you and your family enjoyed your Christmas vacation with us!
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. Hopefully, our concierge was able to provide you with restaurant recommendations nearby. The Hollywood Trolley stops directly in front of our hotel and for only $1 each way, you can explore the many restaurants within a short distance. Again, we appreciate your time in sharing this review and look forward to seeing you all in the near future!
Houston, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 December 2013

Booked this hotel for 4 nights through Travelocity, stayed one night. Could not sleep, AC was so loud and annoying, checked out after one night. Hotel staff was rude and unaccommodating. Travelocity customer service call center is out of India, totally worthless. Will never book through Travelocity again, once you pay, there are no refunds, regardless of how bad the rooms are.

Room Tip: Chose another hotel.
1 Thank Jack S
Tana F, Manager at Crowne Plaza Hollywood Beach, responded to this review, 27 December 2013
Dear Jack S,

We truly appreciate you sharing this review with us and allowing us to address your concerns. We are sorry to hear that there was a noise issue in your room during your stay with us. Hopefully you were offered the option to change rooms which is the typical procedure in such cases. As for your reservation booked through Travelocity, unfortunately we do not have access to the information you to a third party. We would recommend speaking with an authority at their company and have them contact the hotel on your behalf. However, if you need further assistance from us, please email us directly at sales@cphollywoodbeach.com. Thank you again for your time.
Northampton, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 December 2013

I booked this hotel thanks to a deal on Priceline. The staff could not have been any more friendly and helpful. Check in was fast and smooth and the front desk were always very professional and warm. They did a great job making you feel welcome.

The hotel itself is located across the street from the beach, not more than a 3-4 minute walk depending on the crosswalk light. The pool area is nestled up against the Intercostal Waterway. You could lounge up against the waterway itself on a deck or near the very large pool. The only knock I had was the ongoing maintenance work going on nearby involving hammering and drilling, which was a bit disturbing.

The room was plenty big and had a balcony which had a view of the Intercostal and a glimpse of the ocean if you looked out to the right. It was clean, the bed was comfortable and it featured a microwave and fridge. There was a nice sized TV and free wifi, which worked well. A little strange having the sink outside of the bathroom without much of a barrier.

Parking is a bit pricey, but that appears to be par for the course for the area. I factored it into the Priceline bid I submitted and knew about it ahead of time by reading the fine print. You really do need a car in the area as there aren't many bars or restaurants within comfortable walking distance. Also, one rum and diet coke in the hotel bar was nearly $11 and the tip is included. Again a bit pricey, but again know that before you go.

All in all it was a nice stay and I enjoyed the hotel.

Room Tip: It seems like rooms away from the drawbridge/Hallandale Beach Boulevard side would be a bit quieter...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
Dear BlueGold75,

Thank you for sharing this great review with us!
We are thrilled to know that we were able to help you enjoyed your long weekend. Your compliments on our staff services and hotel amenities are much appreciated. We were renovating our pool deck which at this time the project is complete. However, we greatly apologize for the inconvenience that this caused during your stay. We hope to welcome you back to Hollywood in the near future. Please feel free to contact us directly at sales@cphollywoodbeach.com should you have any general or reservation questions. Happy Holidays!
Galway
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 December 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for a conference nearby. The hotel is under whelming on first impression; basic foyer but I was expecially disappointed by the grumpy reception staff. If I were booking into a $50 hotel it may be acceptable to have no eye contact and poor manner but not at a hotel where one is paying multiples of that. Room was spacious and breakfast staff were friendly. I'd stay elsewhere again.

• Stayed December 2013
1 Thank Grace2009Galway
Dear Grace2009Galway,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us.
We are pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay but disappointed that we did not deliver exemplary service. We strive to exceed all of our guest’s expectations and will be sure to discuss your feedback with our team. Please be sure that this is not a norm at our hotel and we will ensure that it is addressed. Hopefully, we will get the opportunity to welcome you back to Hollywood and show you what our service culture is truly about. Happy Holidays!
Newton, Massachusetts
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 December 2013

This hotel has nice spacious rooms, a pleasant pool area right at the edge of the intracoastal waterway, and is located across the road from the beach. The price is reasonable if that's all you're looking for, but if you also want a location where you can stroll around looking at interesting shops and restaurants, look elsewhere.

Dear Deborah F,

We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us.
Hopefully the next time you visit Hollywood, we can get you more information on things to do in the area. We have tons of shops and restaurants at the Hollywood Beach Broadwalk just a mile and a half north of our hotel. Our guests usually catch the Hollywood Trolley for a $1 to explore the city. Thank you again for your time and we look forward to seeing you soon!
Vlaardingen, netherlands
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 December 2013 via mobile

Upon arrival we were informed that it was possible to self park or valet. Difference in price is $2,00, we choose self park I just prefer that even if the price had been the same.

We were helped friendly during our check inn. Our room was large and had a large refrigerator, microwave and coffee maker in a kitchen setup.

The sink was in the room, toilet and large shower were separate. Also a balcony with two chairs and a small table. No worries with small kids because the balcony railing was made of glass, no slipping through possible.

For our baby they provided a crib with a good mattress, nothing like those thin playpen beds we had in two other hotels during this trip.
With the crib there also came extra towels and linen. There was no charge for this service.

The pool was great, new tiles were almost in place everywhere. Pool had a good temperature even for small kids and if you like it hot there's also a huge hottub.

The hotel was better then expected, expectations were somewhat lower since we had been in Crowne Plaza St. Louis and weren't impressed at all then.

The combination of the crib with a real mattress, pool with comfortable water temperature and the large clean room made it the best hotel till now on our trip. The one night here could have been more for me.

Wifi is free with the provided code in the key card holder. It isn't the fastest around but ok.

Stayed December 2013
Dear mafootje,

Thank you for sharing this wonderful review!
We are so pleased to know that you and your family enjoyed your vacation with us. We look forward to welcoming you all back to Hollywood, FL in the near future. Happy Holidays!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hollywood
Hollywood Beach Marriott
#6 of 66 in Hollywood
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,492 reviews
Central Beach
Sonesta Fort Lauderdale Beach
Sonesta Fort Lauderdale Beach
#17 of 128 in Fort Lauderdale
4.0 of 5 bubbles 2,568 reviews

Been to Crowne Plaza Hollywood Beach? Share your experiences!